42k seat outdoor stadium between the Thruway, Turningstone, | Syracusefan.com

42k seat outdoor stadium between the Thruway, Turningstone,

LOL. I don't know if you're being serious or a wiseguy. I suspect the latter.

Driving by Carrier (or the land once known as Carrier). That would be a great spot for a stadium (baseball or Cuse)

And alienate the Rochester market? Bad move. Dome is fine. It's the people that aren't. Nothing was wrong with it back in the 80s and 90s. Why is it different now?

and the RV park.

Amtrack line runs right by it.
Out door anywhere in Syracuse is a mistake. Unless there are enough funds for a "retractible roof." That would be the best solution . On hot days the roof can be opened enough for the hot air to escape from the stadium. Currently the Dome traps all that heat and humidity in September and October.Open it up for a cool crisp autum day game.;)

and the RV park.

Amtrack line runs right by it.

Mobile Athletic & Sports Hosting. MASH. One game near Turning Stone. Then one game out near the Outlets west of Syracuse to get the Crapchester market reeled in. Take the show on the road to the swamps of Jersey for the third game (and every third game, so 3x/year). Come back upstate and play a game in between Corning and Watkins Glen, near the state parks and the wineries, then one at Drum so we can capture those young soldiers with nothing else to do in Watertown on the weekends. Then back to NYC. Six "home" games and the area where the Dome stands now can be converted to more student housing, a Dental School, and the Stevensen Institute for the Study of Substance Abuse and Masochistic Behaviors.

TexanMark is gonna have to move back upstate and start a charter bus tour and tailgate grilling service.

To the chagrin of my parents, my university selections were heavily influenced by college sports. I only gave a passing consideration to non-BCS schools (even for my post-graduate studies). One of the big draws of Syracuse for me was the location of the Carrier Dome. Prior to SU, I had attended one BCS school that neither the football stadium nor basketball arena was on campus and one BCS school where both were on campus. The atmosphere at the school where the sports were played on campus was head and shoulders above the off campus venues. I found this to be true at Syracuse as well (other than the whole playing football in a dome thing). In the end, had Syracuse played football and/or basketball off campus, I would have (shudder) gone to the University of Nebraska.

When it rains there won't be 25,000 that show up. Terrible idea.

LOL. I don't know if you're being serious or a wiseguy. I suspect the latter.

Why not, it's perfect.

Flat, plenty of parking, easy access.

Hell, why not build it next to the airport. Jetblue has $99 flights from boston and NYC.

That'd be totally awesome dude

Driving by Carrier (or the land once known as Carrier). That would be a great spot for a stadium (baseball or Cuse)

Already thought of that...
5664846295_6ea44b3b43_z.jpg

But there is a contingent of fans that continue to feel that the hill is still adequate for hosting football games. I am not one of them.

Tell you what. If I win the mega millions...

i like the one they use now, but dont use enough.

the one just west of NYC with the built in train station, right next to the airport, with unbelievable amounts of onsight parking.

theres a lot of suites for fundraising and multiple bars, restaurants and lounges...all with views of the action.

they need to play there at least 2x a year, maybe 3x.

Anyone who tailgated for this past season's USF game knows that an outdoor stadium won't fly in CNY.

Anyone who tailgated for this past season's USF game knows that an outdoor stadium won't fly in CNY.

unless you have tents with sides nailed down with 10 inch bolts.

This is a wonderful idea. In addition to food stamp seasons, we can encourage SU fans from far and wide to simply jump a train to get to the game. Think Grapes of Wrath hobo camp next to the stadium. Boxcar Willy replaces Otto as the team mascot.

images

images

Already thought of that...
5664846295_6ea44b3b43_z.jpg

But there is a contingent of fans that continue to feel that the hill is still adequate for hosting football games. I am not one of them.

Tell you what. If I win the mega millions...

It's still adequate, because it has to be. There is NO ALTERNATIVE. Period. End of Story.

There isn't an private/public or any combination thereof in the State of New York that is going to pay for building a limited purpose $100M+ facility in Syracuse New York.

To complain about and advocate for a new stadium is ridiculous.

I guess by the responses a dome stadium on campus is a perfect solution.

Here endth' the lesson.

It's not a world of infinite resources people, life's about tradeoffs.

Yes, because that addresses everything. Do you know suggestions/posts like these are worse than those made by people who think there are things that can be done differently? If everything SU does is such a model, I am surprised everyone else doesn't follow suit. But of course, as some have said in the past, "SU is different".

It's still adequate, because it has to be. There is NO ALTERNATIVE. Period. End of Story.

There isn't an private/public or any combination thereof in the State of New York that is going to pay for building a limited purpose $100M+ facility in Syracuse New York.

You'd be wrong about that because thought has been given to other ideas as to a football stadium and location. In fact, while I won't mention the poster in case they don't want to come forward, a poster here knows of someone that was ay one time thinking about backing such a project with a large sum of money. Was probably 4-5 years ago. So it's not an impossibility.

And BTW, if the Dome were to stay exactly where it is and we all know that you just can't tear up the hill, that is one reason why when it comes to other details that they have to think differently to appeal to a broader base. I have just never heard of any other place where there is always an excuse for everything and that people should just deal with what it is. Not a very progressive or forward thinking school or group here that we have. Not everything has to cost and arm and a leg either.

unless you have tents with sides nailed down with 10 inch bolts.
I was in one of those (minus the nails) for 1/2 of the tailgate. Better winter gear would've helped... a bit. Sitting 3+ hours in a cold, wet, windy stadium just doesn't seem that inviting when one is used to the Dome.