5:25 Northwestern vs Gonzaga | Syracusefan.com

5:25 Northwestern vs Gonzaga

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Gonzaga a 10 point favourite. Will another #1 seed go down?

Nothing would make me happier then to see the Zags flame out.

My irrational hatred for them and their free pass to a high seed in the WCC is on another level.

Gonzaga has much better athleticism this year than ever before. This is a very different team than what we're used to seeing from them.

Northwestern and Wisconsin on the same line. LOL
Great job committee.

This is easy money for Gonzaga. NW is a plucky team but they are the worst 8-9 seed winner by far.

Gonzaga-WVU will be a great game.

Northwestern twitter is ridiculous. They are forcing to me to root for Gonzaga.

NW doesn't even look like they belong in the tournament. Why did that kid from Vandy have to foul, ugh.

Wow refs are in gonzaga's pocket. Come on !!!

What makes you say that? Gonzaga is better than NW by at least an order of magnitude, and they're showing it. :noidea:

NW is going to have to figure out how to make a wide open shot if they want to make this a game.

Is it me or is Lappas annoying/terrible as an announcer? Never liked him as a coach either.

Villanova beats Northwestern by 20+ points.
C6wWnxhWsAE_-QM

How did #1 get #29 LOL
And
# 4 got #32

Villanova beats Northwestern by 20+ points.
C6wWnxhWsAE_-QM

How did #1 get #29 LOL
And
# 4 got #32

The s-curve concept no longer exists anymore in terms of bracketing. It's all about location. They did the bracket correctly in this situation.

The new procedures state that you go down line by line, and the highest ranked team on that line gets first dibs on location. So after you have done the top seven lines, and you get down to the 8 line. Wisconsin at #29, gets "first dibs" to choose between playing at Buffalo, Salt Lake City, Grenville or Tulsa. They would the be placed in Buffalo unless their is a bracket issue.

Miami would "choose" Greenville, but with an ACC team at #1 looming in the second round, they were moved to the next closest location in Tulsa. Next up is Arkansas who went to Greenville. That left Northwestern and they took all that was left in Salt Lake City. So the process was followed correctly.

I have very little problem with this approach given that typically there should be very little difference between teams 29 and 32. The issue is that Wisconsin was placed at 29. If you had Dayton at #29 we would have had the same matchups, but Villanova would have been treated more fairly.

The real issue is Wisconsin was way too low on the S curve.

Exactly - but it's now too low on the "seed list" and not too low on "s-curve". I blame a lazy committee who did not want to waste time on contingencies. There was no way they could not build 4 contingencies on the last day (URI winning / losing, Michigan / Wiscy final)

The s-curve concept no longer exists anymore in terms of bracketing. It's all about location. They did the bracket correctly in this situation.

The new procedures state that you go down line by line, and the highest ranked team on that line gets first dibs on location. So after you have done the top seven lines, and you get down to the 8 line. Wisconsin at #29, gets "first dibs" to choose between playing at Buffalo, Salt Lake City, Grenville or Tulsa. They would the be placed in Buffalo unless their is a bracket issue.

Miami would "choose" Greenville, but with an ACC team at #1 looming in the second round, they were moved to the next closest location in Tulsa. Next up is Arkansas who went to Greenville. That left Northwestern and they took all that was left in Salt Lake City. So the process was followed correctly.

I have very little problem with this approach given that typically there should be very little difference between teams 29 and 32. The issue is that Wisconsin was placed at 29. If you had Dayton at #29 we would have had the same matchups, but Villanova would have been treated more fairly.
I get it. I just hate how we are doing this stuff for 8 seeds. I think 1-4 seeds fine keep them close to home. After the top 16. Follow a natural S-Curve so you have balance.

5-13 seeds shouldn't be given prefered location unless its natural.

If Wisconsin plays Duke in the regional final kenpom would only have Duke as about a 1.5 point favorite.

These announcers might as well be dancing with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and holding purple pompoms.

Northwestern twitter is ridiculous. They are forcing to me to root for Gonzaga.

Yup. Exactly. The Darren Rovells and Mike Greenberg's of the world have forced me to root for the Zags. I'll have to settle for the the Zags flaming out in the sweet sixteen again.

Yup. Exactly. The Darren Rovells and Mike Greenberg's of the world have forced me to root for the Zags. I'll have to settle for the the Zags flaming out in the sweet sixteen again.

Read that Mike Greenberg whined about one and dones in his pregame speech. Go Zags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom