A question for the recruiting heads on the board | Syracusefan.com

A question for the recruiting heads on the board

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
How many guys are we in the last two or three chioces for at this point with signing day just 12 days away?

i follow lsu pretty closely, including recruiting. what strikes me this year is the consistent talk/assumption that there will be more decommits and shuffling on signing day than ever before. i imagine there will be a trickle down and this will impact us. having more targets than spot could be a very good thing to be ready for this.

Timonen said:
i follow lsu pretty closely, including recruiting. what strikes me this year is the consistent talk/assumption that there will be more decommits and shuffling on signing day than ever before. i imagine there will be a trickle down and this will impact us. having more targets than spot could be a very good thing to be ready for this.
good to hear about demand to be apart of this program. Tim you love down there or just Lsu fan too?

Timonen said:
wife went there and we live in atlanta. i know a lot of people hate on it, but marrying into the sec and living in the middle of the football craziness is a beautiful thing.
as a college football junkie myself would be a dream.

I think this is the priority group:
ward
ishmael
Samuel
enoicy
cordy
Washington
thomas

Last edited:
How many guys are we in the last two or three chioces for at this point with signing day just 12 days away?

Hey storange--I don't mean this as a snarky response [quite the opposite, I offer it as a suggestion], but you should check out the football recruiting board. Lots of great info about all of the prospects we're involved with, and several posts breaking down who we're still involved with, etc.

I'd also expect that we hear about a few commitments this week.

Hey storange--I don't mean this as a snarky response [quite the opposite, I offer it as a suggestion], but you should check out the football recruiting board. Lots of great info about all of the prospects we're involved with, and several posts breaking down who we're still involved with, etc.

I am on the recruiting board quite a bit but just checking to see if anyone had something updated or inside ( not a post I would make during season...slow day post )

Steve Ishmael, WR - SU, Louisville
Denzel Ward, OT - SU, USF
Trumain Washington, S - SU, Louisville
Antwan Cordy, CB - SU, Ga Tech, Duke
Jonathan Thomas, LB - Syracuse, Oklahoma, Georgia, Miami
Kayton Samuels, DT - SU, Boise St
Adly Enoicy, TE - committed to FIU, SU
Jalen Harvey, DT out of AL

Those are some of the kids we're after. Ishmael, Ward and Samuels are the most important IMO.

There are others as well. Going to be a crazy 9 days.

Those are some of the kids we're after. Ishmael, Ward and Samuels are the most important IMO.

I honestly liked Harvey's film better than Samuels. Won't complain either way.

I honestly liked Harvey's film better than Samuels. Won't complain either way.

No doubt, both are big kids that can fill up the A-gap.

I've tried to follow the recruiting board. Honestly, I have. But its tough to navigate through the mountain of comments when all you want to know is 1) how many stars 2) what are his offers and 3) what is his status.

It'd be cool if there was a summary thread pinned at the top of the recruiting board.

I've tried to follow the recruiting board. Honestly, I have. But its tough to navigate through the mountain of comments when all you want to know is 1) how many stars 2) what are his offers and 3) what is his status.

It'd be cool if there was a summary thread pinned at the top of the recruiting board.
Yeah, it's tough for me to follow too, especially when a thread is started on a kid as soon as an offer is extended and just keeps getting longer and longer. I find myself starting at the end and working backward sometimes.

Personally I love the recruiting board. I like that I can scroll down and get an immediate list of prospects that we are trying to get, particularly in football where there is so many. One thing I hope people be careful with in the next couple weeks when things are going to be so hectic is not putting silly posts on there and just stick to the news. I think it will be much easier to follow. (And I admit I am occasionally guilty of this myself in threads)

This is all you need to know. These are the guys we hope to land. Thanks Rocco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom