A new season starts Friday night | Syracusefan.com

A new season starts Friday night

orangeinjersey

All Conference
This is what I hope HCDM is telling/preaching to these kids. Lets think of the last 4 games as our preseason. I don't like to make excuses, but the OOC schedule was a tough one. So lets focus, limit our mistakes, and play some good, disciplined football. We are all starting from scratch again. The BE is NOT THE SEC. To me there, is not one GUARANTEED loss on the remaining schedule. The season is NOT over. Lets get 5 wins. We get 5 wins, and we are bowling.

That is the message that I hope (and think) marrone has been beating in these kids heads the past two weeks.

That being said, if we lose tomorrow, well yeah, its not going to be pretty.

Agreed, but I don't want Marrone pounding anything in their heads other than execution and focus for the upcoming game. We have the talent to win any remaining game on the schedule, but without those two things, it really doesn't matter.

At this point, we need to keep getting better game by game.

This is what I hope HCDM is telling/preaching to these kids. Lets think of the last 4 games as our preseason. I don't like to make excuses, but the OOC schedule was a tough one. So lets focus, limit our mistakes, and play some good, disciplined football. We are all starting from scratch again. The BE is NOT THE SEC. To me there, is not one GUARANTEED loss on the remaining schedule. The season is NOT over. Lets get 5 wins. We get 5 wins, and we are bowling.

That is the message that I hope (and think) marrone has been beating in these kids heads the past two weeks.

Hopefully everyone is rested and refreshed.

Having Pugh and Flemming back and the new lineup on the OL alone makes this a new season.

Agreed, but I don't want Marrone pounding anything in their heads other than execution and focus for the upcoming game. We have the talent to win any remaining game on the schedule, but without those two things, it really doesn't matter.

At this point, we need to keep getting better game by game.

Absolutely. What I saw in three of the first four games (could not get the Stony Brook game) was a team that appeared more explosive on offense and better against the run on defense. I do think the talent and depth have been upgraded. What they do not have is consistency. Dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, offsides, and other dumb penalties. And what that comes down to is focus. Taking things one play at a time and one game at a time is a must. There was a previous article in the PS about Donnie Henderson telling the DBs that its a one play battle. Forget what happened the play before and focus on the task at hand. Doing this is the team's major hurdle. On a side note, glad to see the line is going from left to right Pugh, Chibby, Macky, Trudo, and Hickey. Now if I see a converted 3rd and 1 on Friday night using nothing but brute force I will be a happy man.

If we find a way to lose tomorrow, then we have bigger problems than any of us know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I really think if we win this game against Pitt, it will all be downhill from then. Big IF.

I really think if we win this game against Pitt, it will all be downhill from then. Big IF.

Unfortunately, the reverse is also true: lose, and it's all downhill.

Big game.

It is a day before the game and I am (as usual lately) starting to get that anxious feeling. This team is so schizophrenic it is impossible to forecast excitement or frustration (again). A win would do wonders and I refuse to talk about a loss at this point.

I hope he has saved that all up and actually shows some emotion in the pregame speech.. I'd use it to fire these boys up just before they exit the locker rooms and get into the tunnel. Force the fire and energy! Great post OP.

We have yet to see that type of growth from Syracuse week to week. But this could be seen as a fresh start, because it is the conference opener for the Orange. That has not been lost on the players.

"We are 0-0 in the Big East right now," quarterback Ryan Nassib said. "You look at the first four games as preseason. This is the time we’ve got to make plays. This is the playoffs in college I guess you could say. We have to take what we learned from the first four games and get better."

Looks like someone on the staff/or Ryan himself reads these boards. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom