$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

$5 Million Gift to Lally Athletics Complex Honors Floyd Little

I don't think this is it.

The foundation I am talking about was named after a former SU football player. It was not Athletes Who Care. 99.9% sure all the members were former SU football players.

There were about 25 names listed.

It might have been the Rob Konrad Foundation.

Really surprised they would put the video up on the big scoreboard and not release anything on this. I have googled it and not found anything yet.

Spelling and grammar aside, it does seem like we're fundraising and engaging football alums at a level that we haven't had before. Seems like Mike Paulus is working really hard.
There's a whole team with Mike doing this. Met with some of them recently. The sad reality is before Wildhack, none of this engagement happened. They weren't set up to do it. They were decades behind other schools. Big time donors were never even asked -- it was just transactional and never about building connections and doing everything required in fundraising.

JW has had to clean up a lot of messes, and this is a big one. The team (Mike included) is doing a great job and big donations like this are massive. But they've also added a ton new members to the Legends Society too.

I loved the video they showed of the Lally complex during the game on Saturday. I hadn't seen / noticed it before and it was awesome. The Lally complex is JW's vision and baby, and it's really wonderful what it will do for the entire athletic population at Syracuse.

I have a hunch who this is -- just completely guessing but putting together some pieces and what I've heard, it makes sense. And I get why they want to be anonymous. But in either case, it's a huge testament to the work that JW and his team have done at rebuilding some very important relationships that Gross badly damaged. They deserve tons of kudos for this and all the work they're doing. Can't stress enough how important this is to the future of the AD.

I have a hunch who this is -- just completely guessing but putting together some pieces and what I've heard, it makes sense. And I get why they want to be anonymous. But in either case, it's a huge testament to the work that JW and his team have done at rebuilding some very important relationships that Gross badly damaged. They deserve tons of kudos for this and all the work they're doing. Can't stress enough how important this is to the future of the AD.

Yuppp, if we’re thinking the same person, makes sense that it’s very anonymous…

Think it might even spur some more donations soon

We might be entering the golden age of Cuse Football

Boom, absolutely amazing job by this crew. Really phenomenal stuff. And a big thank you to the Jones brothers for their continued support of SU Athletics. They've set a great example -- hard working NY brothers who busted their ass and have been rewarded because of it. I overlapped with Art a bit from time on Hill and he's just an outstanding guy. I'm glad he shares top billing on this despite not equaling the career earnings of his little bro.

Does Art still live in Syracuse? I used to see him around a decent amount.

Is Mike Paulus the driving source for this resurgence of support from former athletes? Great job.