ACC files lawsuit against Maryland | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC files lawsuit against Maryland

Interesting reading. The choice of laws provision is NC law so, wherever the case winds up, NC law will be used to determine the opinion.

Interesting reading. The choice of laws provision is NC law so, wherever the case winds up, NC law will be used to determine the opinion.

Good

Good grief, calm down a bit.

I'm not anti-ACC. But at this point super conferences are coming and the ACC appears to be low-hanging fruit. So I'd rather just see it get put out of its misery since it seems inevitable.

I truthfully wanted, when this all started, the ACC to survive as the fourth major conference and see the Big 12 get killed off. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Regardless, I have no doubts they aren't as content as you're trying to suggest. There isn't a single one of them that aren't exploring other options right now. It doesn't mean anyone will take that next step, but you can't claim they're strong and committed when they're all taking other calls let alone some of them actively making them.

What misery? UNC isn't miserable, UVa isn't miserable. Heck, even Miami stormed the court last night over St. Izzo's squad. They are happy and quite the elitists. Sending them to Purdue will make them more unhappy than anything else.

What misery? UNC isn't miserable, UVa isn't miserable. Heck, even Miami stormed the court last night over St. Izzo's squad. They are happy and quite the elitists. Sending them to Purdue will make them more unhappy than anything else.

Yep.

Is the low hanging fruit the ACC? Or is the low hanging fruit a couple of debt-ridden mismanaged programs who happen to be located in two of the best DMAs in the country.

And I made it clear that I'm ignoring the Grant of Rights aspect because I think not enough is truly known about it yet since there are only scattered reports about its makeup. But like I said, even ignoring the GOR, there's really not much reason for Texas or Oklahoma to leave now. They have a rights deal that is comparable to the Pac-12 and could potentially go pick off Florida State, Miami and others. I just don't see a reason for them to go.
The Pac-12 had an opportunity to get it done last year. If they'd done it, a lot could be or would be different. But now they will have uphill sledding if it wants to pluck off anyone from the Big 12.

Actually the B12 breakup is easier than you might think (nothing is ever easy). If 4 B12 teams go to the Pac12, then only 2 more teams need to go to other conferences to dissolve the B12 conference and eliminate the GOR contract. Dont you think Texas and Okla know this along with PAC12, SEC and B1G. It looks secure but it really isnt. The most attractive assets in the nation right now are the teams in the B12 for expansion, not the ones in the ACC.

Also I have noticed a lot of talk about Kansas making the case to be the next obvious team for the B1G (Kansas City DMA). If the B1G takes 2 of the B12 teams, then you have 6 teams essentially dissolving the conference (or the SEC taking 1-2 as well). Heck, even the ACC could take back WVA and another bites the dust out of the B12.

Its really up to the PAC12 and by adding Texas and Okla, they become far more relevant on the national scene in my opinion than what they are or ever will be in the future.