AB | Syracusefan.com

AB

Grabberorang

Taco and portal enthusiast
AB looked great in the few touches he got. He's so athletic and big. Cant wait to see how his career play out.

My first thought when he caught the ball was he resembled Terrelle (sp?) Pryor. Tall, lanky, strong legs, seems like he is running in slow motion because of his long strides. He is going to be good, and hopefully does better in the classroom so we don't get any speeches of "errybody murder people, steal from you steal from me, whateva." :bang:

Ash was on the field for 10 plays and got the ball 4 times. Im not sure but i wonder when we see the Wildash formation for the first time

Ash was on the field for 10 plays and got the ball 4 times. Im not sure but i wonder when we see the Wildash formation for the first time

Broyld made the most out of his limited opportunities--no question. My guess is that he'll get integrated more and more over the next few weeks, as he assimilates more and gets a bit more comfortable. Not surprised that he didn't play a ton in game one of his true frosh year.

When freshmen skill players get on the field, you're better off getting them the ball instead of relying in them to block.

Broyld whiffed badly on the toss sweep to his side out of the bunch formation.

Marrone did say NW made a switch on defense that prevented Cuse from putting out a Broyld-heavy offensive set.

Marrone did say NW made a switch on defense that prevented Cuse from putting out a Broyld-heavy offensive set.
The fact that a team concentrated with the equivalent of apparently a box in one on a freshman who has never played before speaks volumes about what this kid should be able to accomplish when given reps. At least this is what I take out of Marrones comments on why he didn't play in the first half.

I know it's game one and they're integrating him slowly. But here's the thing with this type kid and player.....he needs reps early to get himself in the groove and warmed up. With each successive rep better things should start to happen. 4 reps isn't enough to get it going. They need to have him in there from series 3 going forward with a certain amount and consistent pattern of usage. I was apoplectic in the first half when it became apparent he was not getting in.

I'm not sure what changed with Nwesterns approach in the second half that they allowed him some reps, but going forward they'd better have him in there if they want more production out of him. Once he hits it, they and we should be happy. Said it before, but again, unless the staff has a death wish we'll see a lot more of him starting this weekend.

Now that those wide reciever screens to AB are on tape, I wouldnt be surprised one bit if he doesnt throw from that slot position against USC

I'm hoping the Wildcat is unveiled against USC. Looking forward to seeing AB on the field against some top flight competition. My guess is that if we don't see it next week, it's because DM is not happy with the execution in practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom