5 reasons to be in the Dome Saturday Night. | Syracusefan.com

5 reasons to be in the Dome Saturday Night.

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
1 Obviously, Sean Tucker, players like him don’t come around very often. Worth the price of admission by himself.
2. Wax Jones Thompson one of the best trio of linebackers we have ever had here.
3. Duce Williams (see # 2 )
4. It’s a Saturday night with a crucial opener.
5. It’s Air conditioned and we have the other bells and whistles.
6. It’s cheap as hell if you compare to other sporting events and or other FBS programs tickets.
7. Garrett Shrader, He has grit and something tells me he is going to have a big year
8. It’s going to be loud . Be part of it
( note, I realize I’m preaching to the choir here but had to say it anyway ) was that 5 ….that’s # 9 I couldn’t do it with just 5.

Last edited:
1 Obviously, Sean Tucker, players like him don’t come around very often. Worth the price of admission by himself.
2. Wax Jones Thompson one of the best trio of linebackers we have ever had here.
6. It’s cheap as hell if you compare to other sporting events and or other FBS programs tickets.
7. Garrett Shrader, He has grit and something tells me he is going to have a big year
( note, I realize I’m preaching to the choir here but had to say it anyway ) was that 5 ….that’s # 9 I couldn’t do it with just 5.

10. Pawn Stars is a rerun.

I'm hoping the LB's live up to that. At one point we had Bulluck and Greenwood on the same team who were 1st and 3rd round draft picks. If these guys can surpass that, that would be pretty sick.

Incidentally I looked up Bullucks stats. How can you be a three time allpro and only a one time probowler?

I'm hoping the LB's live up to that. At one point we had Bulluck and Greenwood on the same team who were 1st and 3rd round draft picks. If these guys can surpass that, that would be pretty sick.

Incidentally I looked up Bullucks stats. How can you be a three time allpro and only a one time probowler?
Because the pro bowl a joke.

And Kevin Mitchell/Dan Conley were formidable.

Smith/Hogue was also no joke.
All the duo’s mentioned were excellent, I don’t remember having 3 that if things break right could end up somewhere on All Conference teams be it 1,2,or 3 team. Winning could push that.

12. The fair is still feeling the effects of COVID and isn’t the same juggernaut it was 3 years ago. Save your money for the Dome Saturday night.

All the duo’s mentioned were excellent, I don’t remember having 3 that if things break right could end up somewhere on All Conference teams be it 1,2,or 3 team. Winning could push that.

The 1997 group of Bulluck (soph), Greenwood(freshman), and Ponds (senior) would probably be the best trio that I can think of to date.

The 1997 group of Bulluck (soph), Greenwood(freshman), and Ponds (senior) would probably be the best trio that I can think of to date.
Agree. Bulluck obviously went on to the best pro career, but Ponds was really really good until he hurt his knee.

Who was the 3rd one in '99 when Bulluck was a senior? He was a stud that year.

Did they both play LB at the same time? I thought Mitchell was at NG while Conley played LB and moved to LB his senior year when Conley was hurt or had graduated.
Don't think Kevin Mitchell was ever listed as a lb, until he got to the 49ers.

13. Those leaves won’t need raking for another month.
14. Yes, and use your lawn mower and mulch the leaves, us old guys need to save our backs.

Ok, foggy memories that far back. Still picture him as both hands in the ground lineman.
Yeah, he dominated the Fiesta Bowl as a junior in the middle of the line. I think he won defensive MVP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom