3-3-5 D and TCUs embarrassing, historically bad loss | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

3-3-5 D and TCUs embarrassing, historically bad loss

In their two games prior, Georgia had 42 points and 530 yards against Ohio State, 50 points and 530 yards against LSU.

As a result, both of those schools looked to Syracuse for defensive backfield help.

We're fine. We don't have to play Georgia, and we likely never will unless their worst season coincides with our best one.
Who else old enough to remember we beat them in a bowl game?

Mabye not the right thread but go watch the 2nd (I think 2nd) Georgia touchdown. Play design was a thing of beauty. If I'm Beck I immediately added it to my playbook.
Let's try and put together a few winning seasons and then maybe some day things fall in the right direction for us and we get in the playoffs. We may surprise one of the big dogs once in a while but to compete at that level consistently? I think not now.

The moment was too big for TCU to handle as they said the players on D were screwing up their assignments. Not saying Georgia wasn't better...they were by far, but they had the experience player and coaching wise and it showed from the get go.

I like the 3-3-5 and you can plug and play with it with a 4 or 5 man front at times plus blitz from anywhere. As long as the talented depth is there, which was built up do to injuries, I think we will see a heck of a D next year if the newish secondary can play their part.

You answered your own question.
Definitely. Just something to talk about given it succumbed to the worst blowout in bowl history.

What is the point of any of these systems, especially those getting some spotlight like the 3-3-5 if not to win a championship? And, if they cannot do that, or even help, then any system will do.

However, if it puts us in the best position to compete that we could possibly be in given the types of recruits we get, then, yes, it is the right thing.

The moment was too big for TCU to handle as they said the players on D were screwing up their assignments. Not saying Georgia wasn't better...they were by far, but they had the experience player and coaching wise and it showed from the get go.

I like the 3-3-5 and you can plug and play with it with a 4 or 5 man front at times plus blitz from anywhere. As long as the talented depth is there, which was built up do to injuries, I think we will see a heck of a D next year if the newish secondary can play their part.
I hadn't watched Dugan much, just heard about his story.

I thought he held onto the ball for way too long, and should have been using his legs more. Really bad decision making all around.

Definitely. Just something to talk about given it succumbed to the worst blowout in bowl history.

What is the point of any of these systems, especially those getting some spotlight like the 3-3-5 if not to win a championship? And, if they cannot do that, or even help, then any system will do.

However, if it puts us in the best position to compete that we could possibly be in given the types of recruits we get, then, yes, it is the right thing.
Why does a team have to win a chip with the 3-3-5 to prove its value? Its the same teams winning the title anyways. Bama LSU GA and Clemson have superior talent no matter the scheme they use. There are many teams that switched to it and had a big improvements. UCF, Kansas st Texas tech Iowa st to name a few. Evolution of spread offense. The scheme allows them to get more athletes on the field and match up better against these elite offenses. Why wouldn't they try it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom