42k seat outdoor stadium between the Thruway, Turningstone, | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

42k seat outdoor stadium between the Thruway, Turningstone,

Ok... so it won't happen soon but if they were to build a new stadium...why not at Skytop (even if they have to buy some land from the quarry) or plop it on Drumlins?

I think a good spot would be the Inner Harbor area. It's under-developed and there is plenty of land. It's got exits right off 81 and 690, and is pretty close to campus. It would be great for the city and I think a great spot, where you would have plenty of parking, and the mall just down the road.

What about part of Oakwood cemetery ? That's the perfect spot. I don't think people have been actively buried there for quite a long time, although I could be mistaken.
Change is inevitable and can't be avoided. Giving up to avoid that is the biggest mistake that can be made . As for "resources, the funds are there in. Its a matter of the people in charge to examine all avenues to put things in action. Naming rights is merely one direction. Not everyone needs to contribute millions to generate the necessary funding.Smaller donations add up quickly. We have some high end economically speaking alumni to make sizable contributions.:eek:

I think a good spot would be the Inner Harbor area. It's under-developed and there is plenty of land. It's got exits right off 81 and 690, and is pretty close to campus. It would be great for the city and I think a great spot, where you would have plenty of parking, and the mall just down the road.
Why is that better than Drumlins and/or part of (or adjacent to) Skytop? Access from 481. Still on campus.

I know you can't help but be snarky, but if you think parking around the Dome is a good experience, you haven't been paying attention. The few lots that exist are being eaten up for new buildings. They need a new parking option. If they really want people to use Manley and South Campus, they need to get the City to add 2 lanes to Comstock Ave so that the traffic can actually get you to the game in less than 45 minutes. It's ridiculous how backed up it gets if you try to park down there.

Yup this is pretty spot on the situation was never ideal but it was doable but with all the construction the few lots they have are dissapearing. I am hopeful that somehow the Fine Lot and Standart Lot will survive and mabye SU will buy up that small row of houses across from the Fine lot that could be used for buildings and or parking spaces for tailgating.

I know you can't help but be snarky, but if you think parking around the Dome is a good experience, you haven't been paying attention. The few lots that exist are being eaten up for new buildings. They need a new parking option. If they really want people to use Manley and South Campus, they need to get the City to add 2 lanes to Comstock Ave so that the traffic can actually get you to the game in less than 45 minutes. It's ridiculous how backed up it gets if you try to park down there.
cant really argue your comstock lane expansion if they are taking away spots and sending everyone to south campus.

surely they have a plan. no way will they have the Dome with no way to park for an event there.

theres 5 Lombardi's housed there.

we will lend, hell...GIVE...you the jets one, that way you philly folk can see what one looks like.

Oh Lord
Aw - - look, the Giants fans are getting defensive. Isn't that cute?

Last I checked, the Giants do, in fact, play in nj. Once upon a time there was some talk about the eagles, sixers and flyers playing in Camden. Luckily - someone had the brains to ensure that shite didn't happen.

Can you imagine? The 'Philadelphia' Flyers playing over the river in Camden, NJ. Just the mere thought of something like that is pretty disturbing.

;)

Why is that better than Drumlins and/or part of (or adjacent to) Skytop? Access from 481. Still on campus.

how much land are they willing to set aside from Drumlins, and do you think that highway access from 481 is sufficient compared to 81 and 690 access at the Inner Harbor. Tons of room for parking there, too.

Aw - - look, the Giants fans are getting defensive. Isn't that cute?

Last I checked, the Giants do, in fact, play in nj. Once upon a time there was some talk about the eagles, sixers and flyers playing in Camden. Luckily - someone had the brains to ensure that shite didn't happen.

Can you imagine? The 'Philadelphia' Flyers playing over the river in Camden, NJ. Just the mere thought of something like that is pretty disturbing.

;)
defensive? yes, the Giants have basically invented Defense on their way to 8 World Championships, including 4 SuperBowls. haters gotta hate!!

the iggs have 1 chuck bednarik hit on Gifford 50 years ago and a soup pushing puker of a qb whos now offering pot shot remarks about the redskins on espn.

the irony of discussing the lack of accessable parking and ways to get people to and from the Dome while taking a shot at why NYC plays its football in Jersey is awesome.

how much land are they willing to set aside from Drumlins, and do you think that highway access from 481 is sufficient compared to 81 and 690 access at the Inner Harbor. Tons of room for parking there, too.

If the stadium was built at Drumlins/Skytop I think losing 18 of the 36 holes would be a given. The State/Feds would definitely have to build one (preferably two) interchanges to handle the traffic. I could see access improvement from I-81 too. Other options would need to be looked at: light rail, ONtrack, etc...

There's barely enough parking at the Inner Harbor when 10,000 people show up for the Chicken Wing Festival.

I can't imagine 40,000 people down there for a football game.

There's barely enough parking at the Inner Harbor when 10,000 people show up for the Chicken Wing Festival.

Turn the lake into a parking lot. 2 problems solved.

SU has committed to maintaining 2,000 parking spaces on west campus. I believe that represents a loss of 0 spaces.

This "parking problem" is an absolute fantasy. Want to attend a football game with 40,000 people and park within three blocks? You're taken care of. Don't want to pay money or sit in your car while you and thousands of other people are trying to leave that crowded area? Park for free on the street, outside of the congested area, and walk 15 minutes to the game.

God there are a lot of whiners out there.

defensive? yes, the Giants have basically invented Defense on their way to 8 World Championships, including 4 SuperBowls. haters gotta hate!!

the iggs have 1 chuck bednarik hit on Gifford 50 years ago and a soup pushing puker of a qb whos now offering pot shot remarks about the redskins on espn.

the irony of discussing the lack of accessable parking and ways to get people to and from the Dome while taking a shot at why NYC plays its football in Jersey is awesome.

You missed the real irony, brutha..
That was when you suggested that NY's college team should play all of its home games in the swamps of nj. But I'll give you a pass. All that celebrating over these past 2+ months probably killed off a few cells.

We don't know how they would get inner harbor land they don't even own and I am not so sure about "tons of parking". At least they own Drumlins and lots of land on skytop. In addition, they might be able to buy adjacent land. And 481 is fed from 690 and the Thruway from one direction and 81 from the other. Plus, the other side of Drumlins is basically empty land so the "not in my backyard" opposition would be less especially since the parking and traffic would be improved from what it is now. If they ever build a stadium in a different spot than the dome, that's where it will go. That was one of the proposed sites for the Dome.

I'm not familiar with at area . My memory of the general area has dissipated with every passing year I can't get back there. "Inner Harbor is kind of lost on me at this time It may indeed be a great site but I can't relate at this point.

There is a ton of undeveloped land in that area that could be turned into parking lots. The full area is like a mile long, if not more.

SU has committed to maintaining 2,000 parking spaces on west campus. I believe that represents a loss of 0 spaces.

This "parking problem" is an absolute fantasy. Want to attend a football game with 40,000 people and park within three blocks? You're taken care of. Don't want to pay money or sit in your car while you and thousands of other people are trying to leave that crowded area? Park for free on the street, outside of the congested area, and walk 15 minutes to the game.

God there are a lot of whiners out there.

Neighborhood parking in the University area (east of Comstock) is limited, and subject to even/odd and towing. There are a handful of private lots down by Marshall St. that charge $15-20 to park, then you walk up the hill. The train from downtown doesn't run anymore. Skytop takes like 45-60 minutes to get from your car to your seat, which just doesn't work for a 7 PM game. Manley has very few parking spots left. It's a crappy situation. I mean, go to Giants stadium, or any professional stadium. There are acres of parking.