9 seed would be best seed in five years. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

9 seed would be best seed in five years.

even though he was told "you're out of here," after the three year plan was up. Did SU even attempt to find someone else to hire?
This is my big concern with ADJW. He already caved once - he could’ve considered the available candidates when Hop left and folded. He made the conservative low-risk, low-reward decision. Will he allow JB to influence a second time in choosing the successor? That would be catastrophic.

Last edited:
Who's idea was it to bring Boeheim back for five years?

I'm now beginning to consider SU as a "special" school. A school that shares a bubble roof dome for basketball and football, and decides to keep a coach who's declining a program for another five years just because an assistant coach left the program, even though he was told "you're out of here," after the three year plan was up. Did SU even attempt to find someone else to hire?

There was another half of the equation that you leave out.

Who's idea was it to bring Boeheim back for five years?

I'm now beginning to consider SU as a "special" school. A school that shares a bubble roof dome for basketball and football, and decides to keep a coach who's declining a program for another five years just because an assistant coach left the program, even though he was told "you're out of here," after the three year plan was up. Did SU even attempt to find someone else to hire?
Is this a real question?

About what? Your post is incomplete. Please elaborate for everyone...

About Hopkins first. And anything else you have to say. You’re a troll. Don’t talk about things you know nothing about.

This is my big concern with ADJW. He already caved once - he could’ve considered the available candidates when Hop left and folded. He made the conservative low-risk, low-reward decision. Will he allow JB to influence a second time in choosing the successor? That would be catastrophic.

Your posts and your pizza are insufferable. Go away

About Hopkins first. And anything else you have to say. You’re a troll. Don’t talk about things you know nothing about.

So you have nothing to add to the conversation.. Gotcha. Trolls post "you're an idiot and know nothing," without providing an explanation about why the person is an idiot. Take off the orange sunglasses and see the real world like anyone who isn't blinded by fanboyism.

Recruiting has sucked. The team this year sucks. At best this team has one player that could barely slip into the NBA draft. Looks like the future recruiting classes don't consist of any high profile recruits or potential NBA first round draft picks. Boeheim is losing recruiting battles left and right to real hall of fame coaches. SU basketball should be laughing at recruits like Paschal... Not letting them be the starter on any given roster, but Boeheim is in over his head to the point where he has no choice at this point.

The best player in 2018's recruiting class was #61... The next best was #152. In 2017, their best recruit was ranked #111 in the nation. Now let's turn around and look at the classes Krzyzewski, Williams, Hopkins, and others pull in, and it's easy to say Boeheim has fallen far from near the top of the totem pole when it comes to best coaches. For such a "great" coach, Boeheim can't recruit at all.

So you have nothing to add to the conversation.. Gotcha. Trolls post "you're an idiot and know nothing," without providing an explanation about why the person is an idiot. Take off the orange sunglasses and see the real world like anyone who isn't blinded by fanboyism.

Recruiting has sucked. The team this year sucks. At best this team has one player that could barely slip into the NBA draft. Looks like the future recruiting classes don't consist of any high profile recruits or potential NBA first round draft picks. Boeheim is losing recruiting battles left and right to real hall of fame coaches. SU basketball should be laughing at recruits like Paschal... Not letting them be the starter on any given roster, but Boeheim is in over his head to the point where he has no choice at this point.

The best player in 2018's recruiting class was #61... The next best was #152. In 2017, their best recruit was ranked #111 in the nation. Now let's turn around and look at the classes Krzyzewski, Williams, Hopkins, and others pull in, and it's easy to say Boeheim has fallen far from near the top of the totem pole when it comes to best coaches. For such a "great" coach, Boeheim can't recruit at all.
I agree with some of your takes but even I can appreciate what JB has accomplished with his body of work. He is a great coach who just may be staying on too long. That’s a more balanced take than throwing him under the bus.

Bees can you please explain? I’m a bit slow today.

His post talked like JB was fired and was going to be replaced and why when hop left didn’t we get someone else. That wasn’t the deal. The deal was JB would step down and be replaced by the coach in waiting who had that agreement in writing. When hop left there was no need for jb to step down and jw asked him to stay on. The other half of the equation he left out was the coach in waiting.

His post talked like JB was fired and was going to be replaced and why when hop left didn’t we get someone else. That wasn’t the deal. The deal was JB would step down and be replaced by the coach in waiting who had that agreement in writing. When hop left there was no need for jb to step down and jw asked him to stay on. The other half of the equation he left out was the coach in waiting.

Jim Boeheim was being pushed out the door because of his 2nd probation. The idea was to get rid of him, and replace him with Hops. When Hops left, they should've still pushed him out and found a new coach. SU probably said, "oh, well we have to pay a decent coach more than $1.5 million a year? We'll just stick with the bargain and keep Boeheim."

The university needs to do what's in the best interest for the program's success and its fans... By not building the future of the basketball program around a 70 something year old coach who can't recruit and sticks with an antiquated zone defense which contributes to the problem.

I think the question is... Did recruits like Jonny Flynn and GMac want to play for Boeheim? or did they want to play for Hops? It seems like no top recruit wants to play for Boeheim.

Jim Boeheim was being pushed out the door because of his 2nd probation. The idea was to get rid of him, and replace him with Hops. When Hops left, they should've still pushed him out and found a new coach. SU probably said, "oh, well we have to pay a decent coach more than $1.5 million a year? We'll just stick with the bargain and keep Boeheim."

The university needs to do what's in the best interest for the program's success and its fans... By not building the future of the basketball program around a 70 something year old coach who can't recruit and sticks with an antiquated zone defense which contributes to the problem.

Boeheim was once a very respectable coach that is now an embarrassment and way past his prime. Folks, two probations and one national championship in 40+ years because of his garbage recruiting... Remember that.

You won’t be here very long.

I think the question is... Did recruits like Jonny Flynn and GMac want to play for Boeheim? or did they want to play for Hops? It seems like no top recruit wants to play for Boeheim.

You know that hop was the coach in waiting before the probation right?

Why did you modify your post?

You know that hop was the coach in waiting before the probation right?

Sure did. If he bailed, there should've been a back up plan. I agree that Hops leaving caught us by surprise, but they should've just found someone else and stuck to the plan to push Boeheim out.

ADJW is just gonna sit and watch this program cave the next couple years and refuse to do anything about it. When the time comes, you bet he’ll hire Adrian Autry. By that time, ADJW mine as well just fire himself

Sure did. If he bailed, there should've been a back up plan. I agree that Hops leaving caught us by surprise, but they should've just found someone else and stuck to the plan to push Boeheim out.

Why should there have been a back up plan? The idea was to replace JB with Hop. Not replace him with anyone.

ADJW is just gonna sit and watch this program cave the next couple years and refuse to do anything about it. When the time comes, you bet he’ll hire Adrian Autry. By that time, ADJW mine as well just fire himself

Brilliant.

Why should there have been a back up plan? The idea was to replace JB with Hop. Not replace him with anyone.

The idea was to get rid of Boeheim because of his 2nd probation. SU named Hops successor over 10 years ago.

If I were SU's AD, I would walk in there the first day and tell him he's fired at the end of the season. Garbage recruiter... No ability to coach man to man defense... Never a team that can shoot free throws or shoot period. He's been exposed now that Hops is gone. The number of people that are sick of Boeheim now outnumber those who support him.

The team is 19-12 this year and won't improve next year (and will probably get worse even). We're on the level of Notre Dame now.

If ADJW gonna shell out $ for a football coach who has had 1 good season, I really hope he shells out the mega $ for Jay Wright, Chris Beard, Woj, etc

I’m not gonna settle for a mid-major coach I don’t care who it is. We’re bigger than that. We need a big time coach, big big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom