A reminder... Syracuse is still a football school. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A reminder... Syracuse is still a football school.

There was a time when SU had more football titles, than basketball titles. It was only a short while ago. Basketball only fans are bandwagoners, who will be all over 'Cuse football our next 9 or 10 win season.
Oh Lord

Wow, this is some new form of trolling. Its like incest trolling. we are arguing with ourselves.

Wow, this is some new form of trolling. Its like incest trolling. we are arguing with ourselves.

It is truly odd. I just don't get it. Take pride in our three-sport accomplishments. There is no other school with National Championships in Basketball, Football and Lacrosse is there? Much less >650 football l wins >1800 hoops wins and the near-yankee-like dominance of lax.

I am for one am hopeful that in 33 more year Doug Marrone is still coaching the football team and has won 75% of the games he's coached, i'll leave it at that. We'll see what the ACC move $$$ does for football and winning I think will win back some of those that we lost in the days of 49-0 62-0 and 51-0 before Gumpy even got here.

It is truly odd. I just don't get it. Take pride in our three-sport accomplishments. There is no other school with National Championships in Basketball, Football and Lacrosse is there? Much less >650 football l wins >1800 hoops wins and the near-yankee-like dominance of lax.

I am for one am hopeful that in 33 more year Doug Marrone is still coaching the football team and has won 75% of the games he's coached, i'll leave it at that. We'll see what the ACC move $$$ does for football and winning I think will win back some of those that we lost in the days of 49-0 62-0 and 51-0 before Gumpy even got here.

Lax Champs:

Syracuse (11), 1959 Football Championship, 2003 Basketball Championship
Johns Hopkins (9). No other D1 Championships
Princeton (6), 1925 Helms Basketball Championship, 28 claimed Football National Championships(none since 1950)
Virginia (5), No other D1 Championships
UNC (4), 1924 Helms Basketball Championship, 5 NCAA Basketball Titles, No Football Championships
Cornell (3), No Basketball Championships, 5 claimed Football National Championships (none since 1939)
Maryland (2), 2002 Basketball Championship, 1951 claimed Football National Champions
Duke (1), 4 NCAA Basketball Championships, No Football Championships

So we do (sort of) lay a singular claim to championships in all 3.

The bottom line is, much like the mid 80s, Derrick Coleman could still beat the snot bubbles out of our football players, any other college's football players, and Paul Harris. He's also the only man alive that could make it past the opening bell in a fight with Chuck Norris.

Syracuse University is a fantastic sports school. It's a football school from July to December, a basketball school from January to March and a lacrosse school from March to June.

What it really needs to concentrate on is being ranked as a Playboy party school. Screw the NCAA, the Association of American Universities, Princeton Review, US News, and all of those pansy academic and professional rankings, it's the Playboy party ranking that counts.

What is the purpose of this thread? I'm a fan of both, and choosing between them would be like saying I love one of my kids more than the other. Football had earlier success but has never been as consistant as the basketball program. During the 90's when the basketball team was a bit down the football team enjoyed an era of nice success. From '87 to '91 we had great overlapped success. Stop trying to pick meaningless fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom