A little announcement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A little announcement

Don't care for Bud and the Manchild (although I did in their original run). Don't care for much of the limited Local Sports Talk Radio in Syracuse. Especially Bud and his tangents and consistently going off topic. The day should be previewing Syracuse-Michigan (Prob 10 minutes of talk at most) and throw in some "Who Cares" interview with the Indian River Football coach. Ooh and their new "Jimmer" Josh Morgan. Geez cringe worthy just listening to him, god help us all when he fill's in. He sucks !!!

Upon Further Review, is by far the best. Great to just have Brent Axe back (as long as he does not do his voices, Old Man on the porch voice makes me cringe) if only for an hour following.

I suggested the interview with the Indian River coach after watching the game Sunday, which was one of the most amazing football games I've ever seen. It was Section 3's first state champion in 7 years and worthy of the attention of a local sports show.

I suggested the interview with the Indian River coach after watching the game Sunday, which was one of the most amazing football games I've ever seen. It was Section 3's first state champion in 7 years and worthy of the attention of a local sports show.
Awkward.gif

Actually, the interview was

spock18.gif
Oh, I have no doubt.

I also can't tell (stupid lack of tone evident in text!) if you're just throwing in a Spock gif because, let's face it, they're super fun, because the "awkward" part was for CuseHulk.

In retrospect, I now realize that "You buy this hat they give you a free bowl of soup! *beat* Oh, it looks good on you, though!" would have been the perfect clip.

Jim Lersch, ("The Manchild"), will be on vacation from "Bud and the Manchild" Thurdasday and Friday and Bud invited me to sit in with him for an hour or so beginning on Thursday, December 4th at 10:30AM. It's on AM 1260 in Syracuse. So if you aren't doing anything important, (you don't do anything important, do you?), you might want to check it out.

Never having heard your voice during the call-in shows (you've spoiled us all with your ultra-thorough recaps), I haven't a clue about what to expect it to sound like. "I don't always sit in on radio talk shows. But when I do, I prefer Bud & The Manchild. Stay Orange, my friends."

Congratulations! This is fantastic. You're going to kill it.

Looking forward to it and hope to represent the board, (which i will mention), well. Out of area people tell me they get the Boeheim and Shafer shows on this site: http://tunein.com/ . It's WSKO The Score AM 1260
Maybe you can start a groundswell to bring back the "Orangemen", unretire 44, and paint the bleachers orange.

Jim Lersch, ("The Manchild"), will be on vacation from "Bud and the Manchild" Thurdasday and Friday and Bud invited me to sit in with him for an hour or so beginning on Thursday, December 4th at 10:30AM. It's on AM 1260 in Syracuse. So if you aren't doing anything important, (you don't do anything important, do you?), you might want to check it out.

Congratulations!! Make sure you try to use Whiz Bang at least once during the show.

My only reservation is, if you are there, will someone here step up and provide a transcript of the Bud and SWC show?

Never having heard your voice during the call-in shows (you've spoiled us all with your ultra-thorough recaps), I haven't a clue about what to expect it to sound like. "I don't always sit in on radio talk shows. But when I do, I prefer Bud & The Manchild. Stay Orange, my friends."

Congratulations! This is fantastic. You're going to kill it.

I sound like this, of course!

Don't care for Bud and the Manchild (although I did in their original run). Don't care for much of the limited Local Sports Talk Radio in Syracuse. Especially Bud and his tangents and consistently going off topic. The day should be previewing Syracuse-Michigan (Prob 10 minutes of talk at most) and throw in some "Who Cares" interview with the Indian River Football coach. Ooh and their new "Jimmer" Josh Morgan. Geez cringe worthy just listening to him, god help us all when he fill's in. He sucks !!!

Upon Further Review, is by far the best. Great to just have Brent Axe back (as long as he does not do his voices, Old Man on the porch voice makes me cringe) if only for an hour following.

One more thought: You "don't care for the show" but you know they interviewed the Indian River coach? hmmmmm...:oops:

One more thought: You "don't care for the show" but you know they interviewed the Indian River coach? hmmmmm...:oops:
It's like the scene in the Howard Stern movie, "Private Parts" where they're explaining why people listen: "Most common response: I want to see what he'll say next" and then, when they mention that Stern haters listen for even longer, "Most common response: I want to see what he'll say next."

I had to make a day trip back n forth to Albany during the day. Long Drive.

Nothing against OP. Congrats again, I'm sure you will be great.

I don't care for the show.

Jim is right! Steve deserves a show.
He really should have his own show! Mike Lindsley is horrible! I tried listing to him one time after 40 mins I turned him off. SWC for 3-6 on the score 1260!

He really should have his own show! Mike Lindsley is horrible! I tried listing to him one time after 40 mins I turned him off. SWC for 3-6 on the score 1260!
Jim, could you do me a solid and deliver a man sized punch to Lindsley's face?

I caught bits and pieces while working. You represented the board well(as was expected) Steve!

And I caught the live call from Georgia, JarHeadJim gave a great plug for the board along with well deserved thanks for SWC75.

Thanks for all that you contribute to this board Steve.