A look ahead to 2022-23: Who’s gone, who’s back and who’s on the way | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

A look ahead to 2022-23: Who’s gone, who’s back and who’s on the way

What would be thinking about a line up that has Symir, Joe, Benny, Bunch or Brown and Jesse? I'm sure that will strike fear in to the ACC. I fear that is our team. I think and fear that is the team JB wants. Maybe throw in another guard.
I would think that we are settling. And, I will have lost hope for this regime and further make me hope for a clean sweep.

cole will be 24 next year. know what they call 24 year old college kids ? DOCTORS.

While I think Jesse can be better next season, I don't know how much better we can expect him to be. He's already close to one of the most productive centers in the P5 and the few who are ahead of him are going to get drafted in a few months.

While I think Jesse can be better next season, I don't know how much better we can expect him to be. He's already close to one of the most productive centers in the P5 and the few who are ahead of him are going to get drafted in a few months.
He is only 20ish, of course he is going to get stronger and better.

Interesting summary.

I liked what we saw of Symir / Joe. I'm concerned that we might get exploited defensively with those two up tops, but Symir looks like he could be a plus defender.

Not that we substitute much, but we'd have two legit guys behind them in Quadir / Taylor.

At forward, a lot hinges on Benny. I think he's a tweener trending toward a 4. Swider is a tweener trending toward a 3. So I think they could play in tandem.

Edwards hopefully returns, and he is a stud. Might have been the best player on the team this year. Anselem filled in capably after he got injured, and got a ton of PT this season. Will he move on for a guaranteed starting role somewhere else? Or will he stick it out and battle for a starting position?

This might have seemed unfathomable in the past, but... given Edward's offensive flexibility and mobility, could he and Anselem play effectively together? Maybe Edwards shifts to 4 [I don't see Anselem being able to play there in our system].

Bunch and Brown in reserve.

Questions -- what does Mintz do? Do we chase anyone else in the portal? Do we have any offseason attrition that reshapes the roster? What happens if Swider opts to play for pay?
We most definitely need to portal even if Cole, Benny, Frank, Jesse, etc all return. We need a high level athletic wing who can score, shoot well and attack the basket. Unless we land Mintz, the freshman don’t seem ready.

What would be thinking about a line up that has Symir, Joe, Benny, Bunch or Brown and Jesse? I'm sure that will strike fear in to the ACC. I fear that is our team. I think and fear that is the team JB wants. Maybe throw in another guard.
If we go into the season with that starting lineup, we will be a bottom third team in the ACC next season. JB has lost his damn mind if he thinks he can run out that starting lineup. What a joke. We need Cole to return, Mintz to sign and probably still need to land a portal wing, imo.

Last edited:
cole will be 24 next year. know what they call 24 year old college kids ? DOCTORS.
Bonhanon from Iowa has to be 35 by now. It's not like Cole is going to the NBA.

When are they doing exit interviews for this team?
The only exit interview I want to hear about is Jim Boeheim’s. Lol. So many fans I know are completely disillusioned with the program. And if JB’s plan for next season is to roll out the freshman and think he can win with them and a few of the returners, he’s truly out of his mind. If he lands some top guys or players with real potential out of the portal, then we’ll see if he can get us on a better trajectory for the next guy. We definitely better hope Cole returns.

Just a reminder, the VP at Roc Nation is Chris Bunch’s father and also the personal agent of Kevin Durant.
reminder of who our starting SF for next season likely is?

Agreed. If we don't get Mintz I doubt he brings in anyone. Jim doesn't portal unless its someone he knows and has already offered and it doesn't look like any past whiffs are in play.

Indeed.

That would require additional effort and recruiting knowledge to use the portal properly.

Thanks to Fly Rodder dropping a stealth like on this 17 minutes ago, let the record show that as early as March 14 of 2022 I accurately stated, clearly and unequivocally, that JB was not serious about playing man this season.
Vince Mcmahon Wrestling GIF by WWE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom