Fran Brown's first game grade = B+ | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown's first game grade = B+

I wondered if heard came in for Wax but a different person came in for Wax on the punt.

Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

im implying that McCord will play in fifteen games this season, hence the need to multiply his 1 game #’s X 15 in order to get his full season total.

I know. If we win the natty, I suspect everybody's bank account will go up.

Yes we lost our best player, but the weak and lazy issues are likely due to being unsure of what to do. I mean this is almost completely the same defensive players from last year with numerous additions. Their performance was concerning but surely has to get better. How quickly they can improve is the question.

And I’m guessing the defensive calls were pretty vanilla because maybe they didn’t want to throw too much at them yet. Hopefully that can changes soon as well.

We have to improve a lot and quickly if we want to have the season we all hope for.
I think the "vanilla playcalling" excuse is one we all used over the years because we didn't want to accept what we saw on the field.

I think the defense is still getting used to what they need to do in the new system and Fran alluded to it in the post game presser talking about the DL. They didn't really attack at the line, outside of Perry who was pushing his guy into the backfield a lot.

I think the "vanilla playcalling" excuse is one we all used over the years because we didn't want to accept what we saw on the field.

I think the defense is still getting used to what they need to do in the new system and Fran alluded to it in the post game presser talking about the DL. They didn't really attack at the line, outside of Perry who was pushing his guy into the backfield a lot.
Perry (sophomore) and Watson (freshman) will be a force going forward at DT. Very excited to watch those two develop.

OK. Didn't listen to the presser yet. Makes sense and glad to hear they should be attacking more because it sure seemed like a lack of strength or really effort as they should be strong enough. So are they just reading the offense and trying to determine their gap responsibilities and not being physical at the same time and trying to push their man back while also maintaining their gaps?

Vanilla could make sense in this instance though considering they are all just learning the defense so keeping it basic may be easier.

I've read multiple people stating Perry playing well which is good as i didn't specifically notice him. I only know Perry didn't register any tackles but glad he was getting a good push.

OK. Didn't listen to the presser yet. Makes sense and glad to hear they should be attacking more because it sure seemed like a lack of strength or really effort as they should be strong enough. So are they just reading the offense and trying to determine their gap responsibilities and not being physical at the same time and trying to push their man back while also maintaining their gaps?

Vanilla could make sense in this instance though considering they are all just learning the defense so keeping it basic may be easier.

I've read multiple people stating Perry playing well which is good as i didn't specifically notice him. I only know Perry didn't register any tackles but glad he was getting a good push.
Perry was noticeable when he was on the field.

My dumbass Florida State buddy...

Syracuse may not get to 6 wins. They suck. Their defense is porous. Fren Brewn, or whatever his name is, reflects a deer caught in headlights. Only reason dude pulled recruits is because rando sh- when he was at GA. Dome looked good, surprised by attendance, so that's a positive for ya i guess. I just don't see the orange school winning more than 5 or 6 games. Sorry.
Bet you can’t wait to queue up that text later today lol.

I am bemused at some expectations for HCFB. His first game as a HC has to be viewed positively. He was within a point of covering the spread, ably managed the clock, never panicked and let his coaches coach. He was also not passive. When he had to waste a time out because it took too long for ST to get lined up He gave the STC what for.

After so many years of Villanova games it was satisfying to beat a team we were supposed to beat by the margin we should. Ohio is a good, well coached team and, in the final analysis, it was a good win.

It was the first game for everybody. New players, new coaches, new schemes even new seats! Glitches are to be expected. Easily could have been 45 points without that bad holding call No way that is disappointing.

FB didn't get out coached, but some players didn't live up to expectations. Perhaps that can be said about the DC as well. FB did fine, especially for his first time out.

We will see what happens next week. The D will either see marked improvement (noting Wax absence) or we may find out it is not as good as hoped. Either way we should have a good season while building a solid base on which to build on. The recruiting is great and FB will only get better as head coach

Color me glass 3/4 full.
LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocketjcat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom