ACC/BE Championship Clash? | Syracusefan.com

ACC/BE Championship Clash?

LOL, of course they would, if anything just to mantain some sort of relevancy. No way FSU, Miami or Clemson agree to that.

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Also, Scooch would be open to a 3-way with Jennifer Love Hewitt and Kate Upton.

Big East Champs vs. the lowest rated bowl eligible ACC team. Money split 60/40 (ACC/Big East).

...and Notre Dame can be chosen 4 out of every 5 years if they become bowl eligible.

Very big discussion today from all the college football experts on twitter about the haves and have nots. ACC has clearly been put on the have nots list. Which I think is completely crazy. Just shows how much everyone lives in the now and ignores the cycles. Two of the current ACC teams had an annual game in the 90s that the entire college football world stopped to watch. And they still reside in one of the Top 3 football talent rich states in the country.

The line will not be drawn between conference #4 and conference #5. It will be drawn between conference #5 and conference #6. And that's why this invitation from the Big East will be completely ignored.

What stops the SEC, with it's vast inventory of big time programs, from also signing an agreement with the Orange Bowl to put it's #2 team there? or some years #3 depending on the Final 4.

Or the Sugar Bowl could set this up if they lose the RFP on today's news to, say, the Cotton Bowl?

People like Matt Hayes are saying today's news moved us to 4 super conferences. Media is dying for a story like that.

The ACC doesn't really have an option here. The PAC 12 and big 10 are locked up, now the SEC and big 12 have teamed up.

As much as we want to laugh at the offer, the ACC is not exactly overflowing with options at this point.

Unless you want to lock in the ACC champ against someone's runner up, further solidifying second class status.

Agreed Chip

My 2 cents

Orange Bowl: ACC vs Notre Dame/At-Large (Big East/CUSA/MWC/BYU)

Notre Dame would get priority as long as they are in the Top 20 or ranked higher than the ACC Rep. If Notre Dame doesn't qualify the Orange Bowl/ACC will decide which At-Large Team will be selected (assuming they are ranked higher than Notre Dame)

Let's be clear, there is no ing way the ACC pairs up with the Big East.

No.

ing.

Way.

The ACC doesn't really have an option here. The PAC 12 and big 10 are locked up, now the SEC and big 12 have teamed up.

As much as we want to laugh at the offer, the ACC is not exactly overflowing with options at this point.

Unless you want to lock in the ACC champ against someone's runner up, further solidifying second class status.

The SEC #2 or even #3 team would probably be more attractive to the Orange Bowl than the BE Champ.

the ACC shouldnt worry. the pac12 should.

unless usc pretends to be the rams or raiders again, theyre useless.

oregon will prove to be a flash in the pan.

the b1g has sucked for years.

the ACC is fine. if their champ is 11-1 with a good loss or 12-0....theyre in the final 4.

this hurt the Rose Bowl more than anything.

tradition is bullshit.

the here, the now.....thats what matters.

When was the last time the ACC had a team better than Bose?
who gives a flyin fluk???

but the answer is every year.

boise is about to get an education.

even in the god aweful, pathetic d3 conf that is the new, new, new, new, new, bigeast.

the ACC shouldnt worry. the pac12 should.

unless usc pretends to be the rams or raiders again, theyre useless.

oregon will prove to be a flash in the pan.

the b1g has sucked for years.

the ACC is fine. if their champ is 11-1 with a good loss or 12-0....theyre in the final 4.

this hurt the Rose Bowl more than anything.

tradition is bullshit.

the here, the now.....thats what matters.

I sense Florida State and Miami will look to themselves to carry league and keep it top shelf instead of running off to use Texas or Oklahoma to make them feel relevant. And they have the perfect platform to do so...those 4 little letters that control nearly all televised college football... E, s, p and n.

ACC will be fine. Today will prove more to be about college football writers being desperate to run with a story than anything else.

even in the god aweful, pathetic d3 conf that is the new, new, new, new, new, bigeast.

Where do you predict Syracuse will finish this year in the "god aweful, pathetic d3 conf that is the new, new ,new, new, new, bigeast"?

Clearly you should go undefeated...

I sense Florida State and Miami will look to themselves to carry league and keep it top shelf instead of running off to use Texas or Oklahoma to make them feel relevant. And they have the perfect platform to do so...those 4 little letters that control nearly all televised college football... E, s, p and n.

ACC will be fine. Today will prove more to be about college football writers being desperate to run with a story than anything else.
exactly. at the end of the day, the ACC champ, if it has the record...wont be ignored.

but if it is, auburn shouldve been in the BCS champ game a few years ago too.

its college football.

until they go to 8, it wont really be fair.

hell, give me 6 and 2 byes.

Where do you predict Syracuse will finish this year in the "god aweful, pathetic d3 conf that is the new, new ,new, new, new, bigeast"?

Clearly you should go undefeated...
why?

and why should Syracuse go undefeated??

boises wac record doesnt mean shlit.

Syracuse's recent past record doesnt mean shlit.

Syracuse's record this upcoming year doesnt mean shlit either.

the conf shouldnt have been in the bcs after miami and vpi left.

the conf is worse now that SU, pitt and wv have left.

the crap that was added is comical.

First time I've seen Boise and education used in the same sentence

Agreed Chip

My 2 cents

Orange Bowl: ACC vs Notre Dame/At-Large (Big East/CUSA/MWC/BYU)

I don't think the Orange and ACC is going to align with any part of the (Big East/CUSA/MWC/BYU)

Even if the ACC #1 is out of the top 4, the ACC #1 or #2 is going to be playing a very good team, whether it's SEC #3 or Big 10 #3 etc. Look at last years teams/standings

SEC East
Georgia 10-4
South Carolina 11-2

SEC West
LSU/Alabama (top 4)
Arkansas 11-2

Big 10 Legends
Michigan State 11-3
Michigan 11-2
Nebraska 9-4

Big 10 Leaders
Wisconsin 11-3
Penn St 9-4

Big 12
OSU 12-1
KSU 10-3
Baylor 10-3
Oklahoma 10-3

Pac 10 North
Oregon 12-2
Stanford 11-2

Pac 10 South
USC 10-2 (probation)

Texas, Florida, Tennesse, Ohio State, Auburn didn't even factor b/c they had down years.

Anybody making this SEC/Big 10 deal out to be armageddon are nutz.

Anybody making this SEC/Big 10 deal out to be armageddon are nutz.

its armageddon for 1 school.

nd.

now we will have a final 4.

the rose pitting the best of the pac and the b1g.

the sugar we will say pitting the sec and the bevo.

and everybody else.

nd will be joining the acc shortly.....

the 20th century is O.V.E.R.

It would be far better for the ACC champ to play SEC #3 who would be higher ranked than the BE team.

all very intersting developments---i wonder where espn and others are in this. i also wonder how and if viewership suffers from essentially shutting out the entire north and south eastern seaboards from college football. i am probably on an island here, but i don't give a rats ass on saturdays what the rest of the country does, particularly the pac 12. myopic view --of course it is--but-- money is the answer---and there is plenty of it in the east seaboard. how do we make it work for us????create the most attractive bowl ever????rotate the pinstripe bowl from ny, to dc to tampa with the largest payout in college football??? all interesting questions to me anyway. curious to see if any money moguls come out of the woodwork on this,(ala trump etc). i also wonder if political and legal issues may surface on this. would it be out of the real of possibilities that congress may look at this in some way??? monopoly??

People like Matt Hayes are saying today's news moved us to 4 super conferences. Media is dying for a story like that.

Matt Hayes is one of my least favorite sports writers. The Sporting News is awful. They are the poster child for how to tank your business via poor web strategy and web design.

all very intersting developments---i wonder where espn and others are in this. i also wonder how and if viewership suffers from essentially shutting out the entire north and south eastern seaboards from college football. i am probably on an island here, but i don't give a rats ass on saturdays what the rest of the country does, particularly the pac 12. myopic view --of course it is--but-- money is the answer---and there is plenty of it in the east seaboard. how do we make it work for us????create the most attractive bowl ever????rotate the pinstripe bowl from ny, to dc to tampa with the largest payout in college football??? all interesting questions to me anyway. curious to see if any money moguls come out of the woodwork on this,(ala trump etc). i also wonder if political and legal issues may surface on this. would it be out of the real of possibilities that congress may look at this in some way??? monopoly??

Good grief, Tipphill.

"essentially shutting out the entire north and south eastern seaboards from college football" ???

I think the SEC and Big 10 games do very well in the Northeast and Southeast market.

If SU isn't on, I watch the SEC games.

If the Big East went away tomorrow, college football viewership in the Northeast wouldn't drop 5%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom