9th straight crap regular season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

9th straight crap regular season

It's also annoying of people who constantly whine and throw snark at those expressing their frustration, which most of the time has a very clear point of why that relates to coaching and talent. The hey look im a better fan than you crap...

Wait till we reach the apathy stage. Maybe we’re already there. The silver in the crowd suggests we are.

At which point it really does become the Rutgers forum ( before they started having their recent success) where it's an echo chamber of positivity and rainbows with every little positive. A winning season is the ticket to a big year next year... an upset win is a defining moment... and so on.

I'm starting to get the feeling we might not win another NC in our 20th anniversary year for New Orleans.

Wait till we reach the apathy stage. Maybe we’re already there. The silver in the crowd suggests we are.
I think apathy is a good word but i think it is more resignation. People are resigned to the fact that nothing is going to happen to JB. He is going to play this out as long as he wants with no worries or cares, and the fan base will just have to accept the school's stance.

As a fan and football season ticket holder - there are days when you think the school just doesn't seem too concerned with my role here (yesterday's Pitt news followed by another telling game in regards to our hoop program is an example of that).

Last edited:
As long as Boeheim gets to go out on his terms. He's "earned" the right, right?
I truly hate to see it end like this, But at the same time, Jay Wright and Roy Williams both had enough self awareness that they weren't the right men for their jobs anymore. Now that seemed to be more because of the way the sport was trending, instead of lack of success on the court. But still, a little self awareness isn't a bad thing.

And no that doesn't absolve ADJW at all. He needs to step in if the self-awareness isn't there.

You want to know the worst part about this season? Based on historical data. 2023 offers the smallest gap between teams 1-10 and teams 40-50 in AT LEAST the past 25 years. This means the parity has never been better in college basketball.

Per the data, this is the 3rd weakest top 5 ever and the weakest top 10 ever. Essentially, 7 of the top10 teams are the lowest ranked at their position in that time frame.

Essentially basketball is extremely even this year with a lot of parity. A lot of teams with similar and even talent. And we can only manage to go 13-10 through 23 games. Pretty disheartening. Especially when it’s not even like the 26-50 range is that good this year. It’s middle of the pack over the past 25 years. Just happens to be the weakest top of the rankings ever which makes the margin that small.

I’d rather talk about actual analysis of the team, improvements regressions X & Os strategy etc. but that’s just me.
I would too.

But when you suggest a lineup change or to switch the D, that gets mocked by a small majority too.

"YOU ARENT AT PRACTICE!!"

That said...I agree that the "JB should go" and especially the "Here's who should replace JB" posts are very old.

I would too.

But when you suggest a lineup change or to switch the D, that gets mocked by a small majority too.

"YOU ARENT AT PRACTICE!!"

That said...I agree that the "JB should go" and especially the "Here's who should replace JB" posts are very old.

I'll add on the vendetta some seem to have against certain players and making sure they are in front of the bus but somehow playing the same defense is not. That's not at all about Benny either is there is actually pretty much a uniform view on him.

The he should go or we should hire xyz have absolutely been worn out though you are right.

We have successfully made the leap from perennial powerhouse to gimmick team that can cause a lot of damage IF they sneak into the tournament every few years.

Most of the kids in the current recruiting pipeline have no memory of the powerhouse days, it was before they were old enough to understand sports. The timegap between now and our championship is the same as the difference between The Wonder Years tv show and the time period it portrayed.

We have successfully made the leap from perennial powerhouse to gimmick team that can cause a lot of damage IF they sneak into the tournament every few years.

Most of the kids in the current recruiting pipeline have no memory of the powerhouse days, it was before they were old enough to understand sports. The timegap between now and our championship is the same as the difference between The Wonder Years tv show and the time period it portrayed.
Goodness. We’re Princeton now without the academics.

I truly hate to see it end like this, But at the same time, Jay Wright and Roy Williams both had enough self awareness that they weren't the right men for their jobs anymore. Now that seemed to be more because of the way the sport was trending, instead of lack of success on the court. But still, a little self awareness isn't a bad thing.

And no that doesn't absolve ADJW at all. He needs to step in if the self-awareness isn't there.
I think Jay and Roy got out because they believed their overall quality of life would suffer if they continued. JB isn't there yet.

I agree. We should embrace the losing. Just as long as the guys have fun, that's what matters.
make it stop road trip GIF

no, no. We should act like every loss that a young team with low expectations experiences is the end of the world and Syracuse basketball will never be good again and Jim Boeheim should be fired yesterday and how dare the AD not listen to fans kicking and screaming like my toddler when she can’t have a third snack.
What about last years teams losses that had 3 seniors and 2 juniors starting?

Nobody wants to pout, cry, and complain about the Orange. We all want to say how much of a badass Jim Boeheim is and we hope he never retires. We have the best players and an awesome future.

It’s just that most everyone here is a realist. We see the writing on the wall. We don’t bury our heads in the sand because of nostalgia. We want a good team to root for. And until we get it we have to vent our frustrations.

I just really hope that change is around the corner. We deserve something good to happen with our team. It’s been 20 years since we experienced glory.

What about last years teams losses that had 3 seniors and 2 juniors starting?

Well, per JB, they were all "new" to their particular roles. :rolleyes:

That too was about as convincing a pitch as Clark Griswold's attempt in convincing Rusty it was just a "pool waitress" taking his order. ;)

This forum can be good. The crybaby whining gets old
I don't mind people expressing their opinions. What irks me is all the whining about the whining. People who just can't deal with people expressing opinions other than the ones they hold.

Incredibly insipid, the kvetching and cries for 'positivity to balance the negative.' We're in a negative state of affairs. Deal with the commensurate conversation.

I don't mind people expressing their opinions. What irks me is all the whining about the whining. People who just can't deal with people expressing opinions other than the ones they hold.

Incredibly insipid, the kvetching and cries for 'positivity to balance the negative.' We're in a negative state of affairs. Deal with the commensurate conversation.

Yeah and then those same people going off the rails with childish insults for no reason. Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of optimism or realism and debates between. Way too much animosity over opinions people don't like or facts being challenged. Agree, disagree/debate or move on.

Yeah but I don’t like the whining about people whining about the whining