a unc win tonite | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

a unc win tonite

There should never be another college game that goes to OT6.
3 or 4 tonight would be great, but even a single OT will be adequate for SU's needs.
I could live with 2 or 3. But no more than that. :D

Before we lost I wanted Duke to win a 6 or 7 overtime affair. Now I want UNC to win in 10 over times, since it'll tire Duke out and give us more of a cushion in the ACC standings.

We could really use a Duke loss - I'm hoping they lose - at the same time if we were good enough I would only have to worry about what we do but that's unfortunately not the case

Carolina has a great chance to win this game. They are playing very well, this is their rival, and it's at the dean dome. It's gonna be a close one but I like unc to pull it out in the end.

I want to root against Duke but what does a loss really do here? I'm just throwing around scenario's in my head:

- If we go 2-1 on this road trip, that's probably good enough for MSG regardless of tonight.*
- If we go 1-2 we're going to need to do some work in the ACCT regardless of tonight.

* I suppose there will be an argument if we lose to them twice. And I'm obviously assuming GaTech&FSU wins which is of course silly.

Can't help but think last night's debacle minimized tonight's importance. I think with a W last night & a Duke loss tonight we'd be a virtual lock for the East #1.

I want to root against Duke but what does a loss really do here? I'm just throwing around scenario's in my head:

- If we go 2-1 on this road trip, that's probably good enough for MSG regardless of tonight.*
- If we go 1-2 we're going to need to do some work in the ACCT regardless of tonight.

* I suppose there will be an argument if we lose to them twice. And I'm obviously assuming GaTech&FSU wins which is of course silly.

Can't help but think last night's debacle minimized tonight's importance. I think with a W last night & a Duke loss tonight we'd be a virtual lock for the East #1.

to me duke is out of the running for a 1 seed if they lose tonite, or very close to being out of the running. if they win tonite and beat us saturday they're our biggest competition for east 1. so might as well hope they lose tonite to eliminate them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom