26 to 11 | Syracusefan.com

26 to 11

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Is the number of shots Cooney had compared to Rak...yea yea I know, " offense wasnt the problem" . No way the shot differential should be that large. I think Rak scored on at least 3/4 of his touches down low in the second half. He was in such a groove and then nada.

UNC just had big bodies they could rotate against Rak. It's easier for a guard get his shot than it is for a big man. Plenty of Cooney's shots came from him doing something off the dribble.

Also, when you get fouled it doesn't count against your shot total. Rak had what, 12 FT attempts? that makes his number around 17 shots total.

Cooney trying to do whatever he could to win. His shot selection was questionable at times with all his step backs and shots while moving. But he tried his hardest, he's a tough kid. Can't believe he couldn't get a couple more face up shots.

UNC just had big bodies they could rotate against Rak. It's easier for a guard get his shot than it is for a big man. Plenty of Cooney's shots came from him doing something off the dribble.

Also, when you get fouled it doesn't count against your shot total. Rak had what, 12 FT attempts? that makes his number around 17 shots total.

I hear ya, but his ft attempts also show how effective he was. He literally should have gotten the ball down low every singlepossession

Cooney trying to do whatever he could to win. His shot selection was questionable at times with all his step backs and shots while moving. But he tried his hardest, he's a tough kid. Can't believe he couldn't get a couple more face up shots.

He missed easy passes to Rak at least twice and that stupid off the bottom of the backboard reverse lay up attempt should have been a pass out to BJ to try something else.

Trevor played hard tonight but he didn't always play smart.

Loved cooneys effort, always do. And I know he needs to score for us to win, I just thought tonight Rak couldve done even more danage

I'm a little torn, the numbers seem off, but I don't recall thinking Cooney was ever taking shots out of rhythmn to be honest. At least nothing out of sorts.

Their was one late fadeaway where he missed Rak, but Cooney is pretty bad at feeding the post in the general so probably not the biggest sin.

Overall, can't complain because I just don't recall more than a couple shots where I grimaced, and you get a couple of those per game from almost anyone. Including Rak.

Now, Joseph and Patterson combining for any more than 2 shots, for every 20 shots Rak takes is a travesty!!! :)

i agree trevor played well and was the main reason we kept it close. but again 26 is a bit much.

edit: and a lot of those shots fall into the prayer category.not good looks.

Trevor has to take those shots, if he isn't who will? Joseph doesn't even begin to look for his shot, Patterson can't hit the broad side of a barn, and Mike disappears at times. There is a ton of pressure on Trevor and Rak to produce big time every game just to keep us in it. Luckily T-Rob is coming to life. I'd like to see BJ get some run, and see what he can do. At this point what's it going to hurt?

seemed like cooney was shooting 50% deep. reality was 4/ 13. 26 shots is excessive.

No, no it's not. Not when we have no other scorers other than Christmas. If those shots could have been transferred to Christmas, maybe (not really) you have a point, but they couldn't have.

Not to attack you -- I'm mad in general at the hate -- but this is getting f***ing ridiculous. Cooney played a great game today. Not good, great. Christmas played a great game, too. We're going to give Cooney grief for being slightly inefficient when he put up 28 points? Really?

He missed easy passes to Rak at least twice and that stupid off the bottom of the backboard reverse lay up attempt should have been a pass out to BJ to try something else.

Trevor played hard tonight but he didn't always play smart.

You do realize that you just said a layup from Cooney is worse than a BJ Johnson with the ball on the perimeter? Am I the only one who sees this as a ridiculous comment?

Forget it. I was in a good mood, but threads like this are disgusting. Bye.

To win, we had to get it to Rak down the stretch. With 28 pts, hard to fault Cooney, but he was still only hitting at 38%. vs Rak at 50%

Also, Robertson went from 14 RBs against Miami to just 3 tonight. Size was an issue for sure, but slapping the ball out vs holding onto it was a factor.

Fun game, but with a few key adjustments near the end, we could have won.

then you must be equally thrilled with kaleb's 4 points on just 2 shots.

You do realize that you just said a layup from Cooney is worse than a BJ Johnson with the ball on the perimeter? Am I the only one who sees this as a ridiculous comment?

Forget it. I was in a good mood, but threads like this are disgusting. Bye.

Cooney attempted a reverse layup under the basket while attacking 3 UNC defenders WHO ARE ALL TALLER THAN HIM. He had no chance, which is exactly why he hit the bottom of the backboard on that attempt. Had he actually kicked to BJ, there was a wide open G for the next pass. Or Cooney could have gone behind BJ and actually taken a makeable shot for a three pointer.

No, no it's not. Not when we have no other scorers other than Christmas. If those shots could have been transferred to Christmas, maybe (not really) you have a point, but they couldn't have.

Not to attack you -- I'm mad in general at the hate -- but this is getting f***ing ridiculous. Cooney played a great game today. Not good, great. Christmas played a great game, too. We're going to give Cooney grief for being slightly inefficient when he put up 28 points? Really?

No ones "hating" on Cooney, I love the way the kid plays. Simply stating that Rak needed to touch the ball a lot more. You can say he touched it a lot, but he needed more touches imo

No ones "hating" on Cooney, I love the way the kid plays. Simply stating that Rak needed to touch the ball a lot more. You can say he touched it a lot, but he needed more touches imo
I only saw the second half during which they didn't miss many opportunities to get it to Rak. The only other thing is that if they'd been a little more patient, maybe he would have gotten himself open for more touches (but maybe not).

I'm not sure people realize how tough it was to get the ball to Rak tonight with trees surrounding him. First half when he did get it he was mugged, fouled, missed, lost the ball, etc. There was no easy going. He was 1-5 that first half.

I'm not sure people realize how tough it was to get the ball to Rak tonight with trees surrounding him. First half when he did get it he was mugged, fouled, missed, lost the ball, etc. There was no easy going. He was 1-5 that first half.

They did a much better job in the first half moving Rak out of the lane. Rak overpowered them in the second half getting his position where HE wanted it. He's just a man out there.

That stat reveals the vulnerability and lack of depth of this team more than it is a criticism of Cooney (if you think the O.P. is taking a shot at Trevor, you haven't been reading this thread carefully).

Yeah, Cooney takes some forced shots. Who else is going to shoot? If Trevor isn't shooting, Rak isn't taking 8 shots a game because he'll be covered by 4 guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom