5:25 Northwestern vs Gonzaga | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

5:25 Northwestern vs Gonzaga

I get it. I just hate how we are doing this stuff for 8 seeds. I think 1-4 seeds fine keep them close to home. After the top 16. Follow a natural S-Curve so you have balance.

5-13 seeds shouldn't be given prefered location unless its natural.

I agree. But we probably don't even notice if Dayton is #29.

But here is an example of where it get's silly. Say St. Bonnie's was an 8 seed level team this year

If it was ranked #29 it would play in Buffalo
If it was ranked #32 it would likely play in Salt Lake City, and no special effort would be made to get Buffalo.

It's arbitrary -- the best spots to be are #17, #21, #25, #29, #33. The first spot on the line.

I agree. But we probably don't even notice if Dayton is #29.

But here is an example of where it get's silly. Say St. Bonnie's was an 8 seed level team this year

If it was ranked #29 it would play in Buffalo
If it was ranked #32 it would likely play in Salt Lake City, and no special effort would be made to get Buffalo.

It's arbitrary -- the best spots to be are #17, #21, #25, #29, #33. The first spot on the line.
Which is stupid IMO. 17 shouldn't be rewarded over 16.

Take care of the top 10 I get it. After that seed it naturally. If St. Bonnie's ended up in Buffalo they got it because that is where they fell in the S Curve with a 1 seed who prefers Buffalo.

Haven't seen more than one gonzaga game this year, but would it be safe to assume that out of the 35 games they've played all year, that this is their toughest so far?

See...the announcers whined when a Gonzaga kid does the "shhh" and they're silent when Lumpkin smells his fingers Perrantes style.

I can't root for NW. I really hate my Twitter feed now it would be worse if they won. I am hoping they get Temple of Doomed with a bad call late.

Gonzaga are frauds though.

Northwestern making it a game.

Within 5.

Great comeback right now by NWestern. Can they pull off a comeback like another team did against them last year on a Friday night. I can't remember who that team was, can anyone help me out.

I can't root for NW. I really hate my Twitter feed now it would be worse if they won. I am hoping they get Temple of Doomed with a bad call late.

Gonzaga are frauds though.

The two mid major 1 seeds are exposed by middle of the road big 10 teams.

And Mark Few might be the most overrated coach in the country.

Good job Cowtown err ref you T'd up Chris Collins.

Good job ref. Great call. Shut up these NW clowns.

Ugh... I hate basketball games where refs play such a huge role in the outcome. Should be a 4 point game.

True but refs shouldn't be allowed to T people up because they missed a call.

Refs may have handed the game to Gonzaga.
I agree it was a terrible call but he ran out onto the court in the official face. The three assistants had to grab him. No way you can't call that.

Another year, another tourney of just hideous officials.

It's just hard to care when everything is just random. Peaked with the Cooney steal last year
It's just so tough to watch when there's at least 4-5 games per year in the tourney directly affected by an officiating mistake. Even more tough to watch when it's compounded by tee'ing people up because of your mistake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom