9th straight crap regular season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

9th straight crap regular season

Quick, someone set up a 5 stages of grief poll: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance.

I personally am simultaneously at stages 2, 3, 4, and 5--assuming that is possible. :)
im half denial, half acceptance

Can't whine about the program, can't complain about the officials, and can't talk about JB's job status. Running out of things that are acceptable to some posters here.
Maybe folks can present the alternative timeline that is acceptable for JB to step down under? Is it okay to coach till he’s got the wins record no matter how long it takes?

Unfortunately that average attendance figure I posted a couple weeks back hasn't moved much despite home games vs ND, VT, UNC and UVA in the books now. We are averaging 17,900 on the year currently which is down 2k from last season.
And there appear to be more empties too…lot of silver in the season ticket holder seat areas.

Spot on. In part it goes back to when he had to sit out 6 games. He hated it. Maybe he's scared of what happens when he retires. IDK. He's definitely showing less energy this season. We shall see.
He's a senior citizen! I mean damn, I am 32 and don't have the energy I probably should have.

Hell of a run. Go home. Drink some beers. Take naps all day. Play some golf. Watch anything you want at any hour of the day and night. Tap your smokeshow wife. Sounds awesome!

Yeah and then those same people going off the rails with childish insults for no reason. Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of optimism or realism and debates between. Way too much animosity over opinions people don't like or facts being challenged. Agree, disagree/debate or move on.
No, not the “same people.” And if you’re counting bs and insults from one side, don’t ignore them from the other. Off the rails from my perspective is starting a thread to rant about fans being “miserable.”

The other thing is you don’t seem to realize there’s no such thing as a “healthy dose of optimism or realism.” Everyone thinks their perspectives are realism.

Maybe folks can present the alternative timeline that is acceptable for JB to step down under? Is it okay to coach till he’s got the wins record no matter how long it takes?

I get the general feeling the answer to this is still whenever he feels like it- and that the records and how we finish every year doesn't matter.

No, not the “same people.” And if you’re counting bs and insults from one side, don’t ignore them from the other. Off the rails from my perspective is starting a thread to rant about fans being “miserable.”

The other thing is you don’t seem to realize there’s no such thing as a “healthy dose of optimism or realism.” Everyone thinks their perspectives are realism.

You seem to not realize how many times over the past 9 year stretch I've absolutely called out that other side . I guess recency bias is all people can digest.

Given some of the flat out juvenile trash I've seen posted at me from certain folks recently in response to challenging their view, my post is fair.

There are reasonable challenges to a viewpoint and then ridiculous stuff. Mine was directed at the latter- which of late has tended to be those irrationally upset over criticism of where we are at.

Note this isn't any flames tossed at you just clarifying a bit.

Last edited:
He's a senior citizen! I mean damn, I am 32 and don't have the energy I probably should have.

Hell of a run. Go home. Drink some beers. Take naps all day. Play some golf. Watch anything you want at any hour of the day and night. Tap your smokeshow wife. Sounds awesome!
If I was a D-1 college coach, I’d retire as soon as I had enough money to be rich for the rest of my life.

I would hope that Jim is getting sick and tired of losing. He either steps up his game or gets out. I can't see him continuing for much longer unless he can turn it around. Hanging in there to coach his kids I get but last year and now this year's tank is getting ridiculous, and he knows it. I think we see the old boy give it one more go next year and call it day.

I would hope that Jim is getting sick and tired of losing. He either steps up his game or gets out. I can't see him continuing for much longer unless he can turn it around. Hanging in there to coach his kids I get but last year and now this year's tank is getting ridiculous, and he knows it. I think we see the old boy give it one more go next year and call it day.
I just don’t see the point of one more year. For what?? We’re not going to be good. Not going to do anything different. It’s just a waste of time. It’s over. It’s been over.

That one more year is tricky. You could have 2 more big time recruit gets for 24 and then you have that hanging out there...

It's easy to relate to the desire to work forever coming from a family that has been wired that way for multiple generations( farmers and small biz in my case). Hanging it up is moving to a phase in life that is just considered waiting until one dies. That's a hard reality and a scary one for someone whose life and joy has revolved around their profession.

I just don’t see the point of one more year. For what?? We’re not going to be good. Not going to do anything different. It’s just a waste of time. It’s over. It’s been over.
The problem is Jim doesn't see that the team is losing because of his inability or unwillingness to change. He is still sharp, but his pig headiness is overriding his coaching acumen. In short, he is stubborn to a fault and its costing Syracuse wins.

The problem is Jim doesn't see that the team is losing because of his inability or unwillingness to change. He is still sharp, but his pig headiness is overriding his coaching acumen. In short, he is stubborn to a fault and its costing Syracuse wins.
Mike Tirico has said he thinks one more year and then a national search. Since he’s on the BOT I take that as the likely endgame.

Mike Tirico has said he thinks one more year and then a national search. Since he’s on the BOT I take that as the likely endgame.
Agreed. One more year for Old Gus

Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

guess why?

cause it’s not one more year