6th foul | Syracusefan.com

6th foul

tino

Scout Team
Basketball needs to go to a 6th foul. Im sick of the touch fouls and no one knows why, who fouled . It is slowing down the game and causing officials to change a game when ever they want to . It is ridiculous to see players having 4 /5 fouls early in these games. Changes everything and the ACC officials are clearly guilty of this. It does not make the game enjoyable to watch, because I get too pissed off ...Go to a 6th

Basketball needs to go to a 6th foul. Im sick of the touch fouls and no one knows why, who fouled . It is slowing down the game and causing officials to change a game when ever they want to . It is ridiculous to see players having 4 /5 fouls early in these games. Changes everything and the ACC officials are clearly guilty of this. It does not make the game enjoyable to watch, because I get too pissed off ...Go to a 6th

I disagree. Players getting into foul difficulty is just the symptom of the actual problem--which is that the college game is poorly officiated, with lots of variation in terms of what is allowed and how games are called.

You don't address the symptom, you address the problem. Also, if you think that some games are allowed to devolve into scrums now and / or are hampered by quick whistles, just imagine what would happen if coaches like Jamie Dixon got the insurance policy of a 6th foul to use.

I disagree. Players getting into foul difficulty is just the symptom of the actual problem--which is that the college game is poorly officiated, with lots of variation in terms of what is allowed and how games are called.

You don't address the symptom, you address the problem. Also, if you think that some games are allowed to devolve into scrums now and / or are hampered by quick whistles, just imagine what would happen if coaches like Jamie Dixon got the insurance policy of a 6th foul to use.

good point but a touch is all it is a touch, any other sport, you can touch, except baseball where they dont come close at all

I disagree. Players aren't fouling out any more than they used to. It's always been a part of the game in order to keep the game flowing. Touch fouls have also always been a part of the game. The problem is lack of consistency in foul-calling nowadays. Most referees let a lot of contact go throughout a game and then call the occasional touch fouls.

Giving players more fouls won't change anything for the better. In fact, it will help lesser-skilled defenders stay in a game as well as allow teams like Louisville and Pitt, who use very physical defensive schemes, to be even more physical without any major repercussions.

good point but a touch is all it is a touch, any other sport, you can touch, except baseball where they dont come close at all

Right. So clean up the way that those calls are officiated. Address the actual problem, not just a symptom of the problem [players being in foul trouble].

I do not want to see us go to 6 fouls. College hoops games are only 40 minutes, 5 fouls is plenty. Now I agree something needs to be done about incompetent referees, but adding fouls won't help them.

Plus, they go to 6 fouls, and JB will play 5 guys, maybe every few years we'll go 6 deep.

I think they should go to a charge, forearm pushoff, dip the sholder, or illegal screen, whatever on offense is just a turnover not a foul. 5 defensive fouls is fair. Not sure what I would do with over the backs on rebounds.

If you got a player who plays hard on both ends of the floor and he gets 2 offensive fouls thats going to take him out of the game.

Anyone else like that idea?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom