A few fun things to know about Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A few fun things to know about Clemson

Against Boston College????!!!???!!!??? Was it free whiskey day or something?

FSU and South Carolina roll in there every other year and your LSU earthquake moment is against Boston College?

For shame...

I think that was the game that the winner went to the ACC Championship game. Matt Ryan pulled it out for them.

LOL. It was a Matt Ryan led BC team. You know the few years they were actually good. That game was for the division and the title game.

It's ok, although I did find that surprising. I really missed the SU-BC rivalry, so glad it's back. But I'm not going to miss an opportunity to bash them and their super terrible superfan T-shirts. I have kidney problems from years of laughing at those t-shirts and those who wear them.

We hit 132.8 in our game vs Boston College in 2007. I have read where it is the current college record but ESPN showed a graphic a few years ago saying Washington hit 133.6 vs Nebraska in 1992. Not sure how accurate that is or even which is really the record. Seahawks was actually 131.9

The Seahawks have the record for loudest stadium in sports history. So these universities saying they had louder crowds are likely urban myths. Good stuff for the fans to banter about though.

The Seahawks have the record for loudest stadium in sports history. So these universities saying they had louder crowds are likely urban myths. Good stuff for the fans to banter about though.

I don't know when it will happen because geography isn't on my side, but I'd really like to go to a Seahawks game out there. Place looks nuts.

I'm more of a college football guy than pro, but I've been to several stadiums on both levels. And at this point, Arrowhead Stadium for a Sunday night game against the Bills back in 2003 is still the loudest stadium experience of my life. They just wouldn't stop, even in the 2nd half when the game was well in hand. It was in...sane.

It also might be the most impressive looking and smelling tailgate scene I've ever witnessed. Friendly folk forcing you to eat their BBQ as you walked thru the lot. There are worse things in life.

I read an piece on the Seahawks record. The only reason it is considered "the record" is because they invited Guinness to be there. It was set up by a Seahawks fan club so I consider it a bit "fake". Had they not been trying to set the record they likely would not have done so. These college stadiums are getting this loud out of pure team passion and are not trying to set records. These numbers ARE legit and not just urban legend. Clemson has seen 130 a few times in the past few years. I was at the BC game and it was absolutely insane.

Not trying to take away from how loud the Seahawks got the place but it was set up to be that way(likely with a big announcement before the game, etc) vs being spontaneous so it loses something to me because of that fact.

8- Noise is really not a factor for Clemson, they do not call a snap cadence, they do not huddle and all offensive play calls are through a card system from the sideline.

Noise will be a factor because Boyd won't be able to hear the thoughts in his own head.

I'm so thrown by the USC hate. Here I thought that everyone at Clemson loves all kinds of Cocks.
I will say this, Spurrier truly is the biggest of them all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I will say this, Spurrier truly is the biggest of them all.

I just appreciate the Clemson battle cry of, "Let's beat all of those Cocks!"

I just appreciate the Clemson battle cry of, "Let's beat all of those Cocks!"
Drunk on Cocks...Cocksaholics.

Drunk on Cocks...Cocksaholics.

When a Clemson fan travels to a game at South Carolina, looks around at all of the people in the stadium, and while fired up and quite possibly drunk and flexing beer muscles, thinks to himself, "I could take all of those Cocks."

Yeah but only SC has grown men fans that scream HERE COME THE COCKS...WE LOVE THE COCKS..

Back in the Indy days when USCjr and FSU played regularly, we would lose it seeing the cars and pickup trucks roll into town with this bumper sticker affixed: "You Can't Lick Our Cocks!"

Back in the Indy days when USCjr and FSU played regularly, we would lose it seeing the cars and pickup trucks roll into town with this bumper sticker affixed: "You Can't Lick Our Cocks!"
I imagine in Miami they would have to take special measures to keep the "hostesses" from stepping up to the challenge.

I read an piece on the Seahawks record. The only reason it is considered "the record" is because they invited Guinness to be there. It was set up by a Seahawks fan club so I consider it a bit "fake". Had they not been trying to set the record they likely would not have done so. These college stadiums are getting this loud out of pure team passion and are not trying to set records. These numbers ARE legit and not just urban legend. Clemson has seen 130 a few times in the past few years. I was at the BC game and it was absolutely insane.

Not trying to take away from how loud the Seahawks got the place but it was set up to be that way(likely with a big announcement before the game, etc) vs being spontaneous so it loses something to me because of that fact.
To add to this, I have been to every home game for the last 10 years. While the BC game was loud, it was not as loud as the overtime loss we had to Miami. The noise during that game was a physical presence; I felt it beating against my chest in waves. I could not make out any of the noise from the person next to me when he was screaming in my ear trying to tell me something.

How about this gem from when Chris Smelley was the Cocks QB. :rolling:

th

1- Clemson is home to the Original Death Valley, using the term for more thn 40 yars BEFORE LSU changed Deaf Valley to Death Valley. The official LSU website recognizes this fact.

Clemson is 11-11 against ranked teams at "Death Valley" since 2000. LSU is 18-7 at the real Death Valley (against better teams).

When Clemson fans trigger a seismograph on campus, you can have the name back.

Clemson is 11-11 against ranked teams at "Death Valley" since 2000. LSU is 18-7 at the real Death Valley (against better teams).

To be fair, a seismograph in South Carolina is a dude looking for ripples in a jug of moonshine.

That's garbage. I have read post from LSU fans where that game was MAJORLY overhyped and the professor who ran the seismographs even admitted they would move when big trucks passed by. If you watched the short video I posted earlier you would see LSU behind Clemson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom