AAM | Syracusefan.com

AAM

DeGrozz

All American
I'm guessing he is going to be taking a redshirt. Is there any evidence that would indicate that he wouldn't?

I'm guessing he is going to be taking a redshirt. Is there any evidence that would indicate that he wouldn't?

With Gulley out, I don't think there's a very good chance we see a redshirt. I think theres a better chance we see him against Tulane than see a redshirt. Just my gut

we really should be able to handle tulane easily..i dont know if i would burn his redshirt just to get him some garbage time carries..

we really should be able to handle tulane easily..i dont know if i would burn his redshirt just to get him some garbage time carries..

There are 7 games left on the schedule. This isn't game 11. We either continually pound Antwon into the ground or we try to develop a viable change of pace back. Now I have no idea how he's performing in practice, I'm just going off of August camps report. If he's progressing and shedding a few lbs, I see no reason not to try to get him involved in this offense. It certainly seems to need some help. Maybe he'll be a spark.

There are 7 games left on the schedule. This isn't game 11. We either continually pound Antwon into the ground or we try to develop a viable change of pace back. Now I have no idea how he's performing in practice, I'm just going off of August camps report. If he's progressing and shedding a few lbs, I see no reason not to try to get him involved in this offense. It certainly seems to need some help. Maybe he'll be a spark.

Totally agree. The light is not on yet for Jerome so Moore has every opportunity to grab this now if he's ready.

But isn't Smith still ahead of him on the depth chart and Smith has limited touches? (I'm guessing fewer than a dozen, though I'd guess fewer than five this season) I would think that if Antwon loses carries AAM isn't even next in line to take them.

The staff has to make a decision this week. Either get about 10 carries vs Tulane for Smith and a few to Rene, or give them to AAM. We need to establish a RB rotation and get experience for whomever is in the rotation. If they are happy giving Smith significant carries going forward then RS AAM. But I think if that were the case would would have seen more of Smith already.

But isn't Smith still ahead of him on the depth chart and Smith has limited touches? (I'm guessing fewer than a dozen, though I'd guess fewer than five this season) I would think that if Antwon loses carries AAM isn't even next in line to take them.

Who's to say that Jerome Smith doesn't lose his role as #2? He's not exactly rolling up yards in his limited touches. Not to mention the fact that its certainly not optimal to only play 2 RBs for the remainder of the year. Even last year, Gulley got some carries alongside Carter and Bailey. I don't see any reason to not at least give Ameen-Moore a shot (again, this is assuming he's progressing in practice obviously)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom