9:00 Wednesday Night - | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

9:00 Wednesday Night -

I will pose the same question to you, what does Wake need to do to get in?
If they were to win at V.Tech they're probably in - Lunardi, for example, already has them in after beating l'vlle tonight - I happen to believe that's premature but I do think one more good win for them (a road win vs a top 50 team) would do it

Let's welcome all opinions. If you don't agree just state why.

(I know I am a bit of hypocrite in stating this because my dick factor can be high at times when discussing the tourney)

Let's welcome all opinions. If you don't agree just state why.

(I know I am a bit of hypocrite in stating this because my dick factor can be high at times on this matter)
right on, I concede that I get a little worked up

I will pose the same question to you, what does Wake need to do to get in?

Win at Virginia Tech and I think they get in. If they lose that one, but win one Top 50 game in the ACC tourney, I think they get in as well.

If they were to win at V.Tech they're probably in - Lunardi, for example, already has them in after beating l'vlle tonight - I happen to believe that's premature but I do think one more good win for them (a road win vs a top 50 team) would do it

I agree, he has them in at the moment, lets say they don't win this weekend,they are probably going to get Bc in the first round of the acct, obviously a must win, and does nothing for their resume, they are going to have to win their next game, so how is my statement that crazy?

Win at Virginia Tech and I think they get in. If they lose that one, but win one Top 50 game in the ACC tourney, I think they get in as well.

If they are the 10 seed, which is looking pretty likely, they have to beat whoever is the 7 seed.

I agree, he has them in at the moment, lets say they don't win this weekend,they are probably going to get Bc in the first round of the acct, obviously a must win, and does nothing for their resume, they are going to have to win their next game, so how is my statement that crazy?

BC is the bane for anybody in the ACC tourney.

You are right -- that game does nothing for your resume if you win. And worse case you lose, and best case you still get tired with no day off for the next game.

but just a few posts above you were asking how they're even in the conversation... I do agree with you that if they lose at VT and enter the acct as the 10 they will need 2 wins in Brooklyn

Bubble update (11:15p, ET). LAST FOUR IN: Xavier, Cal, USC, Wake Forest. FIRST FOUR OUT: Vandy, Ga Tech, Rhode Island, K-State.

Cal and Vandy have no argument of being in IMO. A 14-loss SEC team needs to win the Tounrey. Guess the win at Florida is enough to keep them in it. Cal's resume looks like one of a mid-major. Best W is over fellow bubble USC.

but just a few posts above you were asking how they're even in the conversation... I do agree with you that if they lose at VT and enter the acct as the 10 they will need 2 wins in Brooklyn

I don't think they are right now. Keep in mind, if they win two in Brooklyn, one would be against a top 50 team, that might do it.

I don't think they are right now. Keep in mind, if they win two in Brooklyn, one would be against a top 50 team, that might do it.
you don't think being amongst a group of teams that are right on the bubble cutline is "in the conversation"? thus, a big (top-10) win be one of those teams makes them front-and-center in the conversation

you don't think being amongst a group of teams that are right on the bubble cutline is "in the conversation"? thus, a big (top-10) win be one of those teams makes them front-and-center in the conversation

I should rephrase my prior statement, they are probably in the discussion, they aren't near the cutline.

Cal and Vandy have no argument of being in IMO. A 14-loss SEC team needs to win the Tounrey. Guess the win at Florida is enough to keep them in it. Cal's resume looks like one of a mid-major. Best W is over fellow bubble USC.

I agree on Cal. OrangeNirvana has been on their case for the past month as an empty resume.

Vandy hits on quite a few things. Let's hope they lose to Florida.

I recorded our % on today's brackets at 77% per the matrix. Let's see how much a hit we take tomorrow. I think Cal gets dinged first.

Going to sleep... as of now things got a little more interesting if we end the season at 10-8 with our customary early ACC departure.

But every team still has one more game, and maybe we can get a few surprise results in our favour this weekend.

I recorded our % on today's brackets at 77% per the matrix. Let's see how much a hit we take tomorrow. I think Cal gets dinged first.
will for sure be interesting - also to see if Mich St takes much of a hit - and how much farther down Xavier slides

Well, not the best night.

Xavier has to be in serious trouble, IMO. It's not just they're playing bad, but the injuries have killed them. I can't see the committee putting them in, especially if this keeps up. If it wasn't for Blueitt's 40pt game @Cincinnati in January, they'd already be out.

I agree with the KState/TCU result. But I think TCU losing that game at home really rea`lly hurts them.

Clemson was inconsequential. If they make it to the ACC Semis or Finals they would probably get in regardless of what happened tonight.

Wake was a big one. Logic says Wake, Cuse and GaTech all won't get in. 2 could get in - and we control our own path there - win Saturday, get the double bye, then beat Miami/VaTech on Wednesdsay and we should be ok no matter what. Win Saturday and lose Wednesday - well I think we might be OK but that means next week can't get too crazy

I'd still take our resume over Wake's slightly. But i'd also take Vandy over us as long as they finish over .500

Well, not the best night.

Xavier has to be in serious trouble, IMO. It's not just they're playing bad, but the injuries have killed them. I can't see the committee putting them in, especially if this keeps up. If it wasn't for Blueitt's 40pt game @Cincinnati in January, they'd already be out.

I agree with the KState/TCU result. But I think TCU losing that game at home really rea`lly hurts them.

Clemson was inconsequential. If they make it to the ACC Semis or Finals they would probably get in regardless of what happened tonight.

Wake was a big one. Logic says Wake, Cuse and GaTech all won't get in. 2 could get in - and we control our own path there - win Saturday, get the double bye, then beat Miami/VaTech on Wednesdsay and we should be ok no matter what. Win Saturday and lose Wednesday - well I think we might be OK but that means next week can't get too crazy

I'd still take our resume over Wake's slightly. But i'd also take Vandy over us as long as they finish over .500

I don't get the Clemson talk. They are one game over .500 and their best wins are South Carolina, Wake twice and Georgia Tech (granted, 3 of the 4 were on the road). I think even with the win last night, they would still have to make it to the ACC finals. A loss last night would have put them under .500 and would have been a complete killer for their tourney chances.