42k seat outdoor stadium between the Thruway, Turningstone, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

42k seat outdoor stadium between the Thruway, Turningstone,

[ I have just never heard of any other place where there is always an excuse for everything and that people should just deal with what it is. Not a very progressive or forward thinking school or group here that we have. Not everything either has to cost and arm and a leg either.[/quote]

God Forbid you dont blindly follow the Administration and certain posters on here freek out the minute anyone questions Marrone despite last years embarrassement down the stretch. The answer on here seems to be just suck it up and show up, that attitude is bleeding fans from this program.

You'd be wrong about that because thought has been given to other ideas as to a football stadium and location. In fact, while I won't mention the poster in case they don't want to come forward, a poster here knows of someone that was ay one time thinking about backing such a project with a large sum of money. Was probably 4-5 years ago. So it's not an impossibility.

Thought has been given, that's the test?

How about reality? That's a better test.

Last couple of comparable college stadiums, mind you all open air.

Univ of Minnesota, 2009 $288M, 51K Capacity
Akron, 2009, $62M, 30K
UCF, 2007, $55M, 45K
Stanford, 2006, $90M, 50K
Uconn, 2003, $92M, 40K

Of the last six covered stadiums the cheapest was Reliant at $352M (in 2002).

To replace the Carrier Dome with another covered stadium, even at less that 50K you are looking at $450M at least.

And BTW, if the Dome were to stay exactly where it is and we all know that you just can't tear up the hill, that is one reason why when it comes to other details that they have to think differently to appeal to a broader base. I have just never heard of any other place where there is always an excuse for everything and that people should just deal with what it is. Not a very progressive or forward thinking school or group here that we have. Not everything has to cost and arm and a leg either.

I'm trying to inject some reality into the mess that this place has become. I didn't say there aren't things they can't do to market the product. There are some improvements that they can make to the stadium.

But reality says there are some things that they can't.

1. There are no resources for a new stadium.
2. They can't tie up surrounding real estate for parking to benefit a couple of thousands fans less than 30 days out of 365.
3. There is no ability to replicate a Big10/SEC pre-post game environment here.

When people accept those realities, adapt, move on and make the best of it, they will be a lot happier than constantly complaining about things that aren't going to change.

Anyone who tailgated for this past season's USF game knows that an outdoor stadium won't fly in CNY.
We just closed up shop and brought our cooler to the Sheraton Garage / Elevator lobby.

Thought has been given, that's the test?

Last couple of comparable college stadiums, mind you all open air.

Uconn, 2003, $92M, 40K

I had to double-check this one. I cannot believe that place opened in 2003. It looks at least 20 years old.

I'm trying to inject some reality into the mess that this place has become. I didn't say there aren't things they can't do to market the product. There are some improvements that they can make to the stadium.

But reality says there are some things that they can't.

1. There are no resources for a new stadium.
2. They can't tie up surrounding real estate for parking to benefit a couple of thousands fans less than 30 days out of 365.
3. There is no ability to replicate a Big10/SEC pre-post game environment here.

When people accept those realities, adapt, move on and make the best of it, they will be a lot happier than constantly complaining about things that aren't going to change.

Yes. On all points.

heres an idea...

bulldoze the freakin projects.

get rid of them, send the unemployed to oswego or baldwinsville.

put a nice parking lot right below brewster and boland.

problem.

solved.

heres an idea...

problem.

solved.

Bigot. Oh Lord

heres an idea...

problem.

solved.

You better include an escalator in that budget to replace those Brewster/Boland steps.

And don't send them to Oswego until I can get my should be retired mom to Florida. Then have at it.

As long as they build the new stadium out if wood like those death trap dorms they are building, the cost shouldn't be that bad.

There isn't an private/public or any combination thereof in the State of New York that is going to pay for building a limited purpose $100M+ facility in Syracuse New York.

To complain about and advocate for a new stadium is ridiculous.

Already thought of that...
5664846295_6ea44b3b43_z.jpg

But there is a contingent of fans that continue to feel that the hill is still adequate for hosting football games. I am not one of them.

My office is right on west cardinal drive! Easy commute! About 10 feet.

I would like to point out that I have read many posts on syracuse boards by posters still posting here about how this or that will never come about because of this reason or that reason (mostly $$$ though).

And even seeing how different things are from just a decade ago they are still saying a new this or that will never happen.

Cheers,
Neil

We aren't the first University that had to deal with a tight budget. Nor will we be the last. To suggest a stadium can "never" be built is beyond short sighted.

unless you have tents with sides nailed down with 10 inch bolts.
And either way, we knew we'd be going inside soon after the tailgate. Think of that tailgate and then 3.5 more hours in that mess.

We aren't the first University that had to deal with a tight budget. Nor will we be the last. To suggest a stadium can "never" be built is beyond short sighted.
It won't be built because it's not needed. It's not the problem.

Two different arguments

You are saying it won't be built. No disagreement there. I'm saying to suggest it can never be built is shortsighted.

Two different arguments

You are saying it won't be built. No disagreement there. I'm saying to suggest it can never be built is shortsighted.
Depends on what "it" is. Of course, someday the dome will be replaced by a new stadium. It won't last forever. And hopefully, it's replaced because it's too small to hold the throng of fans who want tickets someday.

Two different arguments

Never is a long time.

SU is still playing in the Dome ten years from now though.

And if they decide to build a facility elsewhere on Campus it will be along the lines of the Rent, which means you will need to find a building for basketball as well because anybody that thinks a domed/retractable roof stadium is being built off in the middle of south campus is nuts.

Syracuse will be playing in the Dome for 50 more years.

this is all really stupid.

the players just need a state of the art practice/hang out facility.

for 4 hours at a pop, 6 or 7x a year, the Dome is perfect.

and if people arent smart enough to see that, and that the Orange will be playing there for a long time...then im sorry, theres no hope for you.

people need to cut out their ridiculous demands for a reserved parking spot right next to the Dome with a loo and a gas grill in their also reserved spot right next the 1st one.

Oh Lord

Syracuse will be playing in the Dome for 50 more years.

this is all really stupid.

the players just need a state of the art practice/hang out facility.

for 4 hours at a pop, 6 or 7x a year, the Dome is perfect.

and if people arent smart enough to see that, and that the Orange will be playing there for a long time...then im sorry, theres no hope for you.

people need to cut out their ridiculous demands for a reserved parking spot right next to the Dome with a loo and a gas grill in their also reserved spot right next the 1st one.

Oh Lord

Please overexaggerate much, who is asking for a reserved spot next to the dome? The people who actually go to the Dome for games are just looking for tailgating to be an option.

Please overexaggerate much, who is asking for a reserved spot next to the dome? The people who actually go to the Dome for games are just looking for tailgating to be an option.
where have they said they are banning tailgating??

tailgating is no longer an option??

if i missed that, then i am truely sorry.

Oh Lord

It is, and will continue to be, an option.

It is, and will continue to be, an option.

Thats all I am looking for, just want SU to keep a couple lots available to tailgate after the construction is done. The Fine or Standart lot would work just fine.

where have they said they are banning tailgating??

tailgating is no longer an option??

if i missed that, then i am truely sorry.

Oh Lord

The ultimate construction goal will wipe out all of the current tailgate lots anywhere near the Dome, those of us who have been tailgating there for years and paying the prices to do so are simply lookign for SU to keep a lot or two available thats a bit closer then Manley North or South, I dont think thats unreasonable at all.