A few new blog posts... | Syracusefan.com

A few new blog posts...

Good thoughts on the end of the P era. I have heard from a trustworthy source at one of the tailgates that the decision to fire P was not Gross's.

Marrone said flat out that when he was hired, we were the smallest and slowest team in the Big East (!!! where does that put us nationally?). The university put us in a bad position, top to bottom, through its funding and hiring decisions when P was fired.

No doubt we have recovered nicely. I have come to respect Dr. Gross - he seems to be moving the entire AD in a positive direction, even if not every step is forward. He came into a bad situation and was brash at first, but as things are stabilizing now, he is quieting down and running the show from more of a position of strength. Folks here will carp about it, but his decision to buy out the @Wyoming game a few years ago was a good indicator of where he was taking us. That was a big-boy move, at a time when lots of people thought we shouldn't be acting like a big boy.

The only thing I disagree with is that the Robinson era really should be likened to the Hindenburg colliding with the Titanic. That's how perfectly disastrous it was.

Good thoughts on the end of the P era. I have heard from a trustworthy source at one of the tailgates that the decision to fire P was not Gross's.

Marrone said flat out that when he was hired, we were the smallest and slowest team in the Big East (!!! where does that put us nationally?). The university put us in a bad position, top to bottom, through its funding and hiring decisions when P was fired.

No doubt we have recovered nicely. I have come to respect Dr. Gross - he seems to be moving the entire AD in a positive direction, even if not every step is forward. He came into a bad situation and was brash at first, but as things are stabilizing now, he is quieting down and running the show from more of a position of strength. Folks here will carp about it, but his decision to buy out the @Wyoming game a few years ago was a good indicator of where he was taking us. That was a big-boy move, at a time when lots of people thought we shouldn't be acting like a big boy.

That would explain Gross's about face going from almost saying Coach P's job was safe to canning him a few weeks later.

I am not convinced Coach P staying was the answer, but to wait as long as we did and have no apparent plan on who is going to replace him was a pretty dumb move.

That would explain Gross's about face going from almost saying Coach P's job was safe to canning him a few weeks later.

I am not convinced Coach P staying was the answer, but to wait as long as we did and have no apparent plan on who is going to replace him was a pretty dumb move.

Cantor decided he was to be fired at halftime of the bowl game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

When Gross was hired, he was hired in that period between the SU win over BC, which was probably one of the most gratifying wins in recent SU history, and the bowl game against GaTech. I despised Pasqualoni by that time. Was sick of the team gagging away opportunities to be great, was sick of the offense they were running, was sick of seeing SU embarrass themselves in bowl games, but, since they beat BC that year, and sent them to the ACC sans the BCS bowl berth as Big East Champ, I was like, ok, give P one more year, but unless he goes 8-4, he's gone.

The trouble with waiting til after yet another awful bowl performance was that all of the better coaches had been hired already. And while he didn't do well at Stanford, this included Ty Willingham, who I thought would've been a great hire for SU. So SU sticks with P, suffers another black eye in a bowl, fires the coach, and then is stuck looking at the second choices that were still remaining.

I don't see that Pasqualoni would've done much better than Robinson. Granted, he had a commitment from Ray Rice (I think), but having watched him coach for 15 years, him and Deleone would have rotated him among three other RBs. That pair had no business continuing to coach at SU. He was a good guy, a guy you could trust to run a clean program, a guy who could be a caretaker of a program for a few years, and a guy who could handle a BCS team rated 60s or lower, but he was not a guy who could rebuild a program into a top 25 team. SU had to get rid of him.

Kev

Cantor decided he was to be fired at halftime of the bowl game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Maybe she was in the locker room when ZERO adjustments were made (that is from someone who was inside the locker room. ) Syay the course is what the players werr told. That staff had become dysfunctional

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom