A simple stat that speaks volumes | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

A simple stat that speaks volumes

I was lucky enough to attend the game and sit very close last night. Like many of you, I’m heartbroken over this year‘s team and the downward spiral over the past several years. I do not post much because I don’t know anything and generally have no useful information to add. That being said, here are a couple observations:

Edwards had a very good game for large stretches. Not perfect, but he was our best player by far last night. Guess who was the only one being yelled at during every time out? I’m glad I at least got to tell him good game last night in person, that was pretty cool.

I thought Williams played very well defensively in the first half and like many of you said, should have earned more minutes in the second half. You all know why he didn’t play though. I was happy for him in the first half though. At least he looked like he belonged.

I refuse to call out any players on my favorite team by name on the internet for myriad reasons. But in person, in my limited view, one of our starting five stood out as not belonging on the court with the other nine players. To me, this was glaringly obvious. Another one of our starting five appeared as though he simply can not dribble the ball! I was shocked at how obvious this was in person.

Did Anselem even play? If not (I suspect not), did anyone say why? Just curious.

The Miami players were actually laughing at us in the second half. Ugh. And dear Miami, thanks for explicitly lying about mask enforcement and social distancing during the event. And the way people get around wearing masks by holding a water bottle or beer the entire game is a joke. I wish Miami believed in COVID (I cannot believe I’m even using this sort of language to describe a freaking virus), but they never have and never will.
Thanks for the in-person perspective!
Awesome that you got a moment, post-game, with Jesse!
IMO he’s our best player making a difference on both D & O!

I feel too that Bennie and Symir both need more playing time to develop.

Once again, we got out coached. We need help bringing up the ball against pressure when Jo is at the point!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom