$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little

I believe it’s in Barnes

Edit: yup
I was just going to post that link. You were right :)

New locker rooms at the Michigan State football facility, which oddly enough, the primary donor asked be named after Tom Izzo.

New locker rooms at the Michigan State football facility, which oddly enough, the primary donor asked be named after Tom Izzo.

Ugly colors. A throne in a locker doesn't make much sense to me.

I think you get dressed and undressed there. What is the chair for? If you are really fat and struggling to get your pants on, you can sit down and rest for a while?

If they are going with the 85 kings in a room theme, I think each locker should also come with a gold crown, a ruby ring, an ivory sceptre, an ermine stole and a turkey drumstick.

I am happy they are happy and continue to be impressed with the ways these programs waste money.

Kingtupoucropped.jpg

Before Tony Elliott would agree to become the new UVa HC, he wisely negotiated with UVa officails to get them to agree to improve the facilities. The biggest issue was the lack of a football operations center

Theirs is almost fully built now. Believe it was supposed to open in December. Might have been pushed out a few months. Believe that makes us the only school in the ACC without a football operations center.

With a renovated dome, a new IPF and a football operations center, pretty soon Dino will finally have a level playing field for recruiting. Major props to John Wildhack for campaigning for this so hard. Props also to the chancellor, the board of trustees and all the major donors who have stepped up to make this happen.

Still more money needs to be raised but remarkable progress has been made. A lot of people I have talked to never thought some of this stuff was going to get done.

This is a great day for SU football and SU athletics in general.

Included is a subtle shot at another former "donor"
Very nice letter from Mr. Lally. He really puts things in perspective. We all want to win more. But you have to start somewhere and build it up. And just putting a shovel in the ground won't change things today. But perhaps we look back 20 years from now and say the Lally Complex was the beginning of the turnaround. We just have to be a bit patient...ugh.