A suggestion to everyone..,. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

A suggestion to everyone..,.

Going back to the original post by Jake, I agree with what he says. But the thing about last year, and last years team, is I think there will never be a season as fun and frustrating at the same time. That team withstood more than I hope any team ever has to overcome again. And they stood together. That is what was special about last years team. How many times could they have fallen apart? It seems that the more adversity that was thrown their way, the more it brought them together. And we know TEAM wins the championships not one great player. Last year was a TEAM to the core. I do see that in this years team also. But all of the drama of last year, and the long, long undefeated streak...come on that was special...never to be duplicated again.

on the other hand, Ricky's numbers are for an entire season - including especially conference play, while Roc's are for just 7 games against mostly overmatched opponents. I'd probably give the edge to Ricky at the moment, but I expect the gap will narrow as the season goes along and we see the continuing improvement you predict.
\
I think this is the missing piece.

Also, don't forget, Rak has better efficiency numbers but he's also shooting the ball a lot less frequently than Rick did. Rick took about 19% of our shots when he was on the floor, and Rak is below 15. If Rak was shooting as much as Rick did I think you can bring those efficiency numbers down.

It all starts with MCW. I love watching him play.

Still worried about the 4 and 5 consistently...more specifically Coleman. Not playing to where I thought he would.

As far as Grant...we shall see if he's playing in Jan and Feb.

Sorry to sound negative. Not meaning to. Trying to tame huge optimism.

Grant is a killer !!! If we haven't seen his upside yet, we are in for the team of the CENTURY !!!

My prediction: Grant will be the best kept secret in the Big East & all college basketball. He might be the final piece to our Championship puzzle.

Forget Jan & Feb, he WILL BE playing in APRIL !!! AND WINNING !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom