A simple stat that speaks volumes | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

A simple stat that speaks volumes

on 3.6 FGA.

Regardless, I don't think anyone is thinking he's the difference between a 7-7 record and a 12-2 record.

This team is flawed from 1-4 and repeating a lot of the same mistakes from previous seasons, only more so. Mainly square pegs in round holes and non-super star players getting lots of superstar minutes.
I would think he would get up shots more frequently if he played 25-30 minutes per game and was integrated into the flow of the offense. He would almost have to, as right now he's a more reluctant shooter than Marek was. The same with his rebounding numbers.

I would think he would get up shots more frequently if he played 25-30 minutes per game and was integrated into the flow of the offense. He would almost have to, as right now he's a more reluctant shooter than Marek was. The same with his rebounding numbers.
I actually figured he would be better around the rim and driving, but that's almost non-existent and 25% of his FGA are 3s.

Cool he can get ready for the worst record of his career because of it. At least Cole and Jimmy try the hardest in practice and suck in the games
Just curious, how do you know who tries the hardest in practice?

I'll repeat my old standby.

In the national championship game, John Wallace sat...

for J.B. Reafsnyder.

Everyone needs some on-bench learning, to say nothing of rest.

There's a direct correlation between the coach's change in philosophy and the program's regression.
Yeah but John was in serious foul trouble that night and ended up fouling out

His role is to be a quality starter and give Benny time to adjust and then come in as a 6th man when Benny is ready and not throw a tantrum fit about it, like some other talented portal guy might do.
You can’t possibly know any of this! It’s just your fantasy, not based on any reason or evidence. If I am wrong please share what you KNOW, not what you speculate.

Anytime I've ever mentioned Rick Pitino taking over (not from everybody here), I always seem to see negative feedback. Rick would do a complete 180 with Syracuse.
Pitino is a scumbag and I don't want to see him on wesring orange.

You can’t possibly know any of this! It’s just your fantasy, not based on any reason or evidence. If I am wrong please share what you KNOW, not what you speculate.
If James starts all season, then I was wrong in this assumption, OK? And if James starts all season, I will cease to be a staunch Boeheim supporter.

Just because there's some Benny talk in this thread. I went back to look at some of the posts in his recruiting thread. jdubs30 with the prediction of the year.

Benny is terrible this year; likely the most overhyped freshman we’ve ever had. Jimmy’s the best PF we have this year.
that doesnt mean theres a big gap between the two, though

To be fair, most teams don't run out 13 scholarship players. The difference between Duke's 8th man and SU's 8th man this season is just 20 minutes total minutes. SU and Arizona? 9 minutes. Hop and JAB? SU +59 minutes.

BUT and I have been harping on this for years is that JAB has been deficient in roster management and people blamed sanctions. Or players leaving early. This is how he wanted the team constructed. That's how he wanted the teams in the past constructed.
I firmly believe that it's hard for guys to get better practicing against non-scholarship players.

At a bare minimum you should be able to scrimmage 5 on 5 with players in their natural positions and be able to experiment with realistic lineup options.

I firmly believe that it's hard for guys to get better practicing against non-scholarship players.

At a bare minimum you should be able to scrimmage 5 on 5 with players in their natural positions and be able to experiment with realistic lineup options.
Wish I had said something like that. ;-)

I was lucky enough to attend the game and sit very close last night. Like many of you, I’m heartbroken over this year‘s team and the downward spiral over the past several years. I do not post much because I don’t know anything and generally have no useful information to add. That being said, here are a couple observations:

Edwards had a very good game for large stretches. Not perfect, but he was our best player by far last night. Guess who was the only one being yelled at during every time out? I’m glad I at least got to tell him good game last night in person, that was pretty cool.

I thought Williams played very well defensively in the first half and like many of you said, should have earned more minutes in the second half. You all know why he didn’t play though. I was happy for him in the first half though. At least he looked like he belonged.

I refuse to call out any players on my favorite team by name on the internet for myriad reasons. But in person, in my limited view, one of our starting five stood out as not belonging on the court with the other nine players. To me, this was glaringly obvious. Another one of our starting five appeared as though he simply can not dribble the ball! I was shocked at how obvious this was in person.

Did Anselem even play? If not (I suspect not), did anyone say why? Just curious.

The Miami players were actually laughing at us in the second half. Ugh. And dear Miami, thanks for explicitly lying about mask enforcement and social distancing during the event. And the way people get around wearing masks by holding a water bottle or beer the entire game is a joke. I wish Miami believed in COVID (I cannot believe I’m even using this sort of language to describe a freaking virus), but they never have and never will.

If Banchero played on Syracuse and started and James came off the bench, how many loses would the team have? 0? 1? 2? Now I'm not saying Benny is as good as PB, but I'm not saying he isn't either. He is behind in his development to PB, but he has everything to be just as good, including and especially his intelligence.
What is this post?

Are we awarding participation trophies next?

The Miami players were actually laughing at us in the second half. Ugh. And dear Miami, thanks for explicitly lying about mask enforcement and social distancing during the event. And the way people get around wearing masks by holding a water bottle or beer the entire game is a joke. I wish Miami believed in COVID (I cannot believe I’m even using this sort of language to describe a freaking virus), but they never have and never will.

Miami had some fans in the courtside seats that looked like they were being absolutely obnoxious. Like standing up and clapping the ear of our player trying to inbound the ball. There was also a dude in a gray and white shirt that I wanted to punch.

I was lucky enough to attend the game and sit very close last night. Like many of you, I’m heartbroken over this year‘s team and the downward spiral over the past several years. I do not post much because I don’t know anything and generally have no useful information to add. That being said, here are a couple observations:

Edwards had a very good game for large stretches. Not perfect, but he was our best player by far last night. Guess who was the only one being yelled at during every time out? I’m glad I at least got to tell him good game last night in person, that was pretty cool.

I thought Williams played very well defensively in the first half and like many of you said, should have earned more minutes in the second half. You all know why he didn’t play though. I was happy for him in the first half though. At least he looked like he belonged.

I refuse to call out any players on my favorite team by name on the internet for myriad reasons. But in person, in my limited view, one of our starting five stood out as not belonging on the court with the other nine players. To me, this was glaringly obvious. Another one of our starting five appeared as though he simply can not dribble the ball! I was shocked at how obvious this was in person.

Did Anselem even play? If not (I suspect not), did anyone say why? Just curious.

Please post more often.
Opinions, perspectives, observations, whatever. It's all just editorial discussion.

Miami had some fans in the courtside seats that looked like they were being absolutely obnoxious. Like standing up and clapping the ear of our player trying to inbound the ball. There was also a dude in a gray and white shirt that I wanted to punch.
I don’t think I’ve ever attended a game where every time I cheered for our guys, the opposing fans turned and glared at me like I was the devil. Obviously it didn’t affect my behavior- the opposite actually. But I mean, What? I’m a Cuse fan and all I was doing was saying “Good shot Joe, good rebound Jesse, good defense Benny!” It’s not like I was saying anything cruel or obnoxious. Very odd…

I think the guy you are referring to was sitting directly in front of me. I was very close to getting into it with him as the buzzer sounded..

Last edited:
There is more to the game than ppg.
True, but does his rebounding offset the points. What about his +/-. And that is the point isn't it, is he truly a viable alternative to the current forwards for as much as 20 minutes a game or more. Or is it wishful thinking by the messes who want answers. I would like it to be but is it?

Its also obvious on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom