44 day water fast | Syracusefan.com

44 day water fast

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
So if my math isnt off, starting on Ash Wednesday I began a water fast and today would be day 44, a number that needs no mention in Syracuse lore. I'd love to think I helped in some way, no matter how small :) Sadly, I need to slowly get things back in working order which I know from previous experience and much reading takes a lot of time, and I want to be able to order a Jack in the Box "hot mess" before they are gone. Don't blame me if we lose the next game, I think I've given all I can. It's hard to fall asleep(or stay asleep more than an hour or 2) and while lying awake I am weak and think about food too much. I haven't reached the ultimate goal of "true hunger" that hardcore fasters shoot for, but I really want that jack in the box hot mess and to be able to eat with my friends on occasion, which I've come to learn is such a huge part of our culture.

****ing A, it's been a ride. It's kind of against my beliefs to even post this, but I am feeling a mix of weakness and utter jubilation and figured what the heck. I love a lot of things in life, including the Cuse, and food. The thought of 4 ounces of diluted juice every 4 hours never sounded so dang good! Go 'Cuse, juice Marquette!!!!!

Take care of yourself brother. That sounds a little extreme.

I've only known one person to go that extreme. Do NOT go right to that hot mess. It will mess you up. Ease your way back into it before you hit that.

And by the way, I appreciate your dedication and faith. Well done.

Thanks for the kind words, friends. Trust me, not trying the hot mess for at least 10-12 days. Diluted, organic, home made juice for awhile, then raw fruits and veggies, then steamed, etc.

As for why, a good part spiritual, and a good part detox. I've done similar before, so I wasn't scared this time. Few studies have been conducted in the West due to the fact there is no money to be made like there are with big pharma patents. I've read the drawn out arguments for and against, but dont worry, I'm at the finish line now(albeit a critical time). Fasting has been known to be the body's own natural doctor, as noted by the father of modern medicine, Hippocrates, who prescribed it(as did/do many others). It also helps with the mind, and Pythagoras required all of his students to fast at least 40 days before he would teach them. I don't want to get into preaching though, I just wanted to throw out some quick tidbits about something formerly commonplace which has been lost in Western culture. ...it probably helped that I had a bit of a beer gut to start with, and still have spare fuel to use for the process of ketosis if my head wished to.

The 44 thing is what got into my head all week as I did the math and the whole Indiana game thing... I guess I just got a bit giddy. I really do feel a love for humanity and a great deal of compassion right now, although at times lately my temper has also been short. Man, do I ever appreciate the small things I often overlooked though. Even this board...and having a bar in Denver where I live now that caters to a handful of schools, one of them being SU... (it also caters to IU too... but hey, it felt good going upstairs to look at them afterward... I am no saint!!!!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom