$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little

Legends or collective. Decisions decisions.
This is the unintended consequence and problem with NIL.

A lot of private schools are going to get hit with this situation. It will impact giving and, in turn, could impact facility upgrades and such.

Question for the group - does SU require individual programs to fundraise for operating dollars? I know a lot of private schools who do this.

I can't be the only disrespectable SOB here who was thinking of this guy:

Attachments

• 2022-06-28_10-46-26.png
    2022-06-28_10-46-26.png
    261.8 KB · Views: 72
This is the unintended consequence and problem with NIL.

A lot of private schools are going to get hit with this situation. It will impact giving and, in turn, could impact facility upgrades and such.

Question for the group - does SU require individual programs to fundraise for operating dollars? I know a lot of private schools who do this.
Syracuse frankly can't compete with the top schools with sugar daddy's offering recruiting inducements to sign. So what does that mean for SU?

I think going forward the whales we have need to continue donating to improve facilities. We will still be a developmental program. However, awesome facilities can be the difference in getting a 3 star or 4 star guy. The only way we'll get a 5 star is: disgruntled 5 star at power school transferring to be closer to home.

What Ruiz is doing down at Miami is antithetical to the collegiate model and I see it will cause lots of team issues.

Mike Paulus seems to be doing an amazing job fundraising for this project. I had a feeling he was going to be a home run hire for the position.

I understand that they are trying to build a facility for all student athletes to share, I just wish they built the football facilities next to the IPF and practice fields. All other football facilities are built around their IPF/Practice fields. Now where this facility is being built it’s even a farther walk to the IPF than it currently is.

Mike Paulus seems to be doing an amazing job fundraising for this project. I had a feeling he was going to be a home run hire for the position.

I understand that they are trying to build a facility for all student athletes to share, I just wish they built the football facilities next to the IPF and practice fields. All other football facilities are built around their IPF/Practice fields. Now where this facility is being built it’s even a farther walk to the IPF than it currently is.
Mike is a professional fund raiser. It is wonderful to have dedicated alumni in the organization but someone with proven experience and expertise adds a completely different perspective. Home run hire.

And I have heard that there are at least two major 7 figure plus donations including naming rights just around the corner.

Mike is a professional fund raiser. It is wonderful to have dedicated alumni in the organization but someone with proven experience and expertise adds a completely different perspective. Home run hire.

And I have heard that there are at least two major 7 figure plus donations including naming rights just around the corner.
That’s amazing to hear!

I played basketball and then worked with 2 of his older brothers and both were extremely smart and very successful. I figured if he got this job he would be equally as successful so it’s amazing to have someone like Mike fundraising at Syracuse!

Agreed - Mike is really, really good at this.

They need to build a tunnel or covered walkway to the IPF.

This is awesome. At the game Saturday, I saw a video on the scoreboard. It was about a new foundation that had the name of a former SU football player. Not Lally. And it listed the members of the foundation.

There were about 25 names. It was only shown briefly, but they all looked like other former players. I know one was Rich Roche. Most of them were from the 1970s and 1980s I think.

I think some of the former players have set up a foundation. Maybe to raise more money for facilities. Probably to raise money for NIL to help recruiting.

Was it the Rob Konrad Foundation?

Who knows more on this?

Last edited:
Would also like to know where we stand in the $150M fundraising initiative - is there some sort of dashboard available? Would be great to see the progress.