26 to 11 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

26 to 11

How is he suppose to get more looks when we only have 2 other offensive threats? Whoever guards Kaleb, Roberson or Buss automatically doubles on him. Roberson is finally starting to make teams pay.

How is he suppose to get more looks when we only have 2 other offensive threats? Whoever guards Kaleb, Roberson or Buss automatically doubles on him. Roberson is finally starting to make teams pay.

Cooney missed Rak a couple times tonight when he had his guy absolutely underneath the basket. Couldn't have been more simple.

Cooney missed Rak a couple times tonight when he had his guy absolutely underneath the basket. Couldn't have been more simple.
I won't deny that, but watching Kaleb try to enter the ball into the post is an adventure every time. Cooney is the least of our worries. Also, it's really hard to be critical of Cooney after this game, just saying.

I was a little surprised to see how many shots Cooney had taken, but I agree with others in that they only missed Rak a handful of times. UNC was a huge team and they weren't just goons like FSU has, they were legit big men. I still just marvel at Christmas though, he's an absolute monster down there. I really wish there was some way we could win enough games to get him ACC POY honors, but alas it won't happen.

CuseFaninVT said:

Couple times isn't bad at all. You talk like every player has to make the right decision 100% of the time.

Couple times isn't bad at all. You talk like every player has to make the right decision 100% of the time.

The problem was he took and missed the hard shot on the same possession he missed the easy assist and easier shot. I thought overall he had a good game tonight, but he has to be great for us to win these kinds of games this year.

We won't win a lot of games if we have anyone needing 26 FGA to get to 28 points.

Cooney made some very tough shots, but there is no way that this was our gameplan, nor can it be the way we go forward.

Thank you, thats all Ive been trying to say

We won't see another team all year (with the exception of Louisville I guess) that will have much that size to bother Rak. It seemed like UNC at all times had 2 guards and 3 guys who were over 6'9 on the court. Meeks and Joel James are both loads. Rak was so impressive last night considering what he had to battle against. Rak is no doubt the #1 option, but you can all do so much to try to get him the ball. Cooney had 7 shots vs. Clemson because Rod Hall is a great defender; not every game will be 15 shots each for Cooney and Rak.

Rax took a real beating last night and stood up well but he was wincing several times running down court. and then i hear the booth talk of Plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis is one of the most common causes of heel pain). what's up there?

seemed like cooney was shooting 50% deep. reality was 4/ 13. 26 shots is excessive.

He got off to a good start and the team was doing well. That encourages a shooter to keep shooting.

We won't win a lot of games if we have anyone needing 26 FGA to get to 28 points.

Cooney made some very tough shots, but there is no way that this was our gameplan, nor can it be the way we go forward.
It is Rak, Cooney, and sometimes G... that's what we got.

That might be simplifying, but Kaleb can't be counted on to put up points...
It would be cool to see BJ get more run, just to see if he could be a firecracker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom