A Rutgers Fan's Perspective | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A Rutgers Fan's Perspective

This is UNBELIEVEABLE. Also WHY could I not see this replay on our huge scoreboard??????? WHAT A JOKE! Something has to be done, right? Is there a process of filing complaints? I get it doesnt mean shi* now, but at least tell us they were wrong!
Yup.

If we score a TD there, I like our chances to win the game. We dominated them in the first half with nothing to show for it on the board.

ehhhh Dino has to be smarter than that. The guy ran almost all the way into the middle of the field. That’s what got him the penalty. Not what he said

In a critical game spot like that you have to be smarter than that.

It was easily one of the worst called games I've seen in recent memory, and that should be included in any recap of the game. Irrespective of Dino running onto the field or not. There were easily 6-7 significant bad calls or no calls that went against us that directly affected the outcome of drives for both teams.

It was easily one of the worst called games I've seen in recent memory, and that should be included in any recap of the game. Irrespective of Dino running onto the field or not. There were easily 6-7 significant bad calls or no calls that went against us that directly affected the outcome of drives for both teams.

Im def not saying there weren’t…..

But this call was an easy one to make. They’ve said that they were going to enforce coaches going on to the field….and they did…

Trust me, there was some awful calls….on the flip side, we should have been so much better than Rutgers that it wouldn’t and shouldn’t have mattered

Either way, on to the next game, can’t keep dwelling on bad calls by the refs

Im def not saying there weren’t…..

But this call was an easy one to make. They’ve said that they were going to enforce coaches going on to the field….and they did…

Trust me, there was some awful calls….on the flip side, we should have been so much better than Rutgers that it wouldn’t and shouldn’t have mattered

Either way, on to the next game, can’t keep dwelling on bad calls by the refs
Can't - but there should be some sort of protest process for NCAA football like you have for MLB. If there's no repercussions for this ref crew for what transpired on Saturday then what's to say they don't do it again?

Can't - but there should be some sort of protest process for NCAA football like you have for MLB. If there's no repercussions for this ref crew for what transpired on Saturday then what's to say they don't do it again?

Not wrong there.

I am sure there are some type of discussions occurring, also need the ACC to step up for us

also with big 10 officials - they know what to expect with schiano. If you scream like a lunatic all game - that's the bar for you. If you're mostly calm - that's the bar.

So Dino going onto the field is out of the norm, he gets the flag. Not really a shock, just hard to swallow when we Syracuse fans see the comparison.

also with big 10 officials - they know what to expect with schiano. If you scream like a lunatic all game - that's the bar for you. If you're mostly calm - that's the bar.

So Dino going onto the field is out of the norm, he gets the flag. Not really a shock, just hard to swallow when we Syracuse fans see the comparison.
I think it's also important to remember the context - Dino goes on the field after (shocking) yet another questionable call by the refs that directly affected the outcome of a drive, flagging for unsportsmanlike on Mikel Jones tackle which the ref deemed was a body slam (it wasn't). That's what caused Dino to go on the field in the first place.

• 3rd & 14 at SYR 22​

(7:22 - 3rd) Vedral,Noah pass complete to Jones,Shameen for 8 yards to the SYR14 (Jones,Mikel) PENALTY RUT Holding offsetting SYR Personal Foul offsetting. NO PLAY.

That penalty isn't called on Mikel Jones, Rutgers has 3rd and 24 at the SYR 32, more than likely best case scenario for them is a long FG try, if that. Instead after getting a first down following the unsportsmanlike on Dino they score their first TD. Even if Dino doesn't go on the field they get a retry on 3rd and 14 because of it and maintain at worst reasonable FG position.

ehhhh Dino has to be smarter than that. The guy ran almost all the way into the middle of the field. That’s what got him the penalty. Not what he said

In a critical game spot like that you have to be smarter than that.

I have zero problem with what HCDB did. I want our coaches to sometimes lose their sht over egregiously bad calls. It was a culmination of bad calls that spurred it. Can't blame him at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom