5 reasons to be in the Dome Saturday Night. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

5 reasons to be in the Dome Saturday Night.

I think JR Johnson? Though that may have been 2000?
I don't think he got on the field much at LB and am certain he was never a starter. Probably the best gunner ever though. A physical freak. Too bad he never got the mental part down.

Was Clifton Smith the third guy? It looks like he was third in tackles among LBs. A great old school style big LB. If he was the third guy in 1999, that was a great corp even though he was only a freshman and didn't end up being drafted.

Did they both play LB at the same time? I thought Mitchell was at NG while Conley played LB and moved to LB his senior year when Conley was hurt or had graduated.
Good call. Just remember those beasts around the team at same time. Conley was incredible. Bruschi like instincts if he stayed healthy.

Good call. Just remember those beasts around the team at same time. Conley was incredible. Bruschi like instincts if he stayed healthy.
Yeah, a total what might've been story. I love that he cam back a coached for a while.

Glen Young was the other stud linebacker with Conley.
I think they only play one season together They overlapped but played little together because Young was older. I think they only played together when Conley was a Freshman in 1990. Young was a senior in 1991 which I think was the year Conley tore up his knee in the opening game.

1 Obviously, Sean Tucker, players like him don’t come around very often. Worth the price of admission by himself.
2. Wax Jones Thompson one of the best trio of linebackers we have ever had here.
3. Duce Williams (see # 2 )
4. It’s a Saturday night with a crucial opener.
5. It’s Air conditioned and we have the other bells and whistles.
6. It’s cheap as hell if you compare to other sporting events and or other FBS programs tickets.
7. Garrett Shrader, He has grit and something tells me he is going to have a big year
8. It’s going to be loud . Be part of it
( note, I realize I’m preaching to the choir here but had to say it anyway ) was that 5 ….that’s # 9 I couldn’t do it with just 5.
Ok, I’ll be there. :)

If you’re a Syracuse fan, you can’t miss this game.

Everyone needs to be in the Dome.

It’s going to be the start of something great!
If everyone is at the JMA Wireless 5G for everyone Dome, won't the fire Marshall's close it down?

I think they only play one season together They overlapped but played little together because Young was older. I think they only played together when Conley was a Freshman in 1990. Young was a senior in 1991 which I think was the year Conley tore up his knee in the opening game.
Young was a senior on the 92 team when Conley returned from his injury.

14. Yes, and use your lawn mower and mulch the leaves, us old guys need to save our backs.
That doesn’t work that well when your entire lawn is 6 inches deep in leaves.

Young was a senior on the 92 team when Conley returned from his injury.

Young and Conley were the ILB starters in 91 and 92 (maybe even '90?). Conley's injury happened in 93, and since Mitchell had been moved to NT, there were no other game ready ILBs, rough year against the run.

Conley came back in 94 for his sixth year.

Young and Conley were the ILB starters in 91 and 92 (maybe even '90?). Conley's injury happened in 93, and since Mitchell had been moved to NT, there were no other game ready ILBs, rough year against the run.

Conley came back in 94 for his sixth year.
His first injury was prior to '93. It was the first game of '91, I think.

If Phish wasn't playing 4 nights in Colorado this weekend for the annual run, I'd maybe be there.

6E690CF5-7C3B-423A-A49D-1CF956B03992.jpeg

1 Obviously, Sean Tucker, players like him don’t come around very often. Worth the price of admission by himself.
2. Wax Jones Thompson one of the best trio of linebackers we have ever had here.
3. Duce Williams (see # 2 )
4. It’s a Saturday night with a crucial opener.
5. It’s Air conditioned and we have the other bells and whistles.
6. It’s cheap as hell if you compare to other sporting events and or other FBS programs tickets.
7. Garrett Shrader, He has grit and something tells me he is going to have a big year
8. It’s going to be loud . Be part of it
( note, I realize I’m preaching to the choir here but had to say it anyway ) was that 5 ….that’s # 9 I couldn’t do it with just 5.
The first game is critical I think. We need a good start and all of the reasons above provide motivation. Sadly, I think I’ll get to one game at the dome this year and chose Louisville because we need a good start to go bowling.

I just completed the first leg of my journey and sit in the great hall of Chicago’s Union Station waiting for the train that will take me to Syracuse. I left Trinidad, Colorado at 5:40 pm yesterday and will get to Syracuse about noon tomorrow. I don’t need more reasons now. I’m psyched. LGO!!

His first injury was prior to '93. It was the first game of '91, I think.

Are you telling me I don't remember my freshman year??? ('91)

Don't answer that. It's rhetorical. I really don't remember much.

Are you telling me I don't remember my freshman year??? ('91)

Don't answer that. It's rhetorical. I really don't remember much.
Maybe. Or it may have been 1990. I just remember it was early in my fanhood. I remember reading all the hype because of his phenominal freshman year and then being crazy disappointed when he went down. I believe Chip Todd was his replacement that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom