A. White, J. Gillon, and C. McCullough on ESPNEWS now.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

A. White, J. Gillon, and C. McCullough on ESPNEWS now..

Can still go to school, can play overseas, etc.

I'll never understand why this board makes going overseas seem like it's a great backup option. I personally know a few guys playing outside of the U.S. and some have never been paid by their club and others, literally play year round throughout the world to put together a decent annual salary. Very few guys are cashing out like that. There's a huge anti American bias there as well.

I'll never understand why this board makes going overseas seem like it's a great backup option. I personally know a few guys playing outside of the U.S. and some have never been paid by their club and others, literally play year round throughout the world to put together a decent annual salary. Very few guys are cashing out like that. There's a huge anti American bias there as well.
Then again, not every overseas opportunity is as you describe.

Yeah playing basketball for a living sounds awful.

There's only so many NBA roster spots.

Yes, read about Brandon Jennings who thought out of high school that he too was creating a new and very lucrative path overseas for high schoolers whose goal is the NBA, not college. He said he wasn’t getting paid, where you get only limited minutes because everyone plays, the issues with language barrier not only off the court but on it, so much time on your own in a foreign environment where the coaches have no incentive to develop your game etc.
Brandon Jennings Sends Home a Warning From Europe

Yes, read about Brandon Jennings who thought out of high school that he too was creating a new and very lucrative path overseas for high schoolers whose goal is the NBA, not college. He said he wasn’t getting paid, where you get only limited minutes because everyone plays, the issues with language barrier not only off the court but on it, so much time on your own in a foreign environment where the coaches have no incentive to develop your game etc.
Probably not the ideal route for an 18-year-old to take to the NBA, but he got there on his desired schedule as the 10th pick in the draft and has earned over $40 million in the league to date.

And ended up making $1.2m for his troubles.

FREE. Syracuse (and most other universities) lets former athletes come back and finish their degree for FREE.

"Nothing a month? I think I can swing that!" ;)

Syracuse looked at setting up a scholarship fund for early entries types but not sure it went anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom