ACC Atlantic | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Atlantic

I already mapped out my travel when it was announced we were going ACC.

I think the only difficult trips for me were UVA and VT.

Flying to Pitt, UNC, Duke, Wake, NC St, GA Tech, Miami
Driving to BC and MD
Fly and then drive to FSU and Clemson
uva is quite drivable from the City.

this is a great set up for football for SU.

and if the ACC ever expands again, it will also only be to SUs advantage.

While everyone is wanting Miami and VT more the team I would like to play more would be GT. Seems like Georgia is one of our hot spots for recruiting right now I would like to get down there every other year to help that out...

Otherwise I love were we are spotted. Seems like a good fit. Seems each division got two top heavy teams in VT/Miami and Florida St/Clemson. So can't complain much about that.

uva is quite drivable from the City.

this is a great set up for football for SU.

and if the ACC ever expands again, it will also only be to SUs advantage.

What is it 6 hours? Hard to do a day trip for a Saturday game and I hate driving that long after work on a Friday, which is why I now fly to Pitt. I would still go to UVA but it is the 2nd longest trip for me.

I would hope so but I'm not holding my breath. We have had very few actual sellouts in the Dome.

Could be enough to get the "former fans" interested again. Hopefully we'll be playing at a high enough level by then to keep their interest in attending a few games not featuring traditional rivalries.

Could be enough to get the "former fans" interested again. Hopefully we'll be playing at a high enough level by then to keep their interest in attending a few games not featuring traditional rivalries.

That's a good point and I hope we might be able to get some new ones as well now that we're in a real conference with the same 14 teams.

What is it 6 hours? Hard to do a day trip for a Saturday game and I hate driving that long after work on a Friday, which is why I now fly to Pitt. I would still go to UVA but it is the 2nd longest trip for me.
thought it was a under 6, like 5 1/2. but yes, one would have to stay overnight, likely after the game.

put kickoff anywhere after 3pm and couple it with an away Giants game or a night, monday or bye and id drive it. the boston drive can be worse and longer if you hit ct traffic.

UVa is a great place to spend a weekend in the fall, enjoy it. Or if we (heaven forbid) get the bus back together again feel free to pay to ride with the DC/Va crowd.

You think so? I'd rather be playing BC, Maryland, WF and NCSU (probably the bottom 4 in the Atlantic division) than Duke, Virginia, UNC and Miami (bottom 4 in Coastal), personally.
There is no way UVA in football is bottom four in there division they lost to Clemson in the ACC championship this past year and have a great class coming in for the second year in a row. I do agree with you on the who I would rather have SU play though

Look, I've read all 59 posts on this thread to now and frankly, I'm quite disappointed in all of you...

Where's the negativity I've come to expect?

Isn't anyone gonna say how much they hate it or how the ACC screwed us over?

There's no, "this sucks" anywhere and to tell you the truth, I'm floored.

For the record, I like the arrangement... My brother went to Wake so now we have a rivalry the family never could've envisioned 15 years ago when he selected ACC country over 'Cuse and BC.

I remember the meltdown when BC left for the ACC. There were many who never wanted to play them again in any sport.

I remember the meltdown when BC left for the ACC. There were many who never wanted to play them again in any sport.

Those who understand business and have one foot firmly planted in reality did not advocate such things.

There is no way UVA in football is bottom four in there division they lost to Clemson in the ACC championship this past year and have a great class coming in for the second year in a row. I do agree with you on the who I would rather have SU play though
I was just going by the rankings this year, but I agree with you whole-heartedly, UVA is on the up-swing for sure. They're bringing in a ton of talent and will be a tough out for years to come.

That didn't completely stem from them going to the ACC, which we tried to do also. Much of the hate stemmed from them being bold faced liars about the whole thing.

That didn't completely stem from them going to the ACC, which we tried to do also. Much of the hate stemmed from them being bold faced liars about the whole thing.

My point is that now people have forgot the details and are looking forward to playing them again. They weren't straight about the whole deal. Some of the anger was out of jealousy and the fact that we were rejected.

Atlantic Division is clearly the "softer" of the football divisions. And that is a GREAT thing for SU!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how competitive the Atlantic division actually is. NCSU has a good football program along with FSU and Clemson.

With that said, it would seem to make more sense if Syracuse was in the Coastal division with the cross over game with BC. Miami vs SU has history and I think a SU vs Duke annual match would have been intriguing, the whole NY vs NJ sub plot.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how competitive the Atlantic division actually is. NCSU has a good football program along with FSU and Clemson.

With that said, it would seem to make more sense if Syracuse was in the Coastal division with the cross over game with BC. Miami vs SU has history and I think a SU vs Duke annual match would have been intriguing, the whole NY vs NJ sub plot.

I think we would have found reasons to be happy in either. We did have some great moments vs. Miami and VTech. Look forward to integrating our Yankee Asses into the conference!

I have lots of relatives/SU fans that live in SC. Cant wait to head down to a clemson game

Being in Virginia, I'm just pissed. Nuf said.
If you're in NoVA then you've got MD every other year.

If your more central or south west then you miss out on very close game sites, but the Triangle venues (and possibly Wake Forest) wouldn't be all that bad to get to... and Greensboro is in driving range.

Thinking more about this... SU really set themselves up nicely. By being in a division with BC and Maryland, and by having that series at MetLife Stadium lined up, it means every other year we'll have games in the Boston, NYC and DC areas. That's just flat out excellent for alums and gives us more broader coverage in the northeast corridor than we did in the Big East (for football, of course).

We'll also have an annual game in North Carolina (assuming they offset Wake and NC State on the schedule) and we have a good fanbase down to turn out, judging from the football games at UNC and hoops at NC State in the past.

I don't suspect we'll travel a lot to Tallahassee or Clemson, but those should be marquee conference games in the Dome, which is something we haven't had in a while.

And with the cross-division rotation, we'll have games in Virginia (UVA, VaTech) and another in NC (UNC, Duke) every 3 years or so.

I'm very excited for this.

Being in Virginia, I'm just pissed. Nuf said.
Too bad we couldn't stay in the Big East, where things were so much more convenient for Virginia based Syracuse fans.

I mean honestly, lineup these annual 7 games side-by-side and tell me how the ACC version ain't 1,000,000 times more attractive?:

UConn
Rutgers
Pitt
West Virginia
USF
Cincinnati
Louisville

BC
Pitt
Maryland
Florida State
Clemson
Wake Forest
NC State
To be perfectly honest, we haven't been up to the challenge of the Big East schedule for the last seven years. So the quality of the opponents in either league is ample. Nice to have BC and Maryland back on the schedule; nice to play the formerly elite FSU; but I don't find Wake, Clemson and NC St. any more exciting than our current Big East opponents.

Too bad we couldn't stay in the Big East, where things were so much more convenient for Virginia based Syracuse fans.
Now, now...we Virginians are loving this switch to the ACC, but we lost our home game at the Verizon Center. The least we should have gotten in the trade were regular games in Charlottesville and/or Blacksburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom