ACC Atlantic | Syracusefan.com

ACC Atlantic

Nine-game conference schedule? I guess the ACC doesn't really want Notre Dame after all. I can't see them giving up so many of their current rivalries.

So no divisions in basketball, that's kinda dissappointing. I can live the with FB set up. BC and Pitt every year.

Great to play BC, Pitt every year.

Can go play at Maryland and visit DC same weekend.

Florida State every year.

I like it.

We have a better chance to be competitive right away in FB in the Atlantic than we do Coastal, too. With continued development SU could be 3rd in the Atlantic the first season in the ACC

Hopefully we play at Georgia Tech in the first couple of years, to get the Georgia kids home

Looks like we got an easier draw in Fball and Bball.

Avoid Duke and UNC in hoops.
Avoid VTech, GTech and Miami in fball

We have a better chance to be competitive right away in FB in the Atlantic than we do Coastal, too. With continued development SU could be 3rd in the Atlantic the first season in the ACC

Totally disagree. I can't see SU beating both Florida State and Clemson in the same year. The Coastal is much weaker.

Looks like we got an easier draw in Fball and Bball.

Avoid Duke and UNC in hoops.
Avoid VTech, GTech and Miami in fball

There are no divisions in basketball or any sport besides football.

Let's be honest here, SU will always be a middle of the pack to upper mid pack team in the ACC averaging about 7 or 8 wins a season no matter what division we're placed. There will be occasional ten win seasons, but we're just grasping for straws if we think we'll be a conference championship contender within the first five years. It will happen someday, but it doesn't matter which division we're in because both divisions are pretty even. FSU and Clemson recruit really well, but GT, and VT have been more competitive in recent years.

Updated my sig! :)

I would have preferred the Coastal, strictly for recruiting, but am pumped to be in the Atlantic.

Boston College and Pittsburgh every year is great.

Clemson and Florida State very year is great.

Maryland and NC State will help our recruiting in those areas.

Wake Forest is a team we just had a great game to open the season.

I like it!

BC - Pitt - Maryland each year is good geographically.

FSU - Clemson each year is interesting and should help the Dome. Can't wait to go to Death Valley.

NC State - Wake is at least interesting enough to trump the Big East.

Would have been nice to have UVA and UNC in the rotation, just on college town appeal. VT would also be nice more regularly from a Dome perspective, place really came alive for that game. But there was no way to have it all so I think this works out best. We will still play those teams on occasion.

The only change I wish they had was that Maryland was our hoops partner, and Pitt had BC.

Wish we could start this up in 2012. 2012 Big East schedule will be excruciating in it's lack of appeal knowing what's ahead.

So no divisions in basketball, that's kinda dissappointing. I can live the with FB set up. BC and Pitt every year.
Big East model.

Wish we could start this up in 2012.
Amen.

Took a while, but we finally find ourselves in a conference with almost all the "independents" who mattered. Missing Penn St (prior to the recent developments) and WV will sting. But getting in with BC, Pitt, VT, Miami, and FSU is golden.

At least we play at Clemson every other year, so our Atlanta recruits' families can be assured of seeing us in person twice minimum.

At least we play at Clemson every other year, so our Atlanta recruits' families can be assured of seeing us in person twice minimum.

Same goes for Florida State (approx. 5 hours), NC State (6 hours) and Wake ( 7? Hours). Best thing to happen IMO. :cool:

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Totally disagree. I can't see SU beating both Florida State and Clemson in the same year. The Coastal is much weaker.
You think so? I'd rather be playing BC, Maryland, WF and NCSU (probably the bottom 4 in the Atlantic division) than Duke, Virginia, UNC and Miami (bottom 4 in Coastal), personally.

Me likey. For football we get to play the local schools and the biggest schools. Better in travel expenses for the first, better for attracting crowds at the Dome (not to mention great venues) on the other.

It's a shame we won't get Miami or Va Tech football in the Dome on a regular basis.

Thought the same thing, but overall... I think it's a good model for us.

You think so? I'd rather be playing BC, Maryland, WF and NCSU (probably the bottom 4 in the Atlantic division) than Duke, Virginia, UNC and Miami (bottom 4 in Coastal), personally.

SU has a winning record against VT. GT is regressing to the mean. Miami is in a craphole for the next decade.

The subtitle of this should be "Or How I Stopped Worrying About Being Stuck In A Dead-End Conference (And Having My Coaching Staff Depart En Masse) And Learned To Love Florida State."

10 BCS games a year ... that's like USC and Notre Dame territory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom