A suggestion to everyone..,. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A suggestion to everyone..,.

It all starts with MCW. I love watching him play.

Still worried about the 4 and 5 consistently...more specifically Coleman. Not playing to where I thought he would.

As far as Grant...we shall see if he's playing in Jan and Feb.

Sorry to sound negative. Not meaning to. Trying to tame huge optimism.
I think Coleman will be more effective against bigger bodies. Still needs to set up closer to the hoop. He's not putting the ball on the floor out of habit, it's out of necessity.

Agree that those positions are a concern, but our depth gives us options.

Pour yourself a beverage of your choice, kick back in your favorite chair and enjoy this team. As much fun as last years team was, there were a ton of frustrating moments.

Watching this team play at its peak is pure enjoyment.

IMO, it all starts at the point. MCW. Enjoy him whole you can. Without a doubt the best playmaker at point since Sherman.

His play opens everything up for the test of the team. Run the floor, present yourself and he will find you.

If we get consistent contributions from grant and Cooney. We are going to be a major player in march. And if Coleman starts to contribute...wow.

Love. This. Team.
I wish we had a disagree button. Only the part about last years team. And I think the 2010 team would take this team.

I wish we had a disagree button. Only the part about last years team. And I think the 2010 team would take this team.
2010 team was good for that year. This team is better than that team.

Southerland has another poor offensive game and we still blow LBS off the floor. This is a very good TEAM.

Fab melo not showing up for the tourney ranks #1 on my all-time "things that us that was completely within our control" list.

Worse than DCs fts, worse that giving up the smart shot, worse than Moten's T.

That and watching scoop play pg was enough to nearly kill my will.

Not to mention all the off the court crap with Bernie.

Fab melo not showing up for the tourney ranks #1 on my all-time "things that ****** us that was completely within our control" list.

Worse than DCs fts, worse that giving up the smart shot, worse than Moten's T.

Not to mention all the off the court crap with Bernie.

and yet we almost went undefeated. Last year was unreal.

We could be great. I now am leaning toward the belief that JB erred with the Scoop/MCW decision last year.

That said, this isn't better than the 87, 89, or 10 teams. But could still win.

MCW - possible National Player of the Year candidate? He's got to be in that discussion at this point.

Wow, you've been a fan for that long and Scoop bothered you that much? I'll never understand the criticism that kid takes here to this day.

That said, I agree with pretty much everything else. Fun team and MCW is truly a really fun player to watch. Will be interesting to see how we handle teams that slow us down and throw a steady diet of zone at us.

I think the one thing that everyone has to keep in mind regarding the scoop / mcw thing last year is this. Ask yourself this question. Could mcw and Dion co-exist over the long haul? Not sure that dynamic would have worked.

2010 team was good for that year. This team is better than that team.

I hate these arguments b/c they are pointless yet I get sucked into them. But Onuaku > Coleman, RJ > Christmas, Johnson > Fair and Rautins > Triche, IMO. I really don't think MCW is so good -- and yes, he is truly a really special player -- that he covers all those disadvantages.

I think the one thing that everyone has to keep in mind regarding the scoop / mcw thing last year is this. Ask yourself this question. Could mcw and Dion co-exist over the long haul? Not sure that dynamic would have worked.

Yeah and people love the argument that not playing more minutes hindered MCW's development in some way. I never buy that -- part of MCW's early success is all the work he got in practice, the S&C program and the film room last year. I agree he would have been great last season too, but I'm sure the MCW we're seeing this season is better than last season's vintage.

I hate these arguments b/c they are pointless yet I get sucked into them. But Onuaku > Coleman, RJ > Christmas, Johnson > Fair and Rautins > Triche, IMO. I really don't think MCW is so good -- and yes, he is truly a really special player -- that he covers all those disadvantages.

I also hate these arguements, but cannot help myself either.

The biggest difference between the '10 team and the '13 team is depth. We only went 7 deep in '10 and we have gone 9 deep so far in '12-13. Coleman and Xmas are both likely pro prospects, while Arinze and RJ (as much as I liked both players) did not have that level of talent. Wes was special and I agree he is a better player than Fair. Rautins was one of my favorite players and I would take him as a Senior over Triche as a Senior. However, Triche is solid and would hardly be considered a weakness on this year's team. PG play on the '10 was a weakness. Freshman Triche and Sophmore Scoop were serviceable at the point but are not even close to the production we are getting out of MCW. MCW is a great player and every bit as dominant as Wes was in 2010. We don't lose much when we sub and depending on the match-up, sometimes this year's team gets better when Southerland, Grant, Keita or Cooney come into the game. The '10 team had Joseph and Scoop, but absolutely nothing after that.

Pour yourself a beverage of your choice, kick back in your favorite chair and enjoy this team. As much fun as last years team was, there were a ton of frustrating moments.

Watching this team play at its peak is pure enjoyment.

IMO, it all starts at the point. MCW. Enjoy him whole you can. Without a doubt the best playmaker at point since Sherman.

His play opens everything up for the test of the team. Run the floor, present yourself and he will find you.

If we get consistent contributions from grant and Cooney. We are going to be a major player in march. And if Coleman starts to contribute...wow.

Love. This. Team.
Quite honestly, I kicked back in my favorite chair and enjoyed, very much, last year's team. Only I was pouring my choice beverages for very different reasons. It was either to escape the off-court, season-long crap that surrounded the team or to drown out the sport announcers commentary-blowjobs that they gave UK and Coach Cal on a nightly basis. And of course the dreaded news on the eve of the tourney prompted a few extra, ill-advised shots of tequila.

But when it was just basketball, SU vs. whomever, it was wonderful to watch.

This year has been and will continue to be a lot of fun to watch because of MCW but also because (knock on wood) we get to focus on the games and the development of our players on and off the court.

MCW can lead this team to the Final Four for sure. I'm also impressed with Keita game in and game out and love seeing Triche play strong, confident and in full control. Looking at how this team rebounds as compared to last year’s is simply incredible and that in itself may turn a couple would-be losses in victories and possible close margins into blowouts. I see Christmas improving every game and even playing with some passion and fire from time to time. Southerland will make some highlight reels and have some outstanding games, likely tempered with some nonexistent performances and Fair will keep doing pretty much everything, quietly making big plays whether he earns the post-game interviews or not.

Carter-Williams would not have changed or improved the outcome of last year's result and this team is not better than 2010, not yet anyway. Coleman and Cooney will determine that by season’s end. But this is already a fantastic team, fully capable of beating anyone in the country and we will absolutely continue to get better.

So, cheers... here's to Atlanta in April and the enjoyable journey we'll take to get there.

Still worried about the 4 and 5 consistently...more specifically Coleman. Not playing to where I thought he would.

I've seen very encouraging and impressive stuff from all nine at various times, including the three bigs, but I'm starting to feel that "Final Four or bust" vibe coming on around here, and that's making me a bit uncomfortable on December 7.

This team has played only seven games and has yet to be really tested. We have several very inexperienced pieces (including MCW) who will soon run up against some very good teams and it likely won't always be easy for them. I'm excited about the possibilities of where this team can go because of the experienced core (Triche, CJ, Southy, Keita), the special talents of MCW and the way they get at it defensively, but still see a team with much room to grow, especially offensively. I'm willing to wait and experience the ride, bumps and all.

That 2010 team lost to a shitty UL team twice.

Triche also started on that 2010 team and he is leaps and bounds better now. This team hasn't even hit its full potential yet either.

The 2010 team was definitely better at this point in the season. This team has the potential to be much better by the end of the season, however.

Will be fun watching JB cut the nets down again.
i'l be ready to aplogize. nothing would make me happier. we ha 9 deep and the b est player

Do you mean MCW playing in front of both Scoop and Dion? Hadn't thought about the idea that one of the big reasons that Dion was willing to take a 6th man role might have been because it was sold to him that he was playing behind Scoop and a starting role would come at Scoop's expense.

No, you're right. Nice to see everyone optimistic, but there are things to be tightened up. Offensive production at the five is one of them. Not having the starting backcourt shoot 8-26 is another (imagine the meltdown we'd have seen if last season's guards did that). And transition defense is still a concern, especially when Triche isn't in the game.

Other than Christmas and Grant's active minutes and Cooney's emergence, the most positive takeaway from last night is the rebounding. We did a fantastic job against a team with some size. When's the last time we've gotten 50 rebounds against anyone?

Wow, you've been a fan for that long and Scoop bothered you that much? I'll never understand the criticism that kid takes here to this day.

That said, I agree with pretty much everything else. Fun team and MCW is truly a really fun player to watch. Will be interesting to see how we handle teams that slow us down and throw a steady diet of zone at us.

Scoop was terrific last season. We were great because of him, not in spite of him. (I know you've been banging that drum for a couple years now.)

We could be great. I now am leaning toward the belief that JB erred with the Scoop/MCW decision last year.

That said, this isn't better than the 87, 89, or 10 teams. But could still win.

I disagree. True freshman with good upside but no experience and in my opinion would have had a rough go come Big East play. Senior that has been inconsistent in the past but you know what your getting and have seen improvement and is a leader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom