A Salute to Tyus Battle and Rak | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A Salute to Tyus Battle and Rak

Key to next season is Brissett. The last time we had forwards as tall and athletic as Brissett/Bazley was probably the Joseph/Fair/Southerland years, and we were very good with those guys. I think Brissett and Bazley are even more skilled than that group, or have the potential to be, at least. I think Brissett is more likely to leave than return for his sophomore season. If he returns, we will be very, very good.

If Brissett can shoot 36% from three he’ll be a top 10 pick and we’ll be back to talking about 26-30 wins

Rak is the classic story of a guy who kept working to improve his game every year. By the time he was a senior, he dominated the paint. Still a favorite player.

Tyus could easily pull an OG Anunoby in the pros.

College stats are irrelevant.
It’s can you play with pros.
Battle can play with pros. He has literally tri-carried this team and the coaching he will get in the pros will be better for him to survive.

College coaching and pro coaching are miles apart and that isn’t a knock on JB as he treats his players like pros but in the pros kids can get unlimited coaching if they want it in college they don’t get much coaching it’s all about the next game.

Not saying its his only shot but theres a lot of potential risks that come with putting the pros off for a year that him and his family may deem not worth taking.

I think the NBA is putting him off for a year, he's just not there.

While I am fairly certain Battle will leave, I also am fairly certain that he isn't ready. Most assessments say he doesn't have the outside shot nor the ability to create his shot in the NBA, and I agree.
But as has happened waaay too many times before with Cuse underclassmen, he will most likely opt out. And that's too bad. With him, SU is a Top 10 juggernaut. Without him, SU is a better team than the last two years, but not Top 10.

I also sense that Carey will be more than ready to go at PG, and that Howard will move to SG, spelling Carey at the point. And Washington will spell them both...