61 of ESPN Top 100 Gone | Syracusefan.com

61 of ESPN Top 100 Gone

arbitragegls

All Conference
...and several committed after visit to college/university recently. I am not concerned as yet, but wondering why Louisville, NCState, URI, and others are picking up Top 100 ranked players shortly after a visit. Doesn't seem to be the same with 'Cuse this year. There is always cup half filled vs. half empty; but if all the top candidates we are going after continue to wait, the cupboard may just be empty after Ennis...so Francis, Jake, etc...what is really going on...who is coming for sure or reasonably sure...if no one is at this commit point, should we not be going after some others to fill the class...or are we good to go into chasing class of '14?

...and several committed after visit to college/university recently. I am not concerned as yet, but wondering why Louisville, NCState, URI, and others are picking up Top 100 ranked players shortly after a visit. Doesn't seem to be the same with 'Cuse this year. There is always cup half filled vs. half empty; but if all the top candidates we are going after continue to wait, the cupboard may just be empty after Ennis...so Francis, Jake, etc...what is really going on...who is coming for sure or reasonably sure...if no one is at this commit point, should we not be going after some others to fill the class...or are we good to go into chasing class of '14?

If none of the guys we are after are committing to other schools why are you concerned? We are recruiting multiple guys at the same spot so until some of them start to commit I don't care what the rest of the country does.

Now Arb I know you are not a glass half empty kinda person. Think that at this time there are still 39 still left ... and all of the ones that SU are recruiting!!

Now Arb I know you are not a glass half empty kinda person. Think that at this time there are still 39 still left ... and all of the ones that SU are recruiting!!
good response...thanks...guess with the Notre Dame stuff done and the way the football team is playing I need something to hang on to beside a Jack and coke...just saying.

good response...thanks...guess with the Notre Dame stuff done and the way the football team is playing I need something to hang on to beside a Jack and coke...just saying.
Arb - I think you need to look at SU's roster for the next 2 years - it is stacked. The '13-'14 squad has NC potential as currently constructed. MCW, Whitehot, with a front line of CJ, Rak, and DC2 with backups Ennis, MG, Grant and BMK.

Any '13 recruit we get will probably need the mindset of waiting a year for significant minutes (ie Grant this year to take over Dirtys spot). That is not an easy sell for these top 50 recruits. If the non-UK commit between Roberson or Lawrence takes the CJ apprenticeship, SU will be setting a solid foundation for the '14 campaign. Getting Obokoh would be great for the whole depth building thing. And a another ball handler would be nice. We're nitpicking now though. We're getting nervous about continuing the dynasty through 2014. The staff now has the luxury of showing patience to get the right fit. All these commits pale in comparsion to the need we just filled.

I think you have let the Ennis commitment high leave too quickly. He was, by far, the biggest need. Odds are the '13 squad is flirting with 30, with or without MCW. Should make for a 5 year stretch of averaging near 30 per - not too shabby. We are in the midst of the Golden Age of SU Bball. At some point you should recognize and enjoy this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom