A few fun things to know about Clemson | Syracusefan.com

A few fun things to know about Clemson

TIgerTower

Walk On
1- Clemson is home to the Original Death Valley, using the term for more thn 40 yars BEFORE LSU changed Deaf Valley to Death Valley. The official LSU website recognizes this fact.
2- We HATE everything Tarheel or Carlina Blue, on that point I feel sure we agree.
3- Tigernet.com is a poor representation of our fan base. Dont take that for the norm. They are our only free board and as such you get all the less desirables there. Many there have never been to a Clemson game.
4 -We are embarrassed Clemson Tom associates with our program. He is not a graduate and lives in florida not SC. we apologize on behalf of the bafoon.
5- Clemson U has a total enrollment of less than 20,000 (under and post graduate and only in the last decade has the number exceeded 14k) yet routinely fills their 88,000 seat stadium making Death Valley the 5th largest city in SC on game days. (yes we are no where near as populous as NY...we know and like it that way)
6- Dabo Swinney is likely the most polarizing figure in Clemson's history at least for one that is split. Half the fan base still thinks he was a bad hire and will fail.
7- We built a $11MM indoor practice facility last year just to prepare for playing in domes. Inclusive is a sound system that allows us to replicate and pump in 100dB crowd noise. (Just joking about it being just for playing in domes, but not about the speaker system)
8- Noise is really not a factor for Clemson, they do not call a snap cadence, they do not huddle and all offensive play calls are through a card system from the sideline.
9- We are prepared for the heat. During August camp two a days we had one day where the temp was under 95, and in preparation we have practiced this week in our IPF with the hat set on a cozy 88.
10- We are a loud boisterous and fun loving bunch of fans. We want to win and cheer visciously for such, but if you find your way down south next year we will unilaterally extend a free beer and whatever tailgating grub is on our table...Southern Hospitality at its finest.

Here is hoping for a fun game tomorrow!
Go Tigers!

Wait a minute...I thought all Clemson fans hated the gamecocks? At least that's what the one's i know tell me in SC

Wait a minute...I thought all Clemson fans hated the gamecocks? At least that's what the one's i know tell me in SC
Absolutely.
They are the lowest varmin known to man kind.
They are subhuman fecal matter.
But they are not conference foes so I left that tidbit out as I didnt think it was relevant

Absolutely.
But they are not conference foes so I left that tidbit out as I didnt think it was relevant

So, tell us how you REALLY feel...

1- Clemson is home to the Original Death Valley, using the term for more thn 40 yars BEFORE LSU changed Deaf Valley to Death Valley. The official LSU website recognizes this fact.
2- We HATE everything Tarheel or Carlina Blue, on that point I feel sure we agree.
3- Tigernet.com is a poor representation of our fan base. Dont take that for the norm. They are our only free board and as such you get all the less desirables there. Many there have never been to a Clemson game.
4 -We are embarrassed Clemson Tom associates with our program. He is not a graduate and lives in florida not SC. we apologize on behalf of the bafoon.
5- Clemson U has a total enrollment of less than 20,000 (under and post graduate and only in the last decade has the number exceeded 14k) yet routinely fills their 88,000 seat stadium making Death Valley the 5th largest city in SC on game days. (yes we are no where near as populous as NY...we know and like it that way)
6- Dabo Swinney is likely the most polarizing figure in Clemson's history at least for one that is split. Half the fan base still thinks he was a bad hire and will fail.
7- We built a $11MM indoor practice facility last year just to prepare for playing in domes. Inclusive is a sound system that allows us to replicate and pump in 100dB crowd noise. (Just joking about it being just for playing in domes, but not about the speaker system)
8- Noise is really not a factor for Clemson, they do not call a snap cadence, they do not huddle and all offensive play calls are through a card system from the sideline.
9- We are prepared for the heat. During August camp two a days we had one day where the temp was under 95, and in preparation we have practiced this week in our IPF with the hat set on a cozy 88.
10- We are a loud boisterous and fun loving bunch of fans. We want to win and cheer visciously for such, but if you find your way down south next year we will unilaterally extend a free beer and whatever tailgating grub is on our table...Southern Hospitality at its finest.

Go Tigers!

Wow. Seriously on Swinney? He's been great for Clemson and I full respect him. If he's a bad hire, keep hiring bad. If your fans want to see a bad hire, we offer GRob (a bad #1, a decent DC).

The noise in the Dome will exceed 100 dB. Under Bobby Bowden, FSU used every speaker the could find to blare obnoxious noise during practice and they still could not handle communications. The card idea for sending in plays seems like a good idea.

Not Doubting it gets warm in SC, but according to accuweather your warmest day was 92 in August. I've seen a few Clemson posters note that they've practiced in 100+ degrees heat through out camp. Not sure the data supports that, in fact in July if you believe AccuWeather we had more days in the 90's here in Syracuse than Clemson did. It can get warm here in the summer also, at least for short periods of time. But we also get much colder than Clemson does obviously. In August it can be hot and humid here also during our pre-season camp, one of the reasons we haven't had much of a problem going south to play.

Not a big deal and won't be the deciding factor but I was interested in looking at the temp data to see how warm it really was based on all the reports of all the 100+ degree days during August and didn't seem to be any.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/clemson-sc/29631/august-weather/335501

Wasn't cool by any stretch though.

I heard terrell Hunt is going to make tajh boyd look like Bernie Kosar.

Driving an automobile.

A must read for anyone whining about, at $13M, Syracuse is "not spending enough" for their IPF.

3- Tigernet.com is a poor representation of our fan base. Dont take that for the norm.

The Syracuse.com board is the same kind of garbage as you describe Tigernet.com to be. This board is the norm for hard-core SU fans, with nunesmagician.com a close second.

Enjoyed your things-to-know post!

Go Tigers!

Overall a good post, but to put UNCheat in there instead of USCjr is pretty much unacceptable, almost to the point that I couldn't continue reading. If you're going to go with a point based solely on who we hate, I just can't comprehend how it could be anybody but the shamecocks?

Also, I would no longer consider our fanbase "split" on Dabo. Most of the original haters have come around, eaten their crow, and are now "all in." Of course there are still the 3-5% out there that are just hard headed and refuse to admit they are wrong, but the funny thing about them is you only see them on the internet. Not once this year have I actually met someone at the tailgate that still have doubts about Dabo or where this program is going. Probably b/c they know they would get laughed out of the place. Hard to argue with FACTS and where he's taken us in a mere 4.5 years...

I wouldn't necessarily say Tiger fans hate Gamecocks, just on gamedays. We all have ties to South Carolina and actually get along quite well.

As for UNC, highly annoying, they always seem to have the refs in their backpocket...be prepared come hoops time. However, our conference is now so big, tobacco road doesn't quite have the power it did years past. Ever since the explosion of college football and TV money years back, the ACC finally learned that football needed to be King and would pay the bills. Naturally, somebody at Duke disagreed and was against expansion.

And the weather? very weird for us this season. In Atlanta, very wet, not many days over 90 and nary much of a spring earlier this year. Seems like we went straight from winter to summer.

Absolutely.

Remarkably, this would be the most polite thing any of us have ever used to describe a Georgetown fan.

It's 4:47...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I went to a wedding at Clemson and we partied at Tiger Tavern after the reception. They advertised their trivia night with Moonshine. Also, I'll never buy another slice of pizza in the South ever again.

Not Doubting it gets warm in SC, but according to accuweather your warmest day was 92 in August. I've seen a few Clemson posters note that they've practiced in 100+ degrees heat through out camp. Not sure the data supports that, in fact in July if you believe AccuWeather we had more days in the 90's here in Syracuse than Clemson did. It can get warm here in the summer also, at least for short periods of time. But we also get much colder than Clemson does obviously. In August it can be hot and humid here also during our pre-season camp, one of the reasons we haven't had much of a problem going south to play.

Not a big deal and won't be the deciding factor but I was interested in looking at the temp data to see how warm it really was based on all the reports of all the 100+ degree days during August and didn't seem to be any.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/clemson-sc/29631/august-weather/335501

Wasn't cool by any stretch though.

I personally don't pay attention to the actual temperature during the Summer in the South. I look at the Real Feel temp that factors in humidity. 88 is not bad at all. Add in 94% humidity and it's unbearable.

100 dB? Better crank that up to 13.

We registered 115 decibals with 30,000 fans at a basketball game. Increase that by close to 20,000 and there is no telling where that would record. Highest ever recorded was 134 at a Sehawks game, Im sure the Dome has broken that at some point in its great history. Man I can not wait for tomorrow!!!!

We registered 115 decibals with 30,000 fans at a basketball game. Increase that by close to 20,000 and there is no telling where that would record. Highest ever recorded was 134 at a Sehawks game, Im sure the Dome has broken that at some point in its great history. Man I can not wait for tomorrow!!!!

We hit 132.8 in our game vs Boston College in 2007. I have read where it is the current college record but ESPN showed a graphic a few years ago saying Washington hit 133.6 vs Nebraska in 1992. Not sure how accurate that is or even which is really the record. Seahawks was actually 131.9

I wouldn't necessarily say Tiger fans hate Gamecocks, just on gamedays. We all have ties to South Carolina and actually get along quite well.

As for UNC, highly annoying, they always seem to have the refs in their backpocket...be prepared come hoops time. However, our conference is now so big, tobacco road doesn't quite have the power it did years past. Ever since the explosion of college football and TV money years back, the ACC finally learned that football needed to be King and would pay the bills. Naturally, somebody at Duke disagreed and was against expansion.

And the weather? very weird for us this season. In Atlanta, very wet, not many days over 90 and nary much of a spring earlier this year. Seems like we went straight from winter to summer.
Idk, who you are but if you say we don't hate the gamecocks one more time, I will find you and I will kill you

Idk, who you are but if you say we don't hate the gamecocks one more time, I will find you and I will kill you

This kind of language is reserved for Georgetown on this board. You two will have to rent a room elsewhere, at least on that topic. Now, if you manage to include Georgetown, we may bend a little...just sayin'. :cool:

We hit 132.8 in our game vs Boston College in 2007. I have read where it is the current college record but ESPN showed a graphic a few years ago saying Washington hit 133.6 vs Nebraska in 1992. Not sure how accurate that is or even which is really the record. Seahawks was actually 131.9

Against Boston College????!!!???!!!??? Was it free whiskey day or something?

FSU and South Carolina roll in there every other year and your LSU earthquake moment is against Boston College?

For shame...

Against Boston College????!!!???!!!??? Was it free whiskey day or something?

FSU and South Carolina roll in there every other year and your LSU earthquake moment is against Boston College?

For shame...

LOL. It was a Matt Ryan led BC team. You know the few years they were actually good. That game was for the division and the title game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom