38 and done... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

38 and done...

Because they kept switching screens which was the entire goal of the Wisconsin offense. I know Barkley gets a lot or smack for his college game analysis, but he was 100% spot on there.
Exactly. There were a number of times throughout the game where Kaminskh found himself with Booker trying to guard him. Same with Hayes. Turrble defensive approach/execution by Kentucky.
btw, in general, I am of the opinion that playing defense that switches on everything is a bad idea

Exactly. There were a number of times throughout the game where Kaminskh found himself with Booker trying to guard him. Same with Hayes. Turrble defensive approach/execution by Kentucky.
btw, in general, I am of the opinion that playing defense that switches on everything is a bad idea

Duke switched everything and it worked great because the majority of mich st's offense was around the perimeter for some reason, so there was always opportunity to adjust to mismatches they ran into.

Wisconsin pounded it inside whenever they could.

Agreed, he should have recognized that was a problem and dealt with it sooner, however it's difficult to do something like that in a game if you haven't practiced it. Still, he had a week to prepare for that, because Wiscy was playing that way all year. Translation: Cal got out-coached on that.

The great abomination is over.

I didn't watch a minute of Kentucky this season, but did tape the game last night just in case. Strangely, there were 2 channels showing the game, TBS and TNT. I recorded the TNT show. I watched it after I knew Kentucky had lost. Turns out that TNT had the UK Team Stream, so I listended to, self declared homers, Rex Chapman and Dave Baker broadcast the game. Would have been impossible to listen to if I had not known the outcome of the game. My favorite Dave saying, "the dream has ended at Lucas Oil Stadium". Yes, Dave, the great abomination is over - thank goodness. Of the many things they said was something like this, "people will always remember what this great team accomplished". Maybe, but it is already fading in my memory.

Nice!

People wI'll remember this team like they remember the 98-99 Duke team with Brand , Maggette, and Langdon that went undefeated in the ACC, lost one game in the regular season,and lost in the NCG.

ie they won't.

The great abomination is over.

I didn't watch a minute of Kentucky this season, but did tape the game last night just in case. Strangely, there were 2 channels showing the game, TBS and TNT. I recorded the TNT show. I watched it after I knew Kentucky had lost. Turns out that TNT had the UK Team Stream, so I listended to, self declared homers, Rex Chapman and Dave Baker broadcast the game. Would have been impossible to listen to if I had not known the outcome of the game. My favorite Dave saying, "the dream has ended at Lucas Oil Stadium". Yes, Dave, the great abomination is over - thank goodness. Of the many things they said was something like this, "people will always remember what this great team accomplished". Maybe, but it is already fading in my memory.

Actually there were 3 broadcasts. The Wisconsin team stream was on TruTV.

I think cal's heavy rotations actually cost him

Booker was having a great stretch and then he sat

I think booker and Ulis are better than tje Harrison's, although they actually
Played great tonight
The "H" boys [ 20 yrs old ] played great in the 1st 20 minutes and neither bro. started the second half ! When they did not start,they must have had S--t Fit !

People wI'll remember this team like they remember the 98-99 Duke team with Brand , Maggette, and Langdon that went undefeated in the ACC, lost one game in the regular season,and lost in the NCG.

ie they won't.

No. They'll remember it the same way people remember the '91 UNLV team.

If he was a good coach, he would have pounded the ball inside to Towns. Hard to stop him and it would have created fouls. That's what happens when you promise guys they will play if they go there. You have to honor your promise or the word gets out. The very thing that gets him all these players makes it hard to be the best they could be as a team. As others have noted: He is a great recruiter but not a great coach. He does get the players to buy into it, so he does have that going...

He can't get the ball to Towns, he isn't on the court, you don't think he told his guards to get him the ball. The bottom line is Uk lost a close game to a very good team, there is no shame in that.

Can Calipari even coach? Like a little bit? His coaching seems to involve yelling, whining and stomping his feet. He can get recruit$, but he just doesn't seem like a Gameday coach. Bo took him to school tonight.
ask America who whines more jb or cal

The guy took Umass to the final four, Umass, what have they done since, and he should have won a national title at Memphis, what have they done since he left?

All bought and paid for just like Kensucky

Cal screwed up late in the game when he kept calling for the One-Four set and having Andrew Harrison repeatedly try to drive. His finger roll came up short every time. Should have been posting Towns up and dumping it down low to him.

jb has been caught twice. calipari zero

BS. Calipari led programs have twice been caught, and vacated final four appearances. That Calipari was able to slip off to the NBA / UK and leave UMass / Memphis behind to bear those penalties doesn't change the fact that his programs have gotten nailed. Twice.

What's the difference?

UNLV - undefeated going into final four and lost the game. Still acknowledged as great team that just didn't scale the summit.

Kentucky - undefeated going into final four and lost the game. History will judge how great they were.

I don't think anyone considers that Duke team to be a great team. I think that Kentucky will be considered a great team as time passes. We shall see.

UNLV - undefeated going into final four and lost the game. Still acknowledged as great team that just didn't scale the summit.

Kentucky - undefeated going into final four and lost the game. History will judge how great they were.

I don't think anyone considers that Duke team to be a great team. I think that Kentucky will be considered a great team as time passes. We shall see.

I didn't think anyone considered that UNLV team "great."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom