ACC/B1G Challenge | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC/B1G Challenge

ACC is top heavy like usual.
Duke and Louisville appear to be the class.
Virginia and North Carolina solid top 25 teams.
Florida State will go in and out of polls but a NCAAT team.

The rest of the conference is just meh. Anyone can beat anyone I am sure 2 or more will emerge as NCAAT teams.

Wow you determined all of this 7-8 games into the season? Didn't realize teams don't improve throughout the season.
I know this is a popular conventional wisdom take, but I don't know how true it is.

ACC is top heavy like usual.
Duke and Louisville appear to be the class.
Virginia and North Carolina solid top 25 teams.
Florida State will go in and out of polls but a NCAAT team.

The rest of the conference is just meh. Anyone can beat anyone I am sure 2 or more will emerge as NCAAT teams.
I tend to agree that ACC is top heavy. I think UNC will be a very good team by the end of the year barring major injury and Duke and Louisville should be solid top 10 squads.

Our play tonight was handicapped by Key's injury. No one in their right mind would say we would have won, but it would have been closer if he played, say losing by 14-15 (a combination of his points and his ability to reduce a #3's effectiveness). We were horrendously overrated at the start of the season, let alone now.
You guys lost a ton from last year. Just being a top 25 team the entire year will be an accomplishment. The UVA defense will make you guys a top 25 team.

I know this is a popular conventional wisdom take, but I don't know how true it is.
Interesting as i tend to think players like Anthony and Bacot from UNC are going to get much better as season goes on. So we have seen the best from Carey/Hurt/Stanley from Duke 7-8 games in?

You guys lost a ton from last year. Just being a top 25 team the entire year will be an accomplishment. The UVA defense will make you guys a top 25 team.
I agree. We had no business being ranked above 15 at the start of the year. We needed (and still need) to work new people into roles that were strengths with the previous incumbents.

Keep in mind that a number of teams are dealing with injury issues early.

UNC has been without Harris, Francis and Manley all season so far and now with Bacot looking like he may be out for a while they could really struggle.

UVA was a mediocre at best offensive team with Key, without him they are going to be a poor offensive team and a great defensive one. I still think they are likely to be a top 25 team overall just due to their defense.

GT is without Jose Alvarado until at least the end of December due to his ankle injury and Jordan Usher doesn't become eligible until after Dec 14th - so they are missing 2 of their top 4 guys right now.

I agree ACC is not as strong overall as last couple of years, but some teams are likely to improve just by getting key players back and even with the injuries L'ville and Duke look like Top 5 teams nationally. FSU is likely to be a Top 25 type team. NCST looks like they are getting it together now they have Johnson and Funderburk back and should be an NCAA team, possibly top 25. UVA will be a NCAA team in the end. UNC Will be a top 25 team once it gets guys back from injuries.

Louisville is by FAR the class of the conference. Ohio state is really good. One of the best and most consistent teams so far this year. They should be #2 in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom