3/5/2016 Florida State Game Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

3/5/2016 Florida State Game Thread

Once again, for the 20th time this season, lazy awful defense gives up a trey just before the halftime buzzer. Apparently this doesn't bother JB because heaven forbid we should play aggressive defense to deny the 3 pt shot when everyone in the arena knows it's coming.
defense was fine on that play (not so for most of the half) - very difficult shot that went in

Madbiker said:
Once again, for the 20th time this season, lazy awful defense gives up a trey just before the halftime buzzer. Apparently this doesn't bother JB because heaven forbid we should play aggressive defense to deny the 3 pt shot when everyone in the arena knows it's coming.

Watch the actual game. Defense on that play was fine...but doesn't fit your anti JB rant. Kid rose up and made a great contested shot.

If anyone cares for a halftime diversion. ACC semifinal game for women SU v L'ville is on ESPNU. SU up 26-16 6:50 left in Q2.

My three keys to the second half:

1. No early fourth foul from G
2. Guards crashing the glass and limiting back court turnovers leading to transition points for FSU
3. Keep running screens with Lydon

how hard can it be to maintain a 2.0 at LSU taking bs classes?

That would assume that he cares about that at all though. He's a professional basketball player in training, and was basically the guaranteed #1 pick before this season even started. Hard to blame him if that's all he cares about.

Unfortunately, we went from possibly being up 9 at the half to up 4.

Gbinije getting his 3rd and giving up that 3 was about as deflating of a finish as you could get.

Ben Simmons with less than a 2.0??? Geesh. If I was him I would be taking hunting 101, pottery 101, etc.
That's what UK kids take. That's even if they do go to a regular class.

cuseguy said:
Unfortunately, we went from possibly being up 9 at the half to up 4.

How could we be up 9 at half? We scored to go up 7 with 10 secs left or whatever it was.

Agreed and I'm usually a Roberson supporter even when he plays poor, but he looks totally of it.

Lydon/Coleman/Richardson/G/Cooney

That should be the lineup the majority of the way.

I guess JB's thrashing of him in the media didn't motivate him.

Are these 2 things rules we have to live by?

-G in foul trouble in 1st half

-Opposing team makes a 3 to end half

CorduroyG said:
How could we be up 9 at half? We scored to go up 7 with 10 secs left or whatever it was.

The G charge. Might have scored there.

OttoinGrotto said:
Just think how poorly he'd be playing if he hadn't been called out!

Roby doesnt play well when he thinks too much.

I guess JB's thrashing of him in the media didn't motivate him.

I think people have to start to realize that coach wasn't trying to motivate him. He was stating a fact.

I feel like our season is on the line here. Gonna have zero confidence we win on wednesday if we lose today, and that probably means nit.

JB gotta coach this half like its a tourny game

I think people have to start to realize that coach wasn't trying to motivate him. He was stating a fact.

I should have put a snark tag on my post.

Agreed and I'm usually a Roberson supporter even when he plays poor, but he looks totally of it.

Lydon/Coleman/Richardson/G/Cooney

That should be the lineup the majority of the way.
I get Coleman is a local kid but I don't get what everybody sees from him that make them want him on the floor.

Can't protect the rim bc he can't jump anymore.
Can't handle the ball.
Pump fakes constantly and gets blocked

ForumRunner_20160305_145836.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors