9:00 Wednesday Night - | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

9:00 Wednesday Night -

FFS Pitino gets a technical. Treating the refs as nicely as a restaurant table.

Wow, that block my Mahmoud may be a total momentum turner.

Mark the moment - Wake Forest could have taken a 57-47 lead with minutes... guy thought he had an easy layup and Mahmoud caught him. Lead stayed at 8,

Or maybe not ... Wake hits a step back 3 to take an 11 point lead.

Having a guy like Collins who can score inside against a team like Louisville is huge. Really good player.

Wake has ONE top 50 win. If they win tonight, there's no way they should be ahead of us.

Potentially all 4 results we did not want could happen based on current scores. Wake up 5 ... yikes. I remember them being down by 14.

Although one could argue that Xavier is more vulnerable moving forward than Marquette, so we are getting the better result. What a mess they are, down double digits at home against Marquette. And this is a serious blow to TCU -- even Palm will have to take him off his bracket.

Agree, after the injuries hit them, Xavier is terrible now. This not only makes 6 straight losses for them, but that 1 win that was 3 1/2 weeks ago was against DePaul ! You need to go back a full month for their last legitimate win vs Creighton. Fortunately (for them) they get DePaul next so will be able to stop their losing streak. Hopefully the committee knows better than to put them in the Dance.

Wake has ONE top 50 win. If they win tonight, there's no way they should be ahead of us.

They have also only played 4 top 50 games at home versus our 7 games. It really depends on how the committee tries to compare apples and oranges, Two teams in the same conference, yet the schedules are so different. Just not sure how they will try to equalize things.

The teams have 3 common top 50 opponents at home - Miami, Duke, Louisville. Both will be 2-1.

TCU is getting back into it against Kansas St (down 1), although that is close to a draw in terms of advantage who wins. In that case I always prefer the home team to win.

I don't think wake winning would hurt all that much, to be honest I don't think they are close, and if they lose a couple games, it might cost us a top 50 win.

Agree, after the injuries hit them, Xavier is terrible now. This not only makes 6 straight losses for them, but that 1 win that was 3 1/2 weeks ago was against DePaul ! You need to go back a full month for their last legitimate win vs Creighton. Fortunately (for them) they get DePaul next so will be able to stop their losing streak. Hopefully the committee knows better than to put them in the Dance.

I think they could lose at Depaul. I think it might be best for us to have them playing somebody really bad at this point, as they need a really good knock down game.

Illinois up 1... down to the last minute.

Illinois up 2, 20 seconds to go, Michigan St ball.

Michigan St down 3, 3 seconds to go.

Illinois has to foul here. If they don't they are idiots.

Crap -- Wake up 9,