A simple stat that speaks volumes | Syracusefan.com

A simple stat that speaks volumes

Eric15

Living Legend
Jimmy averaged 30.6 mpg his final year at Cornell. Here he is averaging 34.2 mpg.

On what planet does an Ivy League-caliber player increase their playing time going from Low/Mid-Major to Syracuse?

To be clear, I'm not saying Jimmy can't play at this level. He can. But in a rational world he should be in a 2010 Kris Joseph role playing 15-20 min or so off the bench to provide a spark.

Last edited:
Jimmy averaged 30.6 mpg his final year at Cornell. Here is he averaging 34.2 mpg.

On what planet does an Ivy League-caliber player increase their playing time going from Mid-Major to Syracuse?
After a year off as well. Not practicing with our squad like redshirt Wes, but just off.

Jimmy averaged 30.6 mpg his final year at Cornell. Here is he averaging 34.2 mpg.

On what planet does an Ivy League-caliber player increase their playing time going from Mid-Major to Syracuse?
I don’t want to look it up because I am lazy now but did Quincy average more minutes last year than Jimmy now?

I don’t want to look it up because I am lazy now but did Quincy average more minutes last year than Jimmy now?
Q averaged 32.9 mpg per game last year.

This is what I posted several weeks ago.

Carmelo played 36 minutes a game. And may be one of the best players we have ever had.

Derrick Coleman played between 30-35 mpg (30, 32, 33, 35 respectively).

Wes Johnson 35 minutes

Lawrence Moten played 33-35 (33, 32, 34, 35 respectively)

Gerry McNamara 35-36 (35, 36, 35, 35 respectively).

Some of the best and most productive players we have ever had. And none of them averaged over 36 mins per game.

And now, we have guys that are not even close to the players I listed above playing the same, if not more minutes per game.

not sure why we even debate it anymore. he is playing jimmy so much because its his son. jb doesnt care. i just dont think anyones done it on this high of a level. usually this is middle school stuff.
He plays Jimmy more because he’s convinced himself that Benny isn’t very good, it’s that simple. I know Benny said he’s sticking it out here but how can someone sit on the bench and watch this game in and game out and not want to bail?

not sure why we even debate it anymore. he is playing jimmy so much because its his son. jb doesnt care. i just dont think anyones done it on this high of a level. usually this is middle school stuff.

Oh, please.

He’s playing Jimmy a lot because Benny just doesn’t contribute consistently enough to earn more PT.

In a perfect world, Benny comes in like OSB or Quincy or hell, Mali or Lydon or Battle -
And he’s good enough to earn 20+ minutes a game.

Which then reduces Jimmy & Coles minutes.

We’ve got 3 Forwards, and 80 minutes between them.
By default, if Benny can’t play well enough to get more of them, then they must go to Jimmy &/or Cole.

Oh, please.

He’s playing Jimmy a lot because Benny just doesn’t contribute consistently enough to earn more PT.

In a perfect world, Benny comes in like OSB or Quincy or hell, Mali or Lydon or Battle -

By default, if Benny can’t play well enough to get more of them, then they must go to Jimmy &/or Cole.

Benny outplayed both forwards tonight and got less minutes than both what is your reason tonight?

Last edited:
He plays Jimmy more because he’s convinced himself that Benny isn’t very good, it’s that simple. I know Benny said he’s sticking it out here but how can someone sit on the bench and watch this game in and game out and not want to bail?
Agreed. But sadly this is also be design, since JB decided that he only needed 3 forwards on the roster in total. So when your five star doesn’t turn out to be Carmelo from day one… the Ivy League kid and the Nova benchwarmer, who the coach 100% believes in, get all the minutes.

Benny outplayed both forwards tonight and get less minutes than both what is your reason tonight?
A player earns his way into JB’s second half rotation in practice. We may not like it, but he’s done that for years. For whatever reason, Benny still hasn’t earned it in JB’s eyes.

Oh, please.

Have to disagree with you on this tonight. Benny was playing well and Jimmy was playing horribly.

A player earns his way into JB’s second half rotation in practice. We may not like it, but he’s done that for years. For whatever reason, Benny still hasn’t earned it in JB’s eyes.

Cool he can get ready for the worst record of his career because of it. At least Cole and Jimmy try the hardest in practice and suck in the games

Cool he can get ready for the worst record of his career because of it. At least Cole and Jimmy try the hardest in practice and suck in the games
Jimmy has been good in games. But not tonight.

Benny is terrible this year; likely the most overhyped freshman we’ve ever had. Jimmy’s the best PF we have this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom