5-7 Bowl Teams | Syracusefan.com

5-7 Bowl Teams

blue&orange

Scout Team
It appears that 1-3 bowl slots may open for 5-7 teams this season. College Football News referenced us a possibility as one of those teams with a high GSR. It’ll depend on the bubble teams upcoming performances. If a team or two sit out bowl season due to coaching change (VTech) or Covid then we probably see a bowl game regardless. CBS Jerry Palm projects 3 teams at 5-7 include Missouri who is behind us in GSR lol.

nofkGX.gif

It appears that 1-3 bowl slots may open for 5-7 teams this season. College Football News referenced us a possibility as one of those teams with a high GSR. It’ll depend on the bubble teams upcoming performances. If a team or two sit out bowl season due to coaching change (VTech) or Covid then we probably see a bowl game regardless. CBS Jerry Palm projects 3 teams at 5-7 include Missouri who is behind us in GSR lol.
Bubble teams? This isn't the BB forum. ;)

Our APR is not very good. If there are only 3 slots for 5-7 teams, I do not think we would get one of them.

Our APR is not very good. If there are only 3 slots for 5-7 teams, I do not think we would get one of them.
What does APR stand for? Sorry I don’t know what it means, is it similar to SOS?

It depends. Our overall football GSR is pretty high. The overall institution score is more average not sure which is used. Syracuse.com just published an article about where we’d be. We’d probably be 4th or 5th of the 5-7 teams and probably about 3 or so will be needed so an opt out may help.

Once the playoff is expanded and 90% of the Bowl Games go away this stuff won't happen anymore. No 5-7 team should go to a Bowl. But if SU can go to one at 5-7 this year, hell yeah let's go!

Weren't the bowls supposed to go away when we expanded to 4? or was that the BCS?

The bowls have proven to like tardigrades: they can survive anything. it doesn't have to make any sense. Heck, it never made any sense for most of them to exist anyway.

Honestly, I don’t want us getting a bowl with a losing record. There is not a bowl out there that I wouldn’t be happy to be a part of, but not with a losing record.
I selfishly……….do. SU game over Christmas.

Agreed -- we have an opportunity in front of us. Need to capitalize, even though both opponents are tough.

Simple as that.

Win, and we're in.
I've been saying for a while, we owe Pitt a crushing loss. After they beat us in 2018, they are owed a loss that puts a ding on their best season in 20 years. We were the far better team, but played so sloppy to let that win slip away.

Weren't the bowls supposed to go away when we expanded to 4? or was that the BCS?

The bowls have proven to like tardigrades: they can survive anything. it doesn't have to make any sense. Heck, it never made any sense for most of them to exist anyway.

Tardigrades are kinda bad-ass. Will be on this planet long after humans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom