27,500 tix sold for tomorrows WVU game | Syracusefan.com

27,500 tix sold for tomorrows WVU game

Cuseman78

All Conference
Probably going to fall short of the 30k number but looks like its going to be a huge crowd tomorrow.

Whens the last time we have had 3 30k games in one season?

1. im guessing there will be 30k
2. 2003

would have though we were closer to 30K already.. only 3k tickets left on ticketmaster. i wonder how many they hold back for the kids in the upperdeck.. uconn has under 1k left, UL is getting close.. gtown is hard to read as they have only opened one side of the far upperdeck so far..

and still no promotions by the school to push for bigger crowds..

I think we have a punchers chance of getting ot 30K. My guess would be 29,000+. Good crowd!

That will be a nice crowd.

The attendance in 2003 was more a function of favorable weekend scheduling, and a boost from Melo's last home game vs Rutgers. The norm has been 1 or 2 30k+ crowds per season.

Why should they? Promotions cost money. If they can put 29-31K in the building 3 times there better be a significant monetary upside to doing some kind of promotion to get to 32-33K.

Why should they? Promotions cost money. If they can put 29-31K in the building 3 times there better be a significant monetary upside to doing some kind of promotion to get to 32-33K.

lets just base it on 2,000 tickets.

we will say that AD profits $20 per ticket (cost of extra staff, tickets, ticketmaster etc...)

There is no way that a week long promotion for 1 game would cost them $40,000

Hopefully its not one of those large crowds that sit on there hands the whole time or aren't awake by 1 pm.

Just do an ORANGE OUT. Place looks pretty sweet when they do that.

475494245_GkXqz-M.jpg

lets just base it on 2,000 tickets.

we will say that AD profits $20 per ticket (cost of extra staff, tickets, ticketmaster etc...)

There is no way that a week long promotion for 1 game would cost them $40,000

I think assuming that SU makes $20 per ticket sold is way off.

And promotions almost always involve discounting tickets, so that cuts into the margin even more.

Basically my point is that we're going to have around THIRTY THOUSAND PEOPLE for 3 games. What do we need to "promote" exactly?

would have though we were closer to 30K already.. only 3k tickets left on ticketmaster. i wonder how many they hold back for the kids in the upperdeck.. uconn has under 1k left, UL is getting close.. gtown is hard to read as they have only opened one side of the far upperdeck so far..

There are probably closer to 2,500 third-level seats unsold for UConn. They don't make all seats available until there are very few left in the adjoining sections. There are ~650 seats being sold for UConn right now in 321 and 335; when that number drops below a certain point (400, I think?), they'll start selling seats in 322 and 334. When those are mostly sold, 323/324 and 333/332 will become available.

The attendance in 2003 was more a function of favorable weekend scheduling, and a boost from Melo's last home game vs Rutgers. The norm has been 1 or 2 30k+ crowds per season.

And favorable game times. The Pittsburgh game was a 7:00 or 7:30 p.m. tip; there would have been a thousand fewer people there had that been scheduled for 1:00 p.m. (very much like tomorrow's game).

I think assuming that SU makes $20 per ticket sold is way off.

And promotions almost always involve discounting tickets, so that cuts into the margin even more.

Basically my point is that we're going to have around THIRTY THOUSAND PEOPLE for 3 games. What do we need to "promote" exactly?

Nosebleeds cost $39 face value. $20 profit is a certainty.

And favorable game times. The Pittsburgh game was a 7:00 or 7:30 p.m. tip; there would have been a thousand fewer people there had that been scheduled for 1:00 p.m. (very much like tomorrow's game).

I believe rutgers was as mid-day game (dont quote me)

I believe rutgers was as mid-day game (dont quote me)

It was (and during Spring Break, too). Notre Dame was also early, maybe even a nooner, and I think there were a lot of sold-but-unoccupied seats (much of the student overflow in 303 and 302 was empty).

I think we end up with about 20k. With the weather being so warm, a lot of people who normally would have gone will take advantage of the opportunity to get some additional yard work in.:p

It was (and during Spring Break, too). Notre Dame was also early, maybe even a nooner, and I think there were a lot of sold-but-unoccupied seats (much of the student overflow in 303 and 302 was empty).

And the Rutgers game wasn't on TV --- Crazy to think that Melo's last game wasn't televised -- a bunch more people went up to that game just becuase they couldnt watch it at home.

And the Rutgers game wasn't on TV --- Crazy to think that Melo's last game wasn't televised -- a bunch more people went up to that game just becuase they couldnt watch it at home.

Yup, remember listening to it on the radio.

Forgot about that. Lack of television is probably the difference between 29,000 and 33,000.

i wasnt talking about give away type promotion.. i mean start the hype machine, get dome people talking about the large crowds on the news.. people like being there when the crowd is big.. push it that we are close to a sell out..

they should have been pushing 2 weeks ago that we needed several 30k crowds to get the attendance title back.. if they promoted it as "take back the titl"e and discounted tickets they could have turned the 28K into 32K.. you have to think out of the box if you want to keep people coming.. maybe they are happy with almost getting to 30K and almost being #1 in attendance..

i wasnt talking about give away type promotion.. i mean start the hype machine, get dome people talking about the large crowds on the news.. people like being there when the crowd is big.. push it that we are close to a sell out..

they should have been pushing 2 weeks ago that we needed several 30k crowds to get the attendance title back.. if they promoted it as "take back the titl"e and discounted tickets they could have turned the 28K into 32K.. you have to think out of the box if you want to keep people coming.. maybe they are happy with almost getting to 30K and almost being #1 in attendance..

I don't think that's a crazy idea; even using those Gameday ads on the front of suathletics.com more extensively could have helped.

It's quite possible that they would have gotten an attendance bump if they'd publicized a push to get the attendance crown, say, a couple days before the Providence game (when I noted that attendance was looking flat for the next couple games).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom